PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our youngest son was in preK this year and made such amazing progress in such a short time. The enriching and supportive atmosphere in the school allowed him to build confidence, take responsibility and learn so many skills that we were sorry we didn't know about this school when our older son was younger. This is by far the best school we've ever seen.

Our son completed two years at the BCD Preschool and our daughter was in their 2.5 year old program and will be enrolling in their preschool program this fall. Prior to attending BCD preschool our son was in preschool in Boston. We were looking for a great school that offered a literacy-based curriculum while also providing a creative and supportive environment. When we toured BCD we knew it was going to be a great fit - their facility is first-class, including the playground. The classrooms are bright and roomy and give the children so many stations and places to play. They incorporate science, art, music and play into each day. Our son often asks to stay later at the great after-care program they offer for parents who want the day to extend until 5:45. We highly recommend the BCD preschool.

My two boys have recently gone through preschool and pre-k at BCD. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The head of preschool, Kath Courter, has such a wealth of knowledge and experience, and I very much appreciated her advice as an educator and a fellow mother. The teachers knew my boys so well and were always willing to adapt the classroom and use tools to fit their different learning styles. For me, I think the program struck a good balance of letting the kids be free to follow their interests and just have fun while also preparing them for a kindergarten curriculum.

I have a son who is enrolled for the second year in BCD's preschool program. My family has encountered many wonderful teachers at a variety of Boulder schools over the years -- but never before has one of my children BEGGED me to hurry up each morning so that he can get to school. Without exception all of the BCD teachers and staff we have encountered have been warm, attentive, and genuinely vested in my son's growth and development, both academically and socially. They really go the extra mile and it shows! We have seen him change from a crying toddler to a mature four year old who loves to learn, listens to rules, and plays respectfully with friends. This is a truly wonderful preschool program.

I recently removed my child from Boulder Country Day due to bullying. We expected more for our investment.

BCD has been transformative for our middle school student. Coming out of public elementary, we knew we wanted a smaller environment for his middle school years where he would learn to better self advocate and hone his study skills. His and our experience has been excellent and we believe he is truly thriving at this school.

We have two kids at BCD, one in 8th grade and one in 5th. We couldn't be happier with the education and community of BCD. I have no doubt our 8th grader will be more than prepared for high school. He does have homework every night, but can manage this and have a full schedule of sports. His time management and organizational skills will be useful next year in high school and beyond. The teachers in both the middle school and elementary school are second to none. This is a school where my children are thriving and absolutely love it. They do not want to consider any other schools through 8th grade and trust me we have always given them the option. They are happy, well rounded and love learning. I credit BCD, the administration and especially the teachers.

We just joined BCD this Fall and have two children in Middle School. Our children were previously at a private, IB, international school in France and they are extremely impressed with the academic level of their peers at BCD (they commented that "everyone there seems so smart and interested in learning"). This was a big transition for our children, who have never lived in the U.S., and the private attention and support that we have received from the school is incredible. We already feel that it is a wonderful, caring, engaging place for our children to be and we couldn't be happier with our choice! The community aspect of it is fabulous with my son reading to children in the lower school on Fridays (which he loves) and they have established school families that cut across grades allowing everyone to get to know each other. I would recommend BCD very highly.

I am a middle school parent and my child has had an incredible experience at BCD. The quality of the teachers is outstanding, they care about my child, and they have gone the extra mile on several occasions to ensure my child's success. BCD's motto is respect yourself, respect others, and take responsisbility for your actions, and the school teaches these values with intent. Academically, my child is getting a first-rate education. Math and science are particularly strong at BCD as are the humanities. Middle school students take two languages (French or Spanish and Latin), and the exploratory program (think electives) offers middle school students choice in lots of different disciplines. My child has also enjoyed and benefitted from the 1:1 program. All students have a tablet and they can access their work from any wifi signal. Most important to me is the BCD community. It is welcoming, supportive, generous, and incredibly fun. It is not a chore to get involved, and the people I've met here are much more diverse than I thought they would be. If you are looking for a great middle school experience for your child, I could not recommend BCD more highly.

Incredible school. As with many other parents, can't really think of any better situation for our elementary school child. She was average (or below average) in math at beginning of this (her first year) at BCD. Big surprise, the whole class uses a math textbook that's one grade ahead! No problem for our child; she not only caught up but is chasing 100% scores on math homework and quizzes. Was it easy and did it happen in the 1st week? Of course not, but she has systematically, with targeted help from teachers gone from barely "at grade level" in math to one year AHEAD in math. Class sizes are awesome, with 13 children total. Before, at public school the teacher was forced to spend much of her time on fewer than 5% of the class...so the average (or above-avg.) children were not led to their potential. With BCD's small class sizes, and a caring teacher it's AMAZING how much a child can learn. Our child does her share, too, with about 2 hours of homework a night but she's very happy and excited about school. Languages are great with French, Spanish & Latin required. Even in elem. her day is more like m.s. with visits to art lab, sci. lab, music and then back to homeroom.

Last modified Boulder Country Day is a Private school that serves grades PK-8