Posted June 18, 2014
I am a middle school parent and my child has had an incredible experience at BCD. The quality of the teachers is outstanding, they care about my child, and they have gone the extra mile on several occasions to ensure my child's success. BCD's motto is respect yourself, respect others, and take responsisbility for your actions, and the school teaches these values with intent. Academically, my child is getting a first-rate education. Math and science are particularly strong at BCD as are the humanities. Middle school students take two languages (French or Spanish and Latin), and the exploratory program (think electives) offers middle school students choice in lots of different disciplines. My child has also enjoyed and benefitted from the 1:1 program. All students have a tablet and they can access their work from any wifi signal. Most important to me is the BCD community. It is welcoming, supportive, generous, and incredibly fun. It is not a chore to get involved, and the people I've met here are much more diverse than I thought they would be. If you are looking for a great middle school experience for your child, I could not recommend BCD more highly.

Posted May 12, 2014
Incredible school. As with many other parents, can't really think of any better situation for our elementary school child. She was average (or below average) in math at beginning of this (her first year) at BCD. Big surprise, the whole class uses a math textbook that's one grade ahead! No problem for our child; she not only caught up but is chasing 100% scores on math homework and quizzes. Was it easy and did it happen in the 1st week? Of course not, but she has systematically, with targeted help from teachers gone from barely "at grade level" in math to one year AHEAD in math. Class sizes are awesome, with 13 children total. Before, at public school the teacher was forced to spend much of her time on fewer than 5% of the class...so the average (or above-avg.) children were not led to their potential. With BCD's small class sizes, and a caring teacher it's AMAZING how much a child can learn. Our child does her share, too, with about 2 hours of homework a night but she's very happy and excited about school. Languages are great with French, Spanish & Latin required. Even in elem. her day is more like m.s. with visits to art lab, sci. lab, music and then back to homeroom.

Boulder Country Day 1

Posted April 20, 2014
I'm an alumni of Bcd, and my time at Bcd was absolutely awful. throughout the years it has jut gotten worse. I have many times been harassed by teachers (NEVER BY STUDENTS). Teachers have even made me cry. Every student I have ever talked to has cried at least once from the harassment of a teacher. The bcd website is false advertising. the bcd community is a disgrace to the Boulder community. The Faculty is a disgrace. The academics were good but didn't prepare me at all for the life I would have in high school. I felt like I could never be myself do to the restrictions put on style, clothing, and person laity. Teachers would never help me work through a problem. At this point I would go talk to my parents and ask them to talk to the teacher. The teachers would lie to my parents time after time. I would never ever ever in a trillion years recommend this school to anybody unless they want to have a couple of depressed, unhappy children. In fact I wish there was an option to give this school 0 stars.

Posted March 14, 2014
My son in in first grade at BCD. He has attended BCD since preschool and my husband and I can honestly say that his (and our) experience has been consistently outstanding. Our son has struggled with learning to read and he has consistently received support, time, energy, and care from his teachers. He started off this year at one of the lowest reading levels in his class. However, the individualized support of his teacher and the entire BCD team has helped him move to exactly where he should be. This is amazing! What warms my heart the most though, is that he does not know that he struggles. His teacher supports all of the students in his class and tailors instruction to meet each child s learning style and needs. We could not be happier with our experience. BCD teachers are amazing!

Posted March 12, 2014
I just returned from my daughter's elementary school teacher conferences. I chose BCD for their small classes, strong academics, and value of community and character. Her lead teacher is amazing! This teacher has the ability to push all levels in her classroom. It is so nice that my daughter does not have to leave the classroom to be enriched; she gets challenging work at her level right there with her peers. The BCD community makes all types of learners feel good about where they are at. No matter what level they are on, they are all valued and celebrated. The other thing they teach is self-awareness of how your actions affect others. This is no easy task in elementary school, and I was impressed when I saw my daughter's self-evaluation on her study skills and interpersonal skills. It showed me she really was developing an awarness about her own strengths and areas that still need some work. I look forward to seeing her continued growth.

Posted March 12, 2014
As a parent, I'm confused by the bad review. It has not been our family's experience. We have two students at BCD, one elementary school student and one middle school student. Our students have needed help on both ends of the spectrum this year. One is extremely bright and has been challenged at an appropriate level in the classroom, like the previous reviewer. The other has needed extra help in math. Her math teacher has provided unparelled help to support our daughter. The teacher sent us the sylabus each month with links to websites that would help our daughter prep for the topic before hand, or to use as extra help at home. She also invited our daughter to come in before school and during lunch to go over any questions she might have. We have seen our daughter's math grade go from a C in the first trimester to an A- this trimester. But best of all, our daughter no longer says she "can't do math." As for class size, our elementary schooler has 13 in her class with one lead teacher and a student teacher. Our middle schooler has only one class with 19 students and the rest are under 15. Our daughters have thrived at this school.

Posted March 12, 2014
I'm a student, and I just moved here. Nobody at this said, "Hey, look at the new kid" They were very welcoming; the frist day somebody asked me to play with them. Now, I have some great friends; it's the best school I have ever been to. GO BULLDOGS! -from a current student

Boulder Country Day 1

Posted February 19, 2014
We've known BCD for awhile now and it's not the same school it used to be. This school has become a disappointment. The marketing message is inconsistent with how they treat their students and the quality of teaching. Don't be fooled by talk of small classes and supposed caring of each individual student. Its marketing hype and the follow through is shallow. The teachers are quite busy, often unavailable to help, and don't really seem to care. I hear a lot of talk and see very little action in terms of giving individual attention, as marketed. In fact, many teachers seem stressed and unhappy with their jobs. Perhaps it's related to changes and turnover. It's definitely not worth the cost of tuition right now. You won't find a group of engaged children. They're mostly compliant, but that's about it. It's too bad, for $15k a year, it's disappointing that the quality doesn't match the price tag. Their marketing and branding is good, just don't have high expectations for you child's education with current staff.

Posted November 03, 2013
Evolves and adapts each year. I love this school. Just when I think it's perfect, it gets better. The emphasis on character and education distinguishes BCD from other area schools. If you want your child to have a rigorous educational experience, while demanding the best from them as people, send them to BCD.

Posted September 03, 2013
I am a student at Boulder Country Day and I love the school! All the teachers are highly qualified in their fields and are always there for you if you need help or just some care and support. It is an amazing place to get a great education, make life-long friends and become part of a community that will never fail to help you. I have been to both public, and private schools and would recommend this school over any other . The small classes and individualized learning approach make it possible for for anyone to reach their full potential.

Boulder Country Day
4820 Nautilus Court North, Boulder, CO  80301
Last modified Boulder Country Day is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Boulder Country Day Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews.