Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers try hard to engage kids in learning, good behavior, good choices and critical thinking skills.

The. teachers and faculty go above and beyond with their efforts to teach and ensure student saftey. Three children of mine have attended Mrachek, each one of them have demonstrated the positive impact their teachers have had on their education. Our oldest child graduates this month and he plans on teaching as a career. This idea was born through friendships he formed with teachers while attending Mrachek middle school. He has carried this over to highschool, and now on to college he goes!

Develops character: Agree

The badges that they are required to wear is a very good start to the motto and philosophy that they are trying to adopt.

My son is going to this school currently. I had attended many years ago and enjoyed the teachers and school alike. Thus far, my son really enjoys it and is being challenged at every level. I am sad to read the comments that have been posted and wish that there were more recent experiences posted with specific details. I feel that middle school is such a confusing and difficult time for everyone at that age. I would have been more confident in the ratings if they were posted by objective parents instead of young people with pliable opinions. I think, given a chance and participation with the teachers, that this school is no different then any other school given what they have to work with. It is preached to go to another school, but what then? Let's leave an empty building? Those same problems will follow the same problem students to another school. Parents need do more than sit back and listen to their children complain. GET INVOLVED! Call, email, stop by and find out what is going on there at the school. Talk to the teachers. Go to the conferences. Attend the back to school nights. Join the PTA club. Nothing is going to change until we as parents in the community make the changes that we want to see. Until then, I happily send my 6th grader on to Mrachek and stay on top of his events, homework and after school clubs and activities. This is an ethnically balanced school. Let us make it a great school by supporting the staff, financially backing their requests and challenging our children to be BETTER citizens in our community. We are a comfortable middle class neighborhood. We can do better! They deserve the best!

Let me just say i hated this school with a passion. Everyday waking up knowing i had to go experience hell for 7 or so hours. The only thing i enjoyed was my friends. Teachers always look for ways to get you in trouble and have 0 tolerance for anything. If you attend this school you have a 99% chance of getting suspended or expelled. Middle schoolers act like middle schoolers so deal with it dont suspend them for something middleschoolers do.

I'm a former student and this school completely wrecked me for the time I was there. No one wants to be there, the students or the teachers. There's no welcoming aura anywhere, and I even remember one of the teachers telling students to not come to school since he didn't want to do any work. Another who I had a bond with begged my mother to enroll me somewhere else. That students were like animals and that I deserved better. I remember all the horrible things I was succumbed to, even getting choked in the middle of a hallway and not a single staff member glancing at the scene. Substitutes broke down in tears during lunch, teachers swearing loudly to students and I even remember a newly hired teacher showing up one day and quitting the next. I found plastic in a sandwich and choked, weekly fighting and a student once went into a classroom wildly bleeding from cuts they induced on themselves in the bathroom smiling. This school traumatized me and I left soon as I could. In my new school substitutes and teachers wince at the thought of this school. Please, parents, don't torture your kids through this. This school messed me up to a point I still have to go to therapy bi-weekly.

Mrachek Middle school was one of the worst schools' I've ever attended. I'm a former student at Mrachek and now a Sophomore at Rangeview, and let me just say that Mrachek Middle school is a nightmare. The staff there would rather be dead than teaching immature adolescents, and get angry for every action that the students do. In addition to having low tolerance they're also rude and get mad at you for making mistakes. I received attitude from Mrs. Fecko for entering in the wrong door, with her asking me if I knew how to read. My 6th grade year was horrible, as my science teacher Mr. English was scary mean and constantly threatened and berated us and treated us like dirt. I came home crying because they mistreated us so many times. The students there were rude so they wouldn't be messed with, and there were fights all of the time. So many students had attitudes and interrupted other students educations because they didn't want to learn. Students would get bullied & nothing would be done, that's why students kill themselves. The school always blames everything on the students, 7 they don't make school a safe comfortable environment. The school didn't take responsibility for anything.

WORST School ever it's really old smells bad has bad food and most of the staff will get mad at you for doing pretty much anything even though it's not bad there's weekly fights and there's a lot of terrorizing people there lockers are hard to get to and when you walk through the hallways you get pushed all the time people there aren't normal alright if I got to switch schools I would so I would not recommend Going to Mrachek middle school.I've seen people making out in the hallways and the teachers there don't do anything about that. Our principal didn't even cancel school when it was below 10 Celsius so we had to wake up and get dressed in that weather.

I attended Mrachek 13 years ago. The teachers were amazing. The staff was friendly. All the problems I remember experiencing were due to super low budget. Desks were really, really, old and the place always smelled like wet socks and old food. Books were old, equipment was old, and it was an old building with no windows. Yeah, none. I have been there recently for work a few times and it saddens me how little is different and how little investment has been made in improving the school. They put in windows (thank God) but that's about it. Stuff that was old when I was there was still there. New coat of paint, new carpets, windows, and the same old crappy desks and broken down gym equipment that was there 13 years ago. And from what here the curriculum is suffering too. This is sad. It seems like this whole district. I wouldn't want my kid to go to the schools I did. Not because they weren't good, but because they aren't good now.

HORRIBLE!!! We moved here a few months ago and unfortunately couldn't get my child into a different school. She was in honor classes at her last school and since coming here she has gone downhill with her 'grades' and her attitude! I hear weekly about fights and caught her using offensive language. This is a toxic school and something needs to be done!

Last modified Mrachek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.