Heatherwood Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2014
My child went to Heatherwood Elementary, 1st and 2nd grade. He has ADHD and Tourettes, with this comes certain behaviors that they did not want to deal with. The 1st grade teacher handled this very well, the 2nd was too overwhelmed. Their was students that said there was yelling in the class. My son went into a depression because it was too much for him to handle. Talk to Principle and he thought it was a disciple problem, which his doctor in a report said that was not the case. I pulled my son out of school and put him in a private school. The depression is alot better 6 months later and he is doing well in his new school. He has A's and 1 B..Also his behavior has improved because he is now confident and could read.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is our first year at Heatherwood and we love the community feel! Staff, teachers, and parents are so welcoming. The teachers truly lover our children and want to see them succeed. We are off to a good start with our school. Our children are happy and LOVE going to school!

Posted October 21, 2013
Heatherwood is a small community oriented school with great teachers, families, administrators, and kids. The teachers my kids have had are top notch. You can tell that the teachers have a love for teaching! I am proud to send my kids to a school like Heatherwood. The small neighborhood feel creates a harmonious community and parents are heavily involved in the success of the school. The new principal is focused on taking Heatherwood from a good school to a GREAT school and remains very clear with his strategies and ambitions. He is open and present and is a strong leader.

Posted October 18, 2013
I am very proud to be a part of the Heatherwood School community. We have very dedicated and caring staff and community. Our new Principal has brought a fresh vision to our school. Through focus and by maximizing our support staff, we have been able to restructure the school day so EVERY child can thrive, not matter what level they are currently performing at. Heatherwood has a strong community. There is great parent support in the classroom, library and throughout the building. With the parent support the teachers and paras can best focus on the kids education. Heatherwood also host the Intensive Learning Center (ILC) which provides support for kiddos with special needs. The support team for these special needs kids is outstanding at Heatherwood. The school works very hard to include the special need students into the main stream classroom and activities. Though progress has been made in providing for these kids, I feel there is more education and awareness that needs to be communicated to all. Creating a more compassionate society, one person at a time. Overall I feel very lucky to be a part of such a great school community.

Posted October 11, 2013
We've been part of this neighborhood school for 3 years with kids in the "lower pod" (K-2). It's a welcoming place, with mostly kind and laid-back parents who are engaged. Teachers, at least in the lower pod, have been invested, nurturing and care about the well being of each child. It is an open-classroom setting (with partitions instead of solid walls), if you are wary of that I can say my child who has auditory issues has done absolutely fine and noise-level/distractions are manageable. As with many schools, more and more is becoming expected with less, therefore parental volunteering is essential--there are many opportunities from counting Box Tops to volunteering to assist w/reading and math, to helping in PE, Art; strong and varied PTO activities, etc. Emphasis on health such as walk/bike to school events, the Heather Heatherwood fun run, a salad bar at school with veggies from our garden, plus fun events like movie night outdoors, etc. It is truly a neighborhood school with opportunities to help build community, which I appreciate in ways that extend beyond pure academics.

Posted October 09, 2013
I love the small community of Heatherwood. There are great parents, teachers and leadership at this school. Since the new principal started in 2012, there has been a lot of improvements to safety and academic standards. I can only see this school getting better under this new leadership.

Posted October 08, 2013
The best thing about Heatherwood is the highly dedicated staff! Each teacher truly cares about it's students success. Heatherwood has recently had a new principal. The new principal has made several steps to create a peaceful environment for all students. He is also very serious about raising the academic growth in the school. My 2 children really enjoy going to Heatherwood and have never once complained about going to school!

Posted October 08, 2013
Heatherwood Elementary is a smaller neighborhood school with an amazing community. Our school focuses on whole child growth and helps the children to really learn responsibility, respect, perseverance, and peacefulness. We have many optional community building events throughout the year. The teachers are all wonderful and have a passion for teaching, they welcome parent involvement and do an awesome job of keeping you informed.

Posted October 08, 2013
Heatherwood is an awesome neighborhood school. We hired a new principal last year and he has been a very positive leader. The staff works well together and are all very talented in engaging the children in learning. The community is very welcoming and we are a small enough school it makes it easy to know one another. I have been a parent at this school for 7 years and I still have 6 years ahead of me! Couldn't be happier!

Posted October 07, 2013
Heatherwood is an amazing school and I'm so happy to be a part of this community. There are many wonderful teachers and staff at Heatherwood. The teachers really know how to get their students to work their hardest. The music, art and gym programs are great. One of my favorite events is the Science Fair. Most of all, I love the wonderful sense of community at Heatherwood. I wouldn't send my kids to any other school. Go Huskies!!!

Heatherwood Elementary School
7750 Concord Dr, Boulder, CO  80301
Last modified Heatherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heatherwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 71 reviews.