Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school culture is warm and accepting. The teachers and staff have such enthusiasm and passion for what they do. The school emphasizes respect for others and instills in the kids a sense of curiosity and love of learning.

Mesa is a very liberal welcoming school with awesome teachers. The location is extraordinary and inspiring for kids.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Sadly, I have seen this. But thankfully I saw how the school addressed the bullying. This was resolved in a way that respected the children and clearly made a difference in their behavior. The end result was good. I was bullied as a kid and I wish my situation would have been worked with in the manner Mesa has worked with the kids.

Supports LD students: Agree

I personally feel there is alway room for any school to grow in this area. There are so many learning styles, abilities and disabilities. Mesa makes a strong effort to provide classroom para support to get the support to all the kids.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Our leadership is responsive and strong. I am speaking about the staff and the PTO offerers. Everyone at the school is on the PTO but there are also officer rolls. These folks really work hard to keep the school on top!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Mesa is one of 12 Welcoming Schools in the country! You feel this the moment you walk into the school. The warmth is real!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers get support from the school to continue their training. They are calm, polite and respectful to the children. This may seem like something that is assumed but this is not the case in all schools.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

We have a no homework policy. I will say that the kids do have some fun outside of school projects but these are not homework.

Mesa is a real community. We are a smaller sized school and the kids, parents and staff all really get to know each other. There are many oppertunities to join in on community activities that interest you and your family. We have found that the school is responsive to our needs. I volunteer in the school and get to see how it works when the day to day is going on. I am vary impressed with how the staff works with the kids when there is a problem. There are high fives when things are going smooth. If a child is having a bad day the staff works together to try to turn it around for the child and return them to their friends and school work. WE LOVE IT!

I love Mesa. We moved to Boulder this past year and could choose which school to register our kids in. Mesa is filled with kids' art, and has a compassionate and thoughtful staff. We have worked closely with the administration as our kids got to know the school, and they got to know us, and have been really pleased with the level of attention and thought everyone gives to the children. After just a few months everyone knew our kids and the school was responsive and helpful.

Last modified Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.