Posted May 30, 2014
Hillside school, is truly exceptional with leadership and teaching experts you can trust. After a terrible experience with BVSD, my child came in with anxiety, mistrust, and traumatized by horrible classroom experiences. Now he truly loves school, and asked why he couldn't of had the opportunity to attend sooner. Our kid is succeeding and is learning. I am just grateful Hillside exists in Boulder County.

Posted November 09, 2011
HILLSIDE WORKS! I have to post this update. Over the past 10 years, I have sent 3 of my children to Hillside. The director, Kathy Sherman is incredibly talented She has developed and refined a program that works! HS focuses on an individual childs strengths. They bolster the kids ability to learn which has a direct positive effect on their self esteem and lives. Public schools teach to weakness by remedial learning thus creating a trap for students who learn differently. Several years later, the effects of HS are profound. My oldest is in college pursuing a BS degree in nutrition. One has made the honor roll at his new school for 2 years running. He wants to study Physics and is looking at MIT, Harvard or Stanford. WOW, my wildest dream! The third is also doing well in middle school. He is also interested in science and will be entering the science fair with an aerospace project. After many years, I now see that these kids are very intelligent but process information in a manner different than the norm. They can see outside the box in ways most cannot. I believe this is an asset to their future, a difference not a disability.

Posted August 15, 2007
Theis school is exceptional. We have finally found a school that teaches in the way my son learns. He grades have improved in one year more than we thought possible. As a result he has gained confidence in so many ways beyond academics. I encourage anyone who has a child with dyslexia to look at this alternative. You will be rewarded beyond your dreams!

Posted May 30, 2007
Hillside has had a tremendous impact on my son's education. He is in ninth grade. Classes have 4 students to one teacher and focus on reading writing and math. The program is expertly organized to benefit each students needs. He improved 3 grade levels in reading in one year. His self esteem went from the lowest of low to the sky! His grades in all other classes have also climbed from D's to A's and B's! He now has confidence in himself and wants to go to college! He actually does homework by himself with little struggle! We couldn't be happier!

Hillside School
6717 South Boulder Road, Boulder, CO  80303
Last modified Hillside School is a Private school that serves grades 1-9
Hillside School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.