Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted December 28, 2015
I thank her for telling me about this school so we can try to work together with ideas to improve it.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 28, 2015
My friend tells me that the teachers are nice toward the good students and offer good support. That sounds good enough.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 28, 2015
I believe they can give the students less homework (on average I get AT MOST 3 hours. Usually, it is 80-90min. of hw for me. I know, Princeton is different). This way, the students can actually set time for study rather than trying to hastily complete the nightly boatload of busywork they get. In the long run, it actually can do more good. I know that less homework can also help students go to bed earlier and get more rest. This way, they can be more alert and process info quicker. See? It's like a circle...

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 28, 2015
I heard there is competitions, so it develop determination. I also think they should focus on character education more.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted December 28, 2015
Again, to me, it seems to not really develop respect. There are still bullies, and they CLEARLY did not learn about disrespect. I believe this school should have stricter punishment system.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted December 28, 2015
Like I said, I have a friend that go to this school (I live in New Jersey, so I might have different view point). She tells me that this school has some degree of anti bullying program, however, no one really learns from it, as there is bullies in the school, including the student council (which is SO ironic because at my school in Princeton, the teachers meticulously choose students for the student council- ones who have above 90% in their grades and who have not been entered into the offender database). So, I can conclude no, this school does not develop empathy.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 28, 2015
According to my friend that go to this school, she say that this school have very poor character education. In fact, she told me they don't really care much about develop character! From this, I can conclude that this school needs a character education program.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 11, 2015
They give us like 5 hours of homework. I think they could do better if they give us homework that wouldn't pressure or overwhelm us.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted June 11, 2015
Our school gives us competitions that make a few students have perseverance and try harder. Since everyone is different, the usual kids wouldn't have much of persistence.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 11, 2015
Simply people don't respect other people. 1.A popular person stuck gum in my backpack (Excuse me? plus no gum in school!) 2. The kids older than other kids will slam against them and say," Get out of my way, pixies!" ( That can create a concussion.... in fact like me) Luckily my teacher saw that!

4655 Hanover Ave, Boulder, CO  80305
Last modified Summit Middle Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.