Bad
Good

Boulder High School 4

Posted July 18, 2016
My son is enjoying Boulder High very much and he doesn't use drugs or have any interest in them (knock on wood). Our experience after two years here is that this a very welcoming school school which encourages all students to achieve their best academically and socially. My son is especially enjoying the arts program (band, orchestra, choir, art) which are taught by well qualified and enthusiastic teachers. The Boulder schools allow for "open enrollment" through which about 30% of kids choose to go to a school that is not their "assigned" school. Our neighbor's child, for instance, didn't fare well at Boulder High and switched to New Vista, which suits her better. This flexibility is a wonderful benefit of being in the Boulder Valley School district.

Boulder High School 2

Posted January 05, 2016
Drugs, open campus, no school spirit, it's just not a great place for your kids right now. My sophomore is transferring and my 8th grader is definitely not going there. My 7th grader is looking at all other options.

Boulder High School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
If you want your child to be immersed in the drug culture be our guest. Open campus blocks from the Pearl Street Mall poses major truancy risks. Homeless drug peddlers on the Boulder Creek path slinging dope getting kids' lunch money while the kids are getting high at lunch. BVSD and Boulder PD's apathy in securing the campus is a joke. If you can micro manage every subtle nuance socially and academically it can be rewarding, however if you have a choice send your child to Fairview.

Posted October 16, 2013
I have a freshman at boulder high, when she is asked how she feels about school, she says she loves it. I can only speak from our experiences thus far. I have contacted the principal directly 2times, both times, he addressed my concerns the same day. I was so impressed with this level of professionalism. The school is either at or above capacity. Still they do not have children sharing lockers, which is huge, they ordered more lockers to accommodate the kids. Academically, I feel as though BHS is one of the strongest schools in this area of colorado. The teachers are excellent at responding to emails and the teaching staff have shared goal of success for all of the students. You'll get the scoop at open enrollment time if you go to the presentation. The mission of the teachers here seem to be educating students while in HS, as well as getting your child ready to be successful in their upper education careers at the university level, while trying to instill the ability to function successfully in society. The social climate is one of acceptance, safety, tolerance, and honesty. When an issue arises, the counselors are on it, with open lines of communication.

Posted October 11, 2013
I graduated BHS a semester early. In the beginning when I was a freshman, I was on the verge of being a truant.I didn't ever want to go to school because I thought I was bad at it. The teachers immediately saw the problem and fixed it. Three and a half years later I had my diploma. The people at Boulder High were polite at the least to everyone. I was always very fat and never got teased once. The theater department is amazing. The shows seem like they could be on Broadway!

Posted October 03, 2013
I love BHS, I am currently a sophomore and have loved every minute of it, all of my teachers have been excellent and I enjoy the time I spend with most of my peers. The environment is very inclusive and I have never witnessed any bullying or harassment. Many of the other reviews make the open campus a much larger deal than it actually is. After the first few weeks freshman year the thrill of it wears off. The administration is excellent, as are the counselors. The school provides an environment were any student can find success. There are plenty of classes at different levels to meet the needs of everyone. I'd recommend Boulder High to anyone.

Boulder High School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter put her bag in the gym with her classmate as they had to run the track, when they got back 4 people got their Iphones stolen, including my daughter's cellphone. The school police and the principal only filed a report for this and not email all the parents know of the situation going on in the school to help their kids be aware of their assets. I really hope this will not happen to any student again.

Posted January 17, 2013
My son is currently a freshman here and loves it. He is very involved--plays multiple sports and is on the Student Council. He takes several advanced classes and appears to be well challenged. There is a lot of diversity and it's said that there is a place for everyone. Our danish exchange student attends as a Junior and concurs--she also says that American High Schools are much more fun than Denmark ;) If your child is a good student, they should definitely take at least a few Advanced classes as the regular classes are considered "easy". I toured Fairview this morning with my 8th grade daughter and my impression was that Fairview is a typical "suburban" school, while Boulder feels more Urban. Fairview felt bigger and there seemed to be MANY more kids--enrollment is now at 2134, not sure about Boulder High. Boulder does have an open campus, but the majority of kids are eating lunch, not doing drugs. We have friends at Fairview and they are very happy with it. I think the staff and curriculum are great at both schools--but you should visit both to see what suits you best. I

Posted September 16, 2009
Amazing teachers. Beautiful setting in Boulder, CO that allows for a very peaceful and exotic learning experience.

Boulder High School

Posted May 16, 2009
The reviews may say great things about this school, but it is a hell hole, the teachers at this school dont even deserve a quarter of their paycheck. the only good teachers they have end up getting fired. i do not recommend

Boulder High School
1604 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO  80302
Last modified Boulder High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.