PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 22, 2016
Ms. Janet Hawkes is an amazing teacher and a true leader. She not only taught our son the ABC, numbers and other subjects but most importantly encouraged and supported him with a lot of love and patience.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2016
The school motto is: respect yourself, respect others, take responsibility for you actions. It is instilled in the children and they learn what it means in every day life.

Posted June 22, 2016
Our youngest son was in preK this year and made such amazing progress in such a short time. The enriching and supportive atmosphere in the school allowed him to build confidence, take responsibility and learn so many skills that we were sorry we didn't know about this school when our older son was younger. This is by far the best school we've ever seen.

Posted June 19, 2016
Our son completed two years at the BCD Preschool and our daughter was in their 2.5 year old program and will be enrolling in their preschool program this fall. Prior to attending BCD preschool our son was in preschool in Boston. We were looking for a great school that offered a literacy-based curriculum while also providing a creative and supportive environment. When we toured BCD we knew it was going to be a great fit - their facility is first-class, including the playground. The classrooms are bright and roomy and give the children so many stations and places to play. They incorporate science, art, music and play into each day. Our son often asks to stay later at the great after-care program they offer for parents who want the day to extend until 5:45. We highly recommend the BCD preschool.

Posted June 18, 2016
My two boys have recently gone through preschool and pre-k at BCD. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The head of preschool, Kath Courter, has such a wealth of knowledge and experience, and I very much appreciated her advice as an educator and a fellow mother. The teachers knew my boys so well and were always willing to adapt the classroom and use tools to fit their different learning styles. For me, I think the program struck a good balance of letting the kids be free to follow their interests and just have fun while also preparing them for a kindergarten curriculum.

Posted September 09, 2015
I have a son who is enrolled for the second year in BCD's preschool program. My family has encountered many wonderful teachers at a variety of Boulder schools over the years -- but never before has one of my children BEGGED me to hurry up each morning so that he can get to school. Without exception all of the BCD teachers and staff we have encountered have been warm, attentive, and genuinely vested in my son's growth and development, both academically and socially. They really go the extra mile and it shows! We have seen him change from a crying toddler to a mature four year old who loves to learn, listens to rules, and plays respectfully with friends. This is a truly wonderful preschool program.

Boulder Country Day 3

Posted July 23, 2015
I recently removed my child from Boulder Country Day due to bullying. We expected more for our investment.

Posted December 11, 2014
BCD has been transformative for our middle school student. Coming out of public elementary, we knew we wanted a smaller environment for his middle school years where he would learn to better self advocate and hone his study skills. His and our experience has been excellent and we believe he is truly thriving at this school.

Posted October 19, 2014
We have two kids at BCD, one in 8th grade and one in 5th. We couldn't be happier with the education and community of BCD. I have no doubt our 8th grader will be more than prepared for high school. He does have homework every night, but can manage this and have a full schedule of sports. His time management and organizational skills will be useful next year in high school and beyond. The teachers in both the middle school and elementary school are second to none. This is a school where my children are thriving and absolutely love it. They do not want to consider any other schools through 8th grade and trust me we have always given them the option. They are happy, well rounded and love learning. I credit BCD, the administration and especially the teachers.

Posted September 24, 2014
We just joined BCD this Fall and have two children in Middle School. Our children were previously at a private, IB, international school in France and they are extremely impressed with the academic level of their peers at BCD (they commented that "everyone there seems so smart and interested in learning"). This was a big transition for our children, who have never lived in the U.S., and the private attention and support that we have received from the school is incredible. We already feel that it is a wonderful, caring, engaging place for our children to be and we couldn't be happier with our choice! The community aspect of it is fabulous with my son reading to children in the lower school on Fridays (which he loves) and they have established school families that cut across grades allowing everyone to get to know each other. I would recommend BCD very highly.

4820 Nautilus Court North, Boulder, CO  80301