Posted July 30, 2014
Completely unsafe and poorly run. They do reward bad behavior & don't do anything to stop violence in the classroom.

Vaughn Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2014
My kids are doing great ...this school is a good school , if there's a problem they will take care of it . I know all their staff and they are great people.I wish they had more individual teaching after school for the students who are a littke bit behind, but other than that is a good school.

Posted March 27, 2014
Vaughn's TOSA cares about students and has done a great job of proactively addressing the needs of students with behavior concerns by building positive, safe relationships with them! Many of our students have social emotional learning needs that must be addressed in a restorative way and not in the traditional disciplinary way may have known as children. Punishment is not an effective way to teach our students how to make better decisions in the future-our data has shown it doesn't work! Teachers are learning how to implement and teach the social emotional standards our students must learn. The whole administrative team is very supportive to teachers when students behave in unsafe ways and students are definitely not rewarded for poor choices. Rather, they are given opportunities to repair the harm they've caused and learn what they can do in the future to make better choices. Vaughn and our TOSA are making a positive difference in the lives of students every day and I couldn't ask for a better place to teach!!!

Posted March 21, 2014
Last I checked, the way a person dresses have nothing to do with the affect on a school, and being a male isn't going to address the problems either. All schools have behavior students, not just this one. Vaughn has made improvement in test scores, and is able to offer students extra support, whether it be academic or emotional. The staff care about the students. The kids are made to take responsibility for their actions, and though, I might not agree how that is done, I don't think that it makes this school bad. My children have received extra academic support to keep their grades up. The teachers are caring, and the staff are supportive. The way a child behaves is not a reflection on the school, but on the parent. If more people (not just at this school) took responsibility for their children instead of dropping them off at school as if it was daycare, all schools would be problem free. Lastly, being a male or female doesn't make someone more qualified for a position of respect in the community, or better candidate for a school position. This is a good, solid school. If I didn't feel my kids were safe at this school, I wouldn't send them there everyday!

Vaughn Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2014
The positive: The principal is AMAZING. The school liaison is OUTSTANDING. It's a community school, teachers are encouraged to spend extra time getting to know their students . The negative: -The school has violent behavior problems (students attacking teachers , other students and school property). -The VP or TOSA dresses inappropriately; stilettos, tight clothes and is not in her 20's. She does not address behavior problems . (when a student is sent to the office they get to color or play on an iPad) which makes the student WANT to misbehave and hurt other people. -They need a male VP who the community will respect. -Some teachers are burnt out and it shows in their interactions with students.

Posted April 15, 2013
They do not know how to communicate with the parents when something happens with your child. However,my sons teacher Ms.Boots is the greatest. She has helped my son move up 5 reading levels in 2 m months

Posted August 16, 2012
I have 3 sons who have attended Vaughn for 4 years and I've never had a problem with the teachers, or the staff. This is a great school that really makes you feel that you're part of our family. The parent coffees are great ways to get information, but they are also a great social time for parents to meet each other and talk. I've made many friends over the past 4 years here and I love it. The teachers are dedicated and love teaching the kids. We had a lot of changes to the staff, but it is all for the better. Our new principal and assistant principal are heaven sent. They participate with the kids and interact with them on a daily basis, they are always outside talking to parents,they come to the parent coffees, and always have time to talk with concerned parents. I love being part of this community of familes, and watching my sons grow academically! All my sons teachers are supportive of them, and help them in any way they can. I know by bringing my children here will help them succeed in life. Go Eagles!!

Vaughn Elementary School 4

Posted July 28, 2012
I love the new administrator. She really seems to have breathed new life into the kids, staff and overall school. The parent coffees have been informative and honest when it comes to where the school is and what they are doing to improve. Everyone is nice and I especially love that my son's teacher is teaching kids to play the guitar afterschool for free! My kids love to go to school and I love volunteering there.

Posted September 03, 2009

Posted August 29, 2008
Teachers and administration do not know how to teach children. School should lose its accredation and probably be taken over by the state. I withdrew my child and sent her to another school.

Vaughn Elementary School
1155 Vaughn St, Aurora, CO  80011
Last modified Vaughn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vaughn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top