Boulder, CO

Posted December 19, 2014
My two kids love to go to school, and I appreciate the teachers dedication. They know each child so well and work to assure they are challenged.

Posted December 18, 2014
We have loved Community Montessori. Both of my children attend there- and both have very different learning styles and aptitudes- while the road to learning hasn't always been easy....CM's community of administrators, teachers and parents have pulled together to make CM an outstanding experience. If you're looking for a creative team, a philosophy that works- and a caring community- I highly recommend Community Montessori.

Posted December 18, 2014
Absolutely wonderful, dedicated teachers. I have a 1st and 3rd grader at this school. Teachers have a calm, assertive approach to allowing our children to thrive. After attending a lecture (by a neurologist) on the Montessori method of learning (and consequently devouring written material on said) I am convinced that this is a superior education system. The teachers at Community Montessori correctly apply this method. This school is in the BVSD, as well!

Posted May 29, 2014
The dedication of the teachers and especially the principal have been so evident throughout our first year here. We are very grateful to have a public Montessori education for our child. The word "Community" is also greatly evident amongst the parents and children. Our child has received incredible support from peers in the primary, lower, and upper classrooms both in school and during after-school activities. It's a joy to send our child here and to watch the learning and growing that unfolds with the Montessori method.

Posted April 25, 2014
My children have been attending CM for the last seven years. I feel fortunate that they get to grow up in a school that not only challenges them academically, but also encourages the development of traits such as caring, consideration and self responsibility. In my experience across the classrooms, there is a great sense of community in which no one is left on the fringe. While the Montessori method is much more than the materials provided, I have found each of the classrooms to be very well stocked full of learning materials that allow for independent exploration and self paced mastery. These materials look much different from the preschool to the upper elementary classrooms, as the children move from concrete to abstract learning. I believe this is a great school for any learner, and we are lucky to have such a school in our family of public schools.

Community Montessori School 3

Posted April 14, 2014
I love the school and Iove the idea of public Montessori, but I also understand the frustration of some parents below. Some reviewers agree with that there is much at school that is not Montessori . I also believe as one parent below that CM is too political and parents are discouraged from asking questions about the curriculum. That needs to change and parents need to be asked and heard about curriculum matters too.

Posted April 13, 2014
The teachers work hard to manage the challenge of Montessori in the public sector. The thing that gets in the way is current legislation and testing. I am sure that the angry parent below cannot know all 4 primary teachers well enough to make such a claim as s/he has.

Community Montessori School 4

Posted April 11, 2014
Wow, angry parents in the previous reviews. I am not sure where the anger is coming from and why the parent feels the primary and elementary teachers do not "agree with Montessori guidelines." Based on attending PTA meetings? That is laughable! Wonderful school, wonderful experienced Montessori teachers working in a public school environment to bring Montessori education to a wider population. We love this school dearly.

Posted April 11, 2014
My children (K and 3rd) are challenged academically, absolutely love their classrooms, adore their Montessori-trained teachers, and therefore are truly becoming lifelong learners. Couldn't ask for more.

Community Montessori School 2

Posted February 11, 2014
So much for the whole "anti-bullying" that the district tries to pretend they have when the ones who bully and ostracize your child are the principal and teacher. Makes me sick still to think about. I switched schools for my child a year ago and it has been the best thing. She has grown a lot academically and has made some good friends at her school. Her teachers now are great. If you are looking for a Montessori education for your child, unfortunately you have to pay the big bucks to put them in an actual Montessori school because Community Montessori lacks in many ways.

Community Montessori School
805 Gillaspie Dr, Boulder, CO  80305
Last modified Community Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Community Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top