Berthoud, CO

Posted November 15, 2013
One of the best schools my children have been to over the years. The teachers are fabulous! The new principal really cares about this school and he has already made a great impression on the students, parents and community.

Posted September 27, 2011
We love Ivy - the teachers, staff and administrators truly care about every child. The testing scores are excellent, but what matters most is that my children love to learn, and love to go to school.

Ivy Stockwell Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
i love this school! the teachers are fun its not boring its even fun in math

Posted May 31, 2007
My child just finished a year in the All-Day Kindergarten class. The cost was $240/month. With this extended day/curriculum, my child received classes in Music, Computer Lab, Art, and P.E. At the end of the school year they took a Field Trip to the Butterfly Pavillion in Broomfield, CO. There is a Field Day at the end of the school year for all grades. If I had to give an adjective to describe this school, I would say 'conservative'. Overall, I'm pleased with the school. My child ended the year being able to read and write and will be ready for 1st grade in the Fall of 2007. The teachers are excellent, some holding Masters Degrees.

Ivy Stockwell Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2005
We have been at Ivy Stockwell just two years now and it has been great. The all day Kindergarten is one I would recommend to anyone. The cost is well worth it! Betsy Porter is not only an excellent teacher but she cares about the children as if they were her own. The foundation for learning she lays down is amazing. The school as a whole shows an interest in children and their learning experience. The only drawback is the lack of allowing the children to be individuals at times. They do not allow birthdays to be recognized and teach about many different cultures during the holidays but seem to lessen Christmas in order to try to keep things neutral. Discipline at Ivy sometimes goes a little past where many parents think it should. Pink slips are handed out for things like talking to loud and skipping in the hallway.

Posted June 01, 2004
We have moved quite often and my daughter has attended several elementaries. She was only in Ivy a short time, but it is the experience we judge all other schools by. She was welcomed by all the staff and students. She was excited about learning and came home anxious to share what she was studying with me. The atmosphere in the school promoted a confidence in her academic abilities that she has not had in other schools. I can not express how much I appreciate the time she was able to spend at Ivy. I was amazed when I researched and found that the best school we have encountered spends $2,000 LESS per student anually than any other school my daughter has attended. Clearly, money isn't all that matters in good education. The district, and especially the staff of Ivy Stockwell should be commended on what they are accomplishing.

Ivy Stockwell Elementary School
175 Fifth St, Berthoud, CO  80513
Last modified Ivy Stockwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivy Stockwell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top