Berthoud, CO

Posted September 02, 2015
Absolutely hands down one of the best elementary schools I've been involved with. The teachers there actually care about each other and the community, and most importantly the students. They actually get along with each other and help each other to perform and teach the best they can. They make it fun for the kids to learn. My kids have both told me that they'd rather stay in school through the summer rather than have a summer vacation! Who says that?! Rick Bowles and the staff at Ivy Stockwell including the PTO members and even down to the maintenance crew (Trilby is awesome!) really, truly care about the kids there. I'm so proud to be part of this community and school, and wouldn't have my kids go anywhere else.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 02, 2015
I don't believe this is just Ivy Stockwell, but most schools in general. Yes, we need to teach and learn our kids. Yes, we need to prepare them for the future. However, we need to find a way to be able to do this in the 8 hours that they have at school and allow them the time they need to decompress and develop outside of school socially, etc.

Posted September 02, 2015
Ivy Stockwell is an amazing school with an incredible group of teachers and staff that really put their students first and work together to make sure your students leaves elementary with an incredible education.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 02, 2015
Unfortunately, the homework given is not entirely the fault of Ivy's teachers as that is the new culture to continue giving more homework since they don't have time to fit everything into the school day with all of the new educational requirements. That is unless they start taking away music, PE, recess which is a definitely no.

Posted September 01, 2015
An awesome school with a fantastic principal with great leaderships skills, high knowledge of education and a caring personality that wants the best for everyone. Teachers and staff are amazing and I really appreciate how much my children love school and love learning at Ivy!

Posted August 01, 2015
The staff and teachers care about my child as an individual. In the last three years they have responded to all my concerns. My child is doing is doing well at Ivy.

Posted November 15, 2013
One of the best schools my children have been to over the years. The teachers are fabulous! The new principal really cares about this school and he has already made a great impression on the students, parents and community.

Posted September 27, 2011
We love Ivy - the teachers, staff and administrators truly care about every child. The testing scores are excellent, but what matters most is that my children love to learn, and love to go to school.

Posted September 10, 2008
i love this school! the teachers are fun its not boring its even fun in math

Posted May 31, 2007
My child just finished a year in the All-Day Kindergarten class. The cost was $240/month. With this extended day/curriculum, my child received classes in Music, Computer Lab, Art, and P.E. At the end of the school year they took a Field Trip to the Butterfly Pavillion in Broomfield, CO. There is a Field Day at the end of the school year for all grades. If I had to give an adjective to describe this school, I would say 'conservative'. Overall, I'm pleased with the school. My child ended the year being able to read and write and will be ready for 1st grade in the Fall of 2007. The teachers are excellent, some holding Masters Degrees.

175 Fifth St, Berthoud, CO  80513
Last modified Ivy Stockwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivy Stockwell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top