PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

My two kids have attended Jarrow for the past three years, and have experienced toddler through lower elementary. I can't say enough great things. The teachers are outstanding, the community is warm and loving (and there is a strong parent community as well), and the Montessori curriculum is excellent. My kids are both thriving and love going to school each day, and I love that there is an emphasis on the whole child my kids have learned a lot about grace and courtesy, and haven't had to deal with difficult cliques, in addition to having an outstanding academic education. I love Montessori's emphasis on self-directed learning and fostering a love of learning, which is very evident at Jarrow.

Wonderful school, our kids have attended since they were toddlers. The teachers, head of school and the entire community are all great.

My son only attended Jarrow for two years. It is a beautiful campus and encourages parental involvement. They work hard at building community. Although he had enjoyed traditional Montessori for three years prior to Jarrow, Jarrow was simply not a good fit. Some of the issues we ran into related to poor teachers that are unaware of bullying between the older and younger students in a mixed age classroom. In our case, bullying resulted in our child not fully participating in the classroom. Along those same lines, Montessori is based on "following the child" but in cases where a child is being emotionally abused, there is little effort put into supporting that child or even trying to minimize the bullying itself. I found individual support for each child lacking and was surprised by the number of discipline issues that the school deemed acceptable. I wouldn't say that building emotional intelligence is part of their curriculum, but it certainly should be- both for teachers and students. It's not as pretty and shiny as it appears.

Our son has only been enrolled for two months now, but our whole family loves Jarrow. With a special needs child (epilepsy, dietary) the entire school has been highly supportive and exceptionally accommodating. The Montessori method along with awesome teachers has already fostered phenomenal growth in our child. In addition, a culture of parent education (hosting contemplative parenting workshops) and community (parent hikes, yoga through JPA, and socials) has been beneficial as well.

We love this school! It supports our whole family. Jarrow places great emphasis on education, literacy, math and geography. My children are exposed to an amazing depth of material, and life lessons. The teachers are amazing! This school provides a peaceful space for children, encourages them to explore their world and be themselves. What a gift to our community!

My two children attened Jarrow through 6th grade. It was a good fit for both of their learning styles. One of my children was a very bright student who was appropriately chalenged and supported. My other child had difficulties and he was supported as well. I like that my children loved school got great skills and are now both successful in their new education settings.

Jarrow has a beautiful campus, inviting environment, and great teachers. Parents are very involved in the school. Children are encouraged to explore their own interests.

I have three kids at Jarrow at the same time and couldn't be happier. My kids love to go to school every day and I can't get over how much they are learning. The math, the literacy, the knowledge of geography, and most importantly the LOVE of learning they come home with is truly amazing. I have had every primary teacher at Jarrow and have been truly impressed with the quality and consistency of their curriculum, approach and love and care for the children. The montessori methods are wonderful. My children have learned so much about self-reliance and independence that we have instituted Montessori methods at home, which has been a boon to the peace and happiness at home as well. Thank you Jarrow!

My 22 year old son went to jarrow for 6 years and it was the best investment i could have made in his education. He is currently completing a 4 year college degree that he designed through Prescott University. He is pursuing an area he is passionate about and not a job. He traveled a year after high school and i did not pay a dime. He lives in Boulder now but independent of me. The equivalent in today's tuition of $72,000 i spent on him from K to 5th vs. the $14,000 i have given him for college says it all if you like $ info. For me, the pay off is an independent self-sufficient life long learner. His ability to self-direct his education is something my public and parochial school education would never have prepared me for these opportunities or joys.

Jarrow is by far the best Montessori school in Boulder and possibly Colorado. The combination of teachers, staff, heritage and campus make it a truly magical place...full of life and learning!

Last modified Jarrow Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6