Boulder, CO

Posted October 24, 2014
Platt is the best kept secret in BVSD! My child is in 6th grade and absolutely LOVES it. We are in the traditional program, very challenging with plenty of room for advancement. The new math and reading teachers are great as are the original staff, very supportive. The kids are the most well-behaved kids I have ever known. The new principal and vice principal are second to none. They can even be seen playing on the playground with the kids. The counsel is terrific. Homework is not on the heavy side, so there is room for extracurricular activities. I would highly recommend Platt traditional.

Nevin Platt Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2014
My school is a great school! I am currently a 7th grader attending Platt. It is amazing in the science department where we got a new science courtyard just recently. The music department is amazing too. All the kids that tried out for All State Choir made it in and we've been to the CMEA's countless times. The math department is great. The teachers teach very well. The Language Arts teachers are the best. I am in Advanced Language Arts, where it is still going a bit slow for me, so my teacher is letting me choose an independent project topic for me to do and then present to the whole grade. Socials Studies is a little lacking, but it is still very interactive and I learn a lot each day. The gym is great. We do warm ups every day and then we get down to business where the teacher just leaves us alone to figure out what works for us. He does go over some basic skills for the unit though. The language department is wonderful. One of the teachers (mine), is on absence because she is having a baby, but her substitute is just as good as she was. The other teacher is from Guatemala and is a really good interactive and hands on teacher. Overall, Platt is a great school that offers a lot!

Posted April 13, 2011
I have had 3 children attend Platt and believe it has been an amazing experience. My daughters are off to High School (Boulder & Fairview) and doing great. My son is now attending Platt and is very happy. The teachers and administration are extremely supportive as is the counseling staff. I feel it is a wonderful community for kids and everyone in the building is there to make sure every student is happy and learning.

Posted April 13, 2011
I currently have two children at Platt- an 8th grader in the CHOICE program and a 6th grader in Platt. They both love their respective programs. I've found the teachers to be extremely well qualified, creative and flexible. The administration is caring and gets things done. Overall, an excellent school.

Nevin Platt Middle School 3

Posted January 21, 2011
The teachers at Platt are wonderful, but the administration and counseling departments have much to be desired. Dr. Gates plays favorites with students and parents alike and seems to want the approval of bullies making them feel more entitled. She's a good brown-noser but not sincere, not good for kids or teachers (so I hear). Ms Santee (AP) seems nice enough, but is pretty lazy about taking care of things. Ms Patterson sticks her nose into everything and then acts as the admin informant (NOT how a counselor should behave). Teachers A, admin F

Posted June 19, 2010
The Platt campus offers 2 amazing programs for middle school. Two-thirds of the students are on a high achieving traditional middle school track, while one third of the students are in a unique program called CHOICE (Cooperative Hands On Integrated Community Education). Both tracks are rigorous and high achieving thanks to a strong teaching team led by great administrators! Dr. Gates has worked wonders to raise the bar on expectations of students. A very cohesive school community!

Nevin Platt Middle School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
The school pays as much attention to students' social and emotional development as it does to their academic development. The curriculum is rigorous, but the caring is abundant.

Posted May 12, 2009

Nevin Platt Middle School 1

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted June 16, 2008
My child just completed 7th grade at Platt. It was a wonderful year for her. The school is very supportive and the core teachers made themselves available every morning for tutoring. The math and science teachers were especially supportive to struggling students. The social studies teacher, language arts/reading group helped her to really blossom this year. School became fun and she really felt successful. The librarian has made the library a welcoming place. He encourages the children, yet sets a high bar for behavior.

Nevin Platt Middle School
6096 Baseline Rd, Boulder, CO  80303
Last modified Nevin Platt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nevin Platt Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top