Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
I have had 2 children in this school and both tested outside of this school with very high IQ's. I found that this school held my children back. The teachers and administrative staff are more dedicated to helping children who do not speak english as opposed to children who are at their grade level trying to learn more. I finally started teaching my children myself and they only attended Montview as a play daycare. I found when I taught them, they understood and picked up the material quickly. One of my daughters in 3rd grade was given a low score in math because the math teacher didn't know english! This school could greatly improve by segregating students that cannot speak english with students that can. This would help both groups of learners. I have met a total of 3 teachers at this school that were awesome. Other problems include only 1 conference per school yr., no extracurricular that doesn't involve WIC, Food Stamps, or low income reasons, and no communication. Documents have no dates, or notification is 1 day prior, instructions missing. Lastly, a lot of wasted paper when I receive and english version and a spanish version. DISAPPOINTING

Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I had my kids at Montview for two years, in the early grades. Of the 5 teachers we knew: * 2 were saints * 1 was okay * 1 should have retired ages ago -- she was a beaten woman * 1 should have had her teaching certificate canceled for questionable discipline practices in the classroom. The principal -- well, God bless her for taking on making a low-income, high-ESL elementary school; that's dedication. That said, it's clear she's a by-the-numbers administrator: displays against state-mandated testing standards are posted all over the school. My kids were near the top of the class, and they were routinely ignored during lessons so that their teachers could work on the kids that were bringing down the scores (statistically that's the smart thing to do, but a bored kid becomes a troublemaker). So I pulled 'em and put 'em in Vanguard Classical, where they know TCAP is a joke and don't teach to the test. When we were there, we had to fight to volunteer. They had canceled the PTO because they were afraid the "parents would take over". We were discouraged from volunteering in the classroom. They don't seem to view the parents as advocates or allies.

Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2011
The teachers and staff at Montview are incredibly dedicated, often taking time after school to host clubs such as skateboarding and science club. The students are motivated to become proficient and get better everyday. Come visit!! Also, Montview has won several awards recently. Check it out on Colorado Department of Education or on the aurorak12.org website!

Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School 0

Posted November 27, 2007
This school is horrible. There is nothing good about it at all.

Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2005
I have had a pleasant experience with this school. There are a high number of second language students. I am impressed with the teachers and their dedication to both the second language and English only speeking students. My child's teacher is very good at paying attention to her spcecific needs.

Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
I love the diversity at Montview! The teachers are great and encourage the child to be responsible for their own learning.

Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School
2055 Moline St, Aurora, CO  80010
Last modified Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top