PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The educational experience my kids get at Sacred Heart if excellent, and they also feel so connected to their classmates, teachers and staff due to the warm sense of welcome they have received since day 1. With a price tag that is 1/3 the cost of other private schools the value is also great. Parent involvement, values based instruction and overall sense of community are also key reasons we love Sacred Heart.

We switched our son from Douglas elementary in BVSD. We are very happy with the school. The principal is one of the key reasons the school is great. She is a very honest direct and thoughtful leader . Sacred Heart of Jesus' small class sizes offer individual attention to the student's academic performance. The teachers are dedicated and very accessible. There is a strong community of involved parents who volunteer and support the success of the school. They have athletic department, which provides an opportunity for team sports in basketball, volleyball and baseball.

I am very happy with SHJ!! My son loves the school and is very happy there. The class sizes at SHJ cannot be beat by any public school. I work at a BVSD elementary school and the class sizes range from 23-26 kids/class. My son my has a small class which allows his teacher to provide more reading and literacy time with him. No school is perfect and there will always be some parents that will find faults within a school. My son is getting a great education and also learning about morals and how to treat others kindly!! I highly recommend SHJ!!

This is our 5th year at SHJ. We have seen people come and go, classmates and teachers and staff. We stayed because our child has grown a feeling of comfort and respect with our faith and we believe that that is something that can serve him the rest of his life. There have been and still are some very involved teachers and priests that truly enjoy and care for the students. I cannot compare the academics as we have no experience elsewhere for our child. Our child skips to his class just about every morning at drop off and comes running with a big smile on his face nearly each afternoon at pickup. He is enjoying learning and for this we are most grateful.

SHJ is an incredible school. We have 2 children in the elementary school and they both absolutely love it. The small class sizes, the rigorous academic program and the amazing community cannot be beat. The staff helps build high morals and standards in our children...something that seems to be missing these days. I would definitely recommend this school!

Sacred Heart of Jesus' small class sizes offer individual attention to the student's academic performance. The teachers are dedicated and very accessible. There is a strong community of involved parents who volunteer and support the success of the school. We have a robust athletic department, which provides an opportunity for team sports in basketball, volleyball and baseball - all free of charge. As a community, the students and faculty join together to worship and celebrate, bridging the preschool, elementary school and middle school.

I am both a teacher And a parent at Sacred Heart of Jesus. Before I found this wonderful parochial school, I was only dreaming of such a healthy, professional, educational environment that supports and appreciates their staff, as well as a loving community that emphasizes academics as much as it encourages character values & personal growth and development for my child(ren). The incredible academic and moral difference offered at Sacred Heart stand out high above the rest! Whether you are devout Catholic, or simply looking for a safe and top notch educational experience for your child(ren), I would invite you to visit Sacred Heart! You will soon discover involved parents and PTO, genuine and dedicated teachers, strong athletic involvement, opportunities with church and community events, and a wide variety of enrichment classes. The small teacher to student ratio, technology incorporated curriculum, goal setting, faith expansion and student respect for adult authority are just a few aspects of what is lacking in many schools today.

Sacred Heart of Jesus School, Boulder, Colorado Parents coming from out of state looking for a Catholic school for our kindergarten daughter. We think we made a very good choice. The academics are stellar, faith life is strong, the faculty is current in best practices, the technology is state of the art and the community is welcoming. We have found a tradition of excellence.

SHJ was a disappointment. The administration and leadership is unstable, volatile and confrontational. The morale is low and the children are the ones who suffer. I know some people have had good experiences with teachers. However, the academics were not great, and simply having some technology in the classroom doesn't mean you are "ahead of the curve." There is nothing that is cutting edge, nor are the teachers well versed on educational trends or techniques. The parent body is nice, but they can't be the ones trying to fight the uphill battle. Too many other good options to even consider this as one.

After having my children attend Sacred Heart of Jesus for several years and recently making a change, I came to the realization that while SHJ has some good things going for it, it is overall is lacking. It struggles with many issues and the return on investment (tuition) does not necessarily translate into a strong educational value for your children. There are some wonderful teachers but unfortunately the school has an historically unstable administration, low teacher morale and an ever diminishing student body. One should not assume because this is a private school it is somehow better than other local schools. Take the time to compare SHJ to other private and public options and you will quickly realize your children will be better off and have far more opportunity elsewhere.

Last modified Sacred Heart Of Jesus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8