No rating

Mountain Shadows Montessori School

Private | PK-6 & ungraded

Living in Boulder

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $285,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted June 27, 2014

Mountain Shadows has been incredible! They do Montessori right and I am grateful every day for the passionate and curious student my son has become after 5 years at Mountain Shadows. He is now in their Elementary program and the measurable education and opportunities for personal growth he has received are nothing short of remarkable. Thanks to the MSMS staff for their steadfast dedication to our son's education! I read the only negative review on greatschools.org for Mountain Shadows and couldn't disagree more. The school enrollment is healthy and increasing over the past several years, the programming is top quality, and the energy at the school is vibrant and warm! I highly recommend a visit to the school and talking to current parents if you are considering Montessori for your child's future, you'll be amazed.

Posted June 27, 2014

Mountain Shadows Montessori School offers an exceptional quality educational experience from Toddlers through Elementary. My child has excelled in the Elementary program. He has received individualized attention and has progressed in every academic area. He is stimulated and challenged through the use of concrete materials (and to gain understanding of the abstract) in an orderly and organized classroom. He is gaining responsibility, accountability, self-confidence, discipline, and the intrinsic value of learning. He is developing life skills in critical thinking, problem solving, conflict resolution and leadership. MS offers a positive, loving, safe environment for all children to develop their full potential, with highly qualified teachers and staff. As a former Montessori teacher, MS is the quality school of choice for our child!

Posted June 22, 2014

I would not send a child to the elem. school. The school has been in decline and it is to the point there is very little benefit, very little good, coming out of the elem. program. Not a good climate, not experienced teachers, not healthy, lacking in programming.

Posted April 30, 2014

My experience at Mountain Shadows is nothing short of amazing. Working with a staff that is very knowledgeable and supportive of all things Montessori is so much fun. I love to go to work everyday and interact with this amazing crew. The children are so happy and are always going above and beyond what they would get in traditional education. The fact that Mountain Shadows is an AMI school is so important to me because it allows me to teach the Montessori philosophy and know that no one will try to get me to teach any other way. I encourage anyone interested in sending their children to Montessori to come visit our wonderful campus to take a tour and sign up for a class observation.

Posted April 25, 2014

Mountain Shadows is truly a wonderful find for our family... it's set on a beautiful renovated farmhouse with wonderful space for the children to explore and meticulously planned classrooms to help them grow. The teachers are so nuturing and engaged that I feel our son is in great hands. He has been there since 18 months and they have helped with toileting, independence and now reading and writing.

Posted March 7, 2014

My two children spent a total of 16 years at Mountain Shadows Montessori. It is the best gift we have ever given them and will last a lifetime. My kids are completely different in about every way and MSMS was perfect for both. One is now thriving in college and one is the top of her class at a public high school. They are both self driven, curious, independent and capable thanks to the all inclusive, well rounded education of a true Monetessori school. Mountain Shadows is the only AMI accredited Montessori school in Colorado and we were blessed to be able to send our children there. Speaking with public school teachers has reaffirmed our decision, as every one of them values the students that come from a Montessori background and finds those students to be self-driven and rewarding to have in class! I recommend MSMS to anyone who values education and wants their children to thrive not only now, but their whole lives! My kids HATED missing school and loved every day at Mountain Shadows!

Posted November 19, 2013

MSMS is a true Montessori school. I am a mother and a teacher of this school. We moved from Utah just to be at this school. All the teachers and staff are passionate about the Montessori method and the children. I highly recommend this school to all who are interested in preparing their children for life. If you want your child to love learning and to become a positive leader in their life and community, this school will certainly aid in that development.

Posted November 19, 2013

As an AMS certified teacher, I was not initially impressed by AMI certification. In Mountain Shadows' case, it means that staff, administration, and board members adhere to the highest standards of professionalism. They truly care about education and children, and it shows. I am proud to be part of their staff.

Posted November 19, 2013

My niece has been enrolled in the Mountain Shadows Montessori School Primary Program and she loves it. Her teacher has over 20 years of experience and is very knowledgeable in AMI Montessori education. In fact all of the teachers at MSMS are amazing, all having been through the rigors of AMI training. They are all wonderful people too. My niece, who is a shy young lady, skips in to school most mornings, in anticipation of the wonderful things she is going to do and learn. I'm hoping my brother-in-law and sister-in- law decide to send her to the Elementary program at MSMS! I often say I wish I had attended a Montessori school like Mountain Shadows when I was young. I'm sure it would have changed my whole perspective on learning and education. I would highly recommend sending your children to MSMS. It is truly a worthy investment for your child's future.

Posted November 7, 2013

As the only AMI-certified Montessori school in Colorado, I moved to its Boulder location to enroll my son because I was assured it adhered to the highest standards of training, teaching, and delivery of the Montessori ideals that just can't be found in other Montessori-themed schools. The emphasis on learning that evolves at the proper developmental pace of the child means my son will grow up to be a critical and independent thinker that can succeed after-school, in the *real* world. It educates with the end goal in mind - a person who can pursue their best work in harmony with the world they enter. Schooling at Montessori is about life skills - not just wrangling tests to get into the "best" college. Check out Mountain Shadows - the finest school of its kind in Colorado with the best teachers in the finest setting for learning - you will wish you were starting all over again at this place!

Posted November 7, 2013

Terrific school, true Montessori. Both my kids attended from kindergarden age through 6th grade. They did great after that. Would recommend to anyone..

Posted August 25, 2012

There is no doubt there have been problems in administration the last couple years, but what a school requires to be truly great, is a passionate commitment to the education, environment and community they are creating, and that is what I feel when I walk into Mountain Shadows. The future is always uncertain isn't it, and as much as we want any school to have a perfect resume, every resilient institution has its ups and downs. The bottom line is, are the teachers caring and conscientious, are the students happy and successful, do they look forward to learning? So far, my answer is yes.

Posted November 11, 2011

This is our 7th year at Mountain Shadows; both of our children have attended Mountain Shadows since they were 3 years old. Our children are excited about going to school everyday because they are respected, love learning and are engaged in purposeful and meaningful activities. We love this school.

Posted October 21, 2011

Our daughter goes to Mountain Shadows Montessori and now our son will start in the new toddler program. The teachers are amazing - and the campus is beautiful. We couldn't be happier with our experience!

Posted March 9, 2010

My son had a great experience and has blossomed in a way that couldn't have happened in a public or traditional school.

Posted June 19, 2009

ithink MSMS(Mountian Shadows Montessori school)is a great place to biuld confedence & character
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 27, 2009

My grandchildren both go to this school. It is wonderful! They love their teachers, and learn so much. I am more than glad to pay their tuition so that they can attend Mouontain Shadows Montessori School.

Posted May 22, 2009

Mountain Shadows is the perfect school. We have 2 little ones there now. I am confident that my children are receiving the best education they could possibly get. I recommend this school to everyone. You will be amazed at the quality of people and education they provide.

Posted December 4, 2008

Our children have done very well at Mtn. Shadows. They are very different from one another in their interests and strengths and the environment in the classroom gives them the opportunity to learn at their own pace, whether it be fast or slow. The teachers are remarkable and are very accessible and are quick to address any concerns or issues. This is a great environment to nurture independence, confidence and creativity from Primary all the way through Upper Elementary.

Posted December 4, 2008

Both of my children are thriving at Mountain Shadows. My oldest has been there for 4 years and my youngest for 2 years. It is a nice feeling when your children look forward to going to school each day. It is obvious to me that the teachers and administration take their jobs to heart and are passionate about teaching the Montessori method. Stephanie Velasco

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • AMI
Fax number
  • (303) 530-5230

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori