Bad
Good

Posted December 31, 2015
The level of Montessori instruction varies widely by teacher. You can have anywhere from a magical experience to a downright horrible and traumatizing one. We started off toward the magical and ended with the traumatizing. Like the other commenter mentioned, if your child is outside the norm, and depending on their teacher, you may end up thinking your child is the worst human on the planet. Even though it was clear there was a more appropriate fit teacher-wise, they refused to move our child.

Posted April 26, 2015
We love Community Montessori for its dedicated staff, its diverse student body, and of course its implementation of the Montessori philosophy in the public realm. My child has special needs and his needs are being met thanks to the flexible thinking and openness of the staff and administration.

Posted April 18, 2015
My son attended this school for almost two years. My son is Talented and Gifted. During this two year time period, he was treated like there was something wrong with him for being different. He was treated like a caged, cornered animal-and when he reacted to his treatment-he was demonized. This is a horrible school. It is not a true Montessori either. If your child is different in any way-especially a boy. they hate boys-it is toxic waste. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD! The principal is ineffectual, and the angry staff has the run of the school. My son, who is Gifted and Talented and loves to learn, now is skeptical of academic environments. His attitude toward school will forever be tainted by the disgusting behavior of this principal and its staff. I am speaking for other parents, as well, that have had the same experience.

Posted January 25, 2015
My child attended this school for a short time and it wasn't a good experience. The principal would not work with me to have my child transferred to another class and another teacher pulled my child's hair. I love the idea of a public Montessori but one must remember that it's still a public school and still has to teach to the test.

Posted December 19, 2014
My two kids love to go to school, and I appreciate the teachers dedication. They know each child so well and work to assure they are challenged.

Posted December 18, 2014
We have loved Community Montessori. Both of my children attend there- and both have very different learning styles and aptitudes- while the road to learning hasn't always been easy....CM's community of administrators, teachers and parents have pulled together to make CM an outstanding experience. If you're looking for a creative team, a philosophy that works- and a caring community- I highly recommend Community Montessori.

Posted December 18, 2014
Absolutely wonderful, dedicated teachers. I have a 1st and 3rd grader at this school. Teachers have a calm, assertive approach to allowing our children to thrive. After attending a lecture (by a neurologist) on the Montessori method of learning (and consequently devouring written material on said) I am convinced that this is a superior education system. The teachers at Community Montessori correctly apply this method. This school is in the BVSD, as well!

Posted May 29, 2014
The dedication of the teachers and especially the principal have been so evident throughout our first year here. We are very grateful to have a public Montessori education for our child. The word "Community" is also greatly evident amongst the parents and children. Our child has received incredible support from peers in the primary, lower, and upper classrooms both in school and during after-school activities. It's a joy to send our child here and to watch the learning and growing that unfolds with the Montessori method.

Posted April 25, 2014
My children have been attending CM for the last seven years. I feel fortunate that they get to grow up in a school that not only challenges them academically, but also encourages the development of traits such as caring, consideration and self responsibility. In my experience across the classrooms, there is a great sense of community in which no one is left on the fringe. While the Montessori method is much more than the materials provided, I have found each of the classrooms to be very well stocked full of learning materials that allow for independent exploration and self paced mastery. These materials look much different from the preschool to the upper elementary classrooms, as the children move from concrete to abstract learning. I believe this is a great school for any learner, and we are lucky to have such a school in our family of public schools.

Community Montessori School 3

Posted April 14, 2014
I love the school and Iove the idea of public Montessori, but I also understand the frustration of some parents below. Some reviewers agree with that there is much at school that is not Montessori . I also believe as one parent below that CM is too political and parents are discouraged from asking questions about the curriculum. That needs to change and parents need to be asked and heard about curriculum matters too.

Community Montessori School
805 Gillaspie Dr, Boulder, CO  80305
Last modified Community Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.