Berthoud, CO

Berthoud Elementary School 2

Posted December 14, 2014
Parents are highly involved and town is very supportive of the schools, but I am very unhappy with the lack of communication. Teachers were informed of some skills my child needed assistance on, child was placed in special class to address these and then continued to be docked on grade because of said issue. When asked the teachers continued to state "we expect excellence". Child's self esteem falls more and more every day and the issues aren't being addressed, child is just getting falling grades and I can't wait to be done with this school. I have heard the school is great, if your child is average and doesn't require any extra help. I would not recommend this school if your child struggles in any subject, some teachers are very nice and some teachers are so arrogant and full of themselves they should not be elementary teachers. Very disappointed.

Posted July 23, 2012
As a highly involved parent of 2 elementary (one entering 6th this fall) kiddos, I can highly recommend Berthoud El. The staff is highly educated with many years experience. Deep knowledge on how to teach each child according to his/her greatest needs and potential. Grades are important, but more important seems to be the individual attention on maximizing each childs potential. Technology is important. There is a community fundraiser each spring that keeps our schools at the top of the district with equipment and training for staff. The parents are deeply involved. We are proud members of the Berthoud El community. I see a comment below about bullying. I don't have a frame of reference to know if Berthoud has "issues with bullying according to the papers" greater than any other community in America. Issues with bullying arise, yes, but we face them head on. We discuss them in our paper. As parents, we talk about it. As a community, we educate. If you think your school has less of a bullying issue, then your head is in the sand. I love that we live in a community that puts such emphasis on the well-being of our children, both emotionally and educationally.

Berthoud Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2011
I would not recommend this school if your child has special needs. Also the schools in the Berthoud area are having issues with bullying as reported by the papers.

Posted September 15, 2009
Incredible school. Well run. Technology lab is state of the art with an Apple 'Mac' lab with latest educational software. Promethean Boards are used in the classrooms. Art, PE, and Computer Lab classes are given to all students including the kindergarten. The music talent show put on by each grade was amazing. I was impressed with what the music teacher brought out in our child. The school has an awesome website and is kept up to date, unlike other schools in the area. Ivy Stockwell is a really good school.

Posted May 26, 2009
I agree, the teachers are great and parents are involved.

Posted May 17, 2009
This is an incredible school! The teachers work hard to help students succeed, the parents are very involved in volunteering, and the principal does a fabulous job. I can't say enough good things about this school- and coming from a former homeschooling mom, that's big!

Posted September 18, 2008
Berthoud Elementary is a great school with wonderful caring teachers.

Posted September 07, 2007
This is my daughter's 2nd year at Berthoud Elementary. This is by far one of the best schools in the district. The staff truly cares about the students and families. They are great about having parent involvment! They have wonderful teachers who are doing a great job at preparing our children for the future. Thank you to everyone who has a hand in making this such a wonderful school and community to live in.

Posted April 01, 2005
Very active with parent volunteers. Highly visible and involved principal.

Berthoud Elementary School
560 Bunyan Ave, Berthoud, CO  80513
Last modified Berthoud Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berthoud Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top