Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 20, 2016
To Mr. Lamb, Ms. Matthews, Mr. Brown, Mrs. Saalwachter, Mr. Trasky, Mrs. Rundell, and Mrs. Patterson, I am incredibly grateful that I went to CHOICE. It was an absolutely incredible experience. In 7th grade, I was diagnosed with severe depression and was hospitalized for almost killing myself. I dealt with issues such as self harm and conflicting feelings about my sociopathic, abusive father as well as some cyberbullying. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for the loving and caring community at CHOICE, so if any of the teachers or counselors from CHOICE are reading this, thank you for saving my life. You guys are truly incredible people and I am so grateful to have known you all. Thank you.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted March 20, 2016
There needs to be more homework to prepare kids for high school and the workload that it involves.

Posted June 08, 2015
My son was a 6th grader this past year--fantastic experience! Teachers were dialed into his personality and academic strengths/weaknesses very early on. ILC kids are super Integrated and the other students are friendly and supportive of them. Sufficiently challenging academically, but teachers/admin also focus on character development, etc. "Epic year" in the words of my son.

Nevin Platt Middle School 1

Posted April 18, 2015
My 6th-grader headed off to middle school totally ready and excited for the next stage in his education. He enjoyed his teachers, classes, and extracurriculars, but when he was faced with a traumatic situation involving another student who was clearly troubled and potentially dangerous, he was completely let down by the administration. Platt seems to have a 'culture of bullying,' where it is much easier to 'blame the victim' and hope the victim just figures it out and goes away, no matter how much a parent tries to advocate or cooperate.

Nevin Platt Middle School 2

Posted April 12, 2015
Platt has an excellent music program and the academics are solid. The culinary arts program is fantastic - the teacher is a trained chef and the kids have a ball with him. Most of the teachers are wonderful. The bullying, however, is pervasive and the administration shrugs it off to the point that it is dangerous. The administration is ambivalent and defensive about the situation, and seems incapable of curbing it in any way.

Nevin Platt Middle School 2

Posted February 15, 2015
Platt has a wonderful music department with teachers who create an enjoyable and memorable experience for young musicians; the fall music fest is the highlight of the school year. Everything else about Platt Traditional is unremarkable. The counselors and teachers are uninspiring. My daughter is bored in many of her classes, but her teachers refuse to give her more challenging work. Also, there is a culture of bullying at Platt that the administration ignores. Platt has been a disappointment. My older daughter attended Southern Hills MS and it was a better overall experience.

Posted October 24, 2014
Platt is the best kept secret in BVSD! My child is in 6th grade and absolutely LOVES it. We are in the traditional program, very challenging with plenty of room for advancement. The new math and reading teachers are great as are the original staff, very supportive. The kids are the most well-behaved kids I have ever known. The new principal and vice principal are second to none. They can even be seen playing on the playground with the kids. The counsel is terrific. Homework is not on the heavy side, so there is room for extracurricular activities. I would highly recommend Platt traditional.

Nevin Platt Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2014
My school is a great school! I am currently a 7th grader attending Platt. It is amazing in the science department where we got a new science courtyard just recently. The music department is amazing too. All the kids that tried out for All State Choir made it in and we've been to the CMEA's countless times. The math department is great. The teachers teach very well. The Language Arts teachers are the best. I am in Advanced Language Arts, where it is still going a bit slow for me, so my teacher is letting me choose an independent project topic for me to do and then present to the whole grade. Socials Studies is a little lacking, but it is still very interactive and I learn a lot each day. The gym is great. We do warm ups every day and then we get down to business where the teacher just leaves us alone to figure out what works for us. He does go over some basic skills for the unit though. The language department is wonderful. One of the teachers (mine), is on absence because she is having a baby, but her substitute is just as good as she was. The other teacher is from Guatemala and is a really good interactive and hands on teacher. Overall, Platt is a great school that offers a lot!

Posted April 13, 2011
I have had 3 children attend Platt and believe it has been an amazing experience. My daughters are off to High School (Boulder & Fairview) and doing great. My son is now attending Platt and is very happy. The teachers and administration are extremely supportive as is the counseling staff. I feel it is a wonderful community for kids and everyone in the building is there to make sure every student is happy and learning.

Posted April 13, 2011
I currently have two children at Platt- an 8th grader in the CHOICE program and a 6th grader in Platt. They both love their respective programs. I've found the teachers to be extremely well qualified, creative and flexible. The administration is caring and gets things done. Overall, an excellent school.

6096 Baseline Road, Boulder, CO  80303
Last modified Nevin Platt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.