Aurora, CO

Posted March 07, 2015
I'm a former student and this school completely wrecked me for the time I was there. No one wants to be there, the students or the teachers. There's no welcoming aura anywhere, and I even remember one of the teachers telling students to not come to school since he didn't want to do any work. Another who I had a bond with begged my mother to enroll me somewhere else. That students were like animals and that I deserved better. I remember all the horrible things I was succumbed to, even getting choked in the middle of a hallway and not a single staff member glancing at the scene. Substitutes broke down in tears during lunch, teachers swearing loudly to students and I even remember a newly hired teacher showing up one day and quitting the next. I found plastic in a sandwich and choked, weekly fighting and a student once went into a classroom wildly bleeding from cuts they induced on themselves in the bathroom smiling. This school traumatized me and I left soon as I could. In my new school substitutes and teachers wince at the thought of this school. Please, parents, don't torture your kids through this. This school messed me up to a point I still have to go to therapy bi-weekly.

Posted December 12, 2014
Mrachek Middle school was one of the worst schools' I've ever attended. I'm a former student at Mrachek and now a Sophomore at Rangeview, and let me just say that Mrachek Middle school is a nightmare. The staff there would rather be dead than teaching immature adolescents, and get angry for every action that the students do. In addition to having low tolerance they're also rude and get mad at you for making mistakes. I received attitude from Mrs. Fecko for entering in the wrong door, with her asking me if I knew how to read. My 6th grade year was horrible, as my science teacher Mr. English was scary mean and constantly threatened and berated us and treated us like dirt. I came home crying because they mistreated us so many times. The students there were rude so they wouldn't be messed with, and there were fights all of the time. So many students had attitudes and interrupted other students educations because they didn't want to learn. Students would get bullied & nothing would be done, that's why students kill themselves. The school always blames everything on the students, 7 they don't make school a safe comfortable environment. The school didn't take responsibility for anything.

Posted November 30, 2014
WORST School ever it's really old smells bad has bad food and most of the staff will get mad at you for doing pretty much anything even though it's not bad there's weekly fights and there's a lot of terrorizing people there lockers are hard to get to and when you walk through the hallways you get pushed all the time people there aren't normal alright if I got to switch schools I would so I would not recommend Going to Mrachek middle school.I've seen people making out in the hallways and the teachers there don't do anything about that. Our principal didn't even cancel school when it was below 10 Celsius so we had to wake up and get dressed in that weather.

Mrachek Middle School 3

Posted September 13, 2014
I attended Mrachek 13 years ago. The teachers were amazing. The staff was friendly. All the problems I remember experiencing were due to super low budget. Desks were really, really, old and the place always smelled like wet socks and old food. Books were old, equipment was old, and it was an old building with no windows. Yeah, none. I have been there recently for work a few times and it saddens me how little is different and how little investment has been made in improving the school. They put in windows (thank God) but that's about it. Stuff that was old when I was there was still there. New coat of paint, new carpets, windows, and the same old crappy desks and broken down gym equipment that was there 13 years ago. And from what here the curriculum is suffering too. This is sad. It seems like this whole district. I wouldn't want my kid to go to the schools I did. Not because they weren't good, but because they aren't good now.

Posted April 10, 2014
HORRIBLE!!! We moved here a few months ago and unfortunately couldn't get my child into a different school. She was in honor classes at her last school and since coming here she has gone downhill with her 'grades' and her attitude! I hear weekly about fights and caught her using offensive language. This is a toxic school and something needs to be done!

Mrachek Middle School 5

Posted March 14, 2014
The teachers are outstanding! They go above and beyond what is required of them. I will say there is a big lack of respect toward teachers from some students, that is unfortunate, this stems from what they are taught at home. This lands squarely on the shoulders of the parents, if you are a bad example of a human being, your children will follow! The teachers are there to teach academics to your child. Parents, it is your job to teach your children to respect others. Leadership at Mrachek is solid, we have had nothing but positive experiences with the teachers and leadership. I will reiterate, the teachers are outstanding!

Posted July 01, 2013
As a student I want to say I really don't like this school. I used to be a straight A student till I went to this school. The teacher are very unorganized and are constantly losing our work. Another problem is that there are fights almost everyday and the staff does nothing to prevent it. Another problem is that if you have a problem at the school and you fill a statement about little to none help comes, the principal is pretty much invisible to every problem. The only positive thing I can say about the school is that not all the teacher give up on the students for example Mrs.Rahn, Mr.Muller, and Mr.Emmer are probably one of the only reasons why I stay at the school. If they weren't there I would be done with this school.

Posted April 30, 2013
This school is AWFUL and my child is suffering there. She has excelled in all of her years of school until she attended Mrachek. The English teacher is from another country and can't speak English! Sadly, that may be the least of this school's problems. It is unreal!

Posted February 03, 2013
This is the worst school my child has ever attended. The administration allows staff to be verbally abusive and condescending to the students and parents. The curriculum is biased towards low achievement and there is no positive energy for the students. My son went from being excited about school in all his other schools to begging me to let him stay home. The entire staff needs to be replaced.

Posted January 07, 2013
I am a former student of Mrachek and I can tell by reading the reviews, nothing has changed. My experiences there haunt me to this day. Not only was I bullied by the students, but by teachers as well....verbally and physically. It's one thing to be harassed by your peers but to then have your teachers join in and encourage the abuse leaves one feeling hopeless. You also begin to believe the taunts. Needless to say, my grades did not reflect my ability under such extreme circumstances. I did everything in my power to keep my child from attending this school and fortunately was approved for out of district enrollment. My child had a very pleasant middle school experience at another school. I would have moved if I needed to in order to keep my child away from Mrachek.

Mrachek Middle School
1955 South Telluride St, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Mrachek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mrachek Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top