Boulder, CO
After care: No

Posted May 13, 2015
Hillside is an exceptional school. My child also had terrible experiences in BVSD who actually knowingly gave him an intervention for a year that is known not to work for dyslexic children. Hillside uses Orton- Gillingham, a scientifically developed, research proven, multisensory, systematic, explicit approach that produces progress and success. My child is thriving at Hillside. Kathy Sherman is a truly talented administrator, whose life passion has been to support children with learning differences. Hillside is as amazing as BVSD is dire. The contrast in expertise, teaching and success are polar opposites. Families are moving from out of state for their children to attend. We are fortunate to have Hillside in our community.

Posted November 09, 2011
HILLSIDE WORKS! I have to post this update. Over the past 10 years, I have sent 3 of my children to Hillside. The director, Kathy Sherman is incredibly talented She has developed and refined a program that works! HS focuses on an individual childs strengths. They bolster the kids ability to learn which has a direct positive effect on their self esteem and lives. Public schools teach to weakness by remedial learning thus creating a trap for students who learn differently. Several years later, the effects of HS are profound. My oldest is in college pursuing a BS degree in nutrition. One has made the honor roll at his new school for 2 years running. He wants to study Physics and is looking at MIT, Harvard or Stanford. WOW, my wildest dream! The third is also doing well in middle school. He is also interested in science and will be entering the science fair with an aerospace project. After many years, I now see that these kids are very intelligent but process information in a manner different than the norm. They can see outside the box in ways most cannot. I believe this is an asset to their future, a difference not a disability.

Posted August 15, 2007
Theis school is exceptional. We have finally found a school that teaches in the way my son learns. He grades have improved in one year more than we thought possible. As a result he has gained confidence in so many ways beyond academics. I encourage anyone who has a child with dyslexia to look at this alternative. You will be rewarded beyond your dreams!

Posted May 30, 2007
Hillside has had a tremendous impact on my son's education. He is in ninth grade. Classes have 4 students to one teacher and focus on reading writing and math. The program is expertly organized to benefit each students needs. He improved 3 grade levels in reading in one year. His self esteem went from the lowest of low to the sky! His grades in all other classes have also climbed from D's to A's and B's! He now has confidence in himself and wants to go to college! He actually does homework by himself with little struggle! We couldn't be happier!

Hillside School