Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Creekside has been an amazing experience for both our children. We've been there 5 years, and have children currently in 2nd and 4th grade. Every year, my children's individual needs - academic, emotional, social, and medical - have been met with the very best efforts of every teacher. Creekside cares about the whole child, and the diversity in the school - far from causing anyone to be "held back" because of the needs of "slower" student - has enriched my children's experience so much. We've had conversations about everything from autism, social needs, ethnicity, and how to welcome someone new. Both my kiddos have good friends there, and we can't wait for the new school that will be finished in 2017. Creekside is awesome!

Amount of homework: Agree

My students are currently in 2nd and 4th grade, and they do about 10 minutes and 30 minutes of homework a day respectively, leaving plenty of time for free play in the evening or for extracurricular activities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are rewarded for LEAP behavior - whenever they exhibit Leadership, Empathy, Accountability, and Pride (pride as in working with excellence, not as in feeling superior), they are given positive rewards - everything from being entered into a lottery for prizes to the Principal calling home to tell parents what a great job their kiddo did. There are students in the autism spectrum that are included in the classrooms, and my children have been able to observe and learn fair and kind treatment of these beautiful peers - my youngest son exclaimed with joy at Valentines when he found a card from the one of the autistic students in his class. When my older son was tempted to use a calculator on an assignment he shouldn't have and we reported this concern to a teacher, she had a gentle meeting with the entire class of students - a number of students had made that error, and she explained to them clearly the policy regarding use of calculators and what she expected from them.

Creekside is a great school, with smart and caring teachers, an active parent community, and a more diverse population than you find at other Boulder schools. We love our neighborhood school!

Wonderful school. We came to Boulder from abroad and our children (now 8, 10) did not know any English. The children loved the school and the teachers immediately. They had a wonderful first year and now they are in their second year (grades third and fourth). Both our children's teachers had been amazing (At the beginning of last year my older's son teacher asked us what our son likes to play at the break so she could help him find his place). They learnt English amazingly fast and the overall school program really impressed us (math and social studies). The principle is also great. His priorities as he explained them was making sure the children know that they are loved unconditionally, that they feel a sense of achievement and there was a third thing i forgot...The community is open and active. The children love most of the food in the cafeteria. I have only good things to say :)

Amazing teachers, great leadership, fantastic community! We are constantly awed with the teachers' ability to teach effectively to so many different levels. A single classroom might include kids who are just learning English, a child with autism, and gifted kids, but everyone's needs are met appropriately and effectively due to the focus on smaller class sizes and co-teaching. The principal is hitting his stride now that he's been there for nearly 2 years, and making some great positive changes in the school in the midst of budget cuts. Literacy is a big focus, and the school is doing well with making sure each child is learning at their particular level. Math is not yet set up to enable faster learners to move ahead, but they're working in that direction and I have every confidence they will become as successful in providing varied learning opportunities for math in the next 2 years as they have been with literacy in the past 2 years. We were almost scared off from Creekside due to its low test scores, but we are so glad we chose this great school. Look beyond the test scores and you'll find one of BVSD's true gems!

we adore creekside! the community, teachers, children, and facility are awesome. what a great surprise. feeling lucky here in martin acres.

I have worker at Creekside for 12 years. I consider it to be my home away from home. The students and staff are like my family. Creekside is a beautifully diverse and vibrant school. There are few schools in Boulder such as this. This school reflects the real world in that there are people with differing abilities, languages, religions, race, and socio-economic levels. Creekside is a wonderful community!

My daughter has attended Creekside since kindergarten and is now in fifth grade. She has had *amazing* teachers all the way through, who have challenged her to improve on her weaknesses and build on her strengths. Also, Creekside has a very friendly, "community vibe" where everyone feels welcome and students with special needs, different languages etc. are totally included. And the class size...where else are you going to find 22 kids with 2 teachers or 16 kids with one teacher? Not even in a private school, that's for sure! I would recommend Creekside without hesitation.

Creekside Elementary is a school with a wonderful community feeling. There is a new principal this year and the school is thriving under strong and consistent leadership. Teachers at this school work endless hours to ensure each student is reaching his/her potential. The co-teaching model (2 full-time teachers in each classroom) means low class sizes and more individual attention for each child. The student body is diverse in a variety of ways, but we feel this only adds to the learning experience. Our student is meeting children from various backgrounds and this is a true reflection of the world, which is often difficult to find in Boulder.

Last modified Creekside Elementary School At Martin Park is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.