Branson School Online

Public | K-12 | 427 students

Posted June 11, 2014

My children have been with Branson for over 10 years now. We've had nothing but great teachers who have been wonderful in their teaching. When one of my children started having difficulty it was picked up on by two teachers and relayed back to his homeroom teacher who immediately set up a meeting with all teachers, my son and myself to get him on the right track. We have only had two teachers (out of 24 we've had) that were not great teachers. My 6th grader did very well with the two teachers she had and my 9th and 12th graders had excellent support from teachers and counselors. Online schooling isn't for everyone and those who enroll their kids should look closely at it and not go in blindly.

Posted April 3, 2014

Branson is a wonderful school which is unlike any other online program out there. Branson's teachers create their own curriculum that is aligned with state standards. Students receive individualized attention and instruction and teachers are invested in making the experience positive for each child. It is also a great place to work and allows teachers to balance their family and personal lives with work.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 26, 2014

(What I thought I was getting? The flexibility of homeschool with the benefit of a strong curriculum.) What I got? Much less flexibility than homeschool with poor, pieced-together curricula. (What I thought I was getting? The support of excellent teachers.) What I got? One excellent teacher who knew her subjects and helped her students, and mostly awful teachers who knew less than their students and refused to be swayed by truth. (What I thought I was getting? A creative alternative to a bricks-and-mortar school.) What I got? A brick wall. (What they tell you is that just about everybody there loves it.) What they don t tell you is that there are a LOT of people who leave because they don t like it. There s a reason (um, actually many, many reasons) their rating is so low.

Posted March 5, 2014

Well, they certainly do not spend much money on curriculum for middle school students. The information they get is piecemeal, taken from various sources that are often in conflict with one another. An excellent teacher can work through that, but unfortunately my daughter does not even have a good teacher. As we near the end of the school year, I find myself realizing that my child got good grades but didn't really learn much of anything.

Posted February 5, 2014

First of all, attending an online school takes away all of the distractions of a brick-and-mortar classroom. Instruction is literally face-to-face. The special education teacher comes to our home for any needed testing. Extra classes and one-on-one assistance is given in the area(s) of struggle. It has been simple to get modifications and/or accommodations to the curriculum as needed. I researched a number of online schools before choosing this one. I've heard some of the bigger online schools don't supply the extra support some kids need, but Branson does a great job!

Posted December 30, 2013

Branson School Online is a wonderful alternative to public school. We have been with them for six years and find it to be great for our family. The good: elementary has a very set structure so it is easy to follow. the teachers (with a few exceptions) are pushing your kids to succeed, The gifted and talented programs is phenomenal, and there is the opportunity for concurrent enrollment. You will find that the teachers who care, really, really care. These teacher are what makes BSO such a great school. The Bad:As you get to junior high and high school the set structure begins to fade, and not in a good way. The kids find it hard to determine what is due during the week because there is a lack of structured checklists; and the fact that every teacher is doing their own thing. Branson would be smart to have the board set up a structure that all teachers had to follow instead of allowing different rules in each class. I was told by one teacher that this was preparing them for college, but me son is taking college coarses that are much more organized. Overall I am pleased with BSO, they have great teachers (with a few exceptions), and present great opportunities for the kids.

Posted December 19, 2013

If you get a good teacher you're okay, and most of the teachers are good, but my teacher is not very smart.

Posted December 17, 2013

"My son is a 6th grader at Branson this year. He is thriving and is motivated because he gets to decide his schedule which is empowering. His is not into sports and since Branson allows him to plan his gym class, he loves trying different creative ways of exercising. He is very artistic and enjoys completing his work each day early so he can have more time learning and implementing art. When he attended the local school he would spend about 40 minutes on the bus ride one way every day. Instead of riding the bus for 180 minutes a day, he takes that time for art and other interests. The teachers are very patient, organized and they follow up each week with a phone call. This allows the parent to go over any concerns. What sets Branson apart from the public school is that a student will not fall through any cracks, meaning, if there is a missing assignment or your child is struggling, you will be notified right away. This is the key to success, catching it right away so there will be less confusion for your child, and if you need to get involved as a parent, you have the opportunity to do so. This is what I so appreciate about Branson, thank you 6th grade teachers!!!"

Posted November 21, 2013

My daughter attended Branson School Online (BSO) four years and graduated in May 2013. She is now happily attending a selective college in Texas, studying vocal music performance, and is doing very well as a freshman with all As and Bs. She recently commented in a phone call home that in comparison with many of the other incoming freshmen, she feels she was extremely well-prepared for college through her academic experiences at BSO. Her teachers, counselors and the administrative staff were exemplary in meeting her needs in preparing her for college. Part of her success she also attributes to the opportunities BSO afforded her, such as their concurrent enrollment program. She ended up graduating from high school with 45 credit hours from a community college and the majority of those credits were accepted by her school. She, as well as we parents, received personal attention and all problems that arose were resolved quickly and expediently. Without reservation, she and I recommend BSO as a superb alternative to bricks-and-mortar school for the mature, diligent and ambitious student.

Posted November 19, 2013

I had a positive experience at this school. I am a graduate from this school (2004) and I appreciated the expanded opportunities I was able to engage in without sacrificing my education. Attending BSO encouraged me to develop independent study habits that have served me through college and career. I found value in taking ownership of my education and time. In response to the post on 11/15/13 - wow, it sounds like your family has had a frustrating year. I am a parent now with one school age child and I would heavily advise you to communicate clearly your concerns to the school's administration. You will very likely find that they are willing to work to address your concerns. In my experience, attending an online school requires a strong partnership between the school's staff and the families in order to provide a thorough and positive educational experience for the students. Communication and exploration of potential solutions to perceived issues is key. For your children's sake, please escalate your concerns to the administration and help them gain the insight they need to make your family's experience as positive as many other students', including my own. Best of luck!

Posted June 23, 2013

We have successfully had our children enrolled in Branson School Online since 2009. I could not be happier with the organization, instruction, education and educators. Our first child started as a kindergartner and two years later our second child began his kindergarten year. If you are looking for a non-traditional school opportunity, I would highly encourage you to consider Branson School Online. Parents do need to be involved and be willing to work towards your child(rens) success, but the resources and support needed for ultimate success are provided.

Posted May 31, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Branson School Online (BSO.) My son went to a highly rated public school, and by 1st grade was having severe behavior problems that weren't getting effectively dealt with. We made the decision to switch to BSO. The 1st day at BSO, my son's teacher gave him an assessment test and adjusted his curriculum appropriately. When he misbehaved and had problems in class, the teacher, counselor, principal and I all had a meeting within 24 hours of the incident to set up a plan for success. Fast forward 1.5 years later (he just finished 2nd grade) and my son is excelling in all subjects. He meets weekly with his teacher and the school counselor. His test scores are significantly higher than that of the average 2nd grader. All of this and more is because BSO has dedicated, highly educated/trained, and extremely caring teachers/staff. Everyone at BSO works to form a personal relationship with students' families, and the teachers' are tireless in their efforts to ensure each child succeeds. If you are an involved parent who wants the best possible education for your children, then you will be highly satisfied with BSO.

Posted May 28, 2013

We just finished our sixth year with BSO and we love it! I feel like it gives us the best of both worlds. The kids are able to school at home with me, yet the curriculum keeps us on track and we have the support of some really amazing teachers. We plan to continue for many years to come!

Posted May 24, 2013

My school is awesome. You work at you own pace which allows you to do other life things. Like spending time with your family, going to doctor appointments and work if need be. The teachers are amazingly smart and dedicated to all of their students.

Posted May 23, 2013

We had a very positive experience at Branson School. Our grandson came to live with us and was struggling with school. With the patient guidance and support of provided by the teachers and staff of the school he excelled. It was a year that really challenged him and encouraged him to use his talents. I would highly recommend Branson to families who want a good solid education for their children in an environment that is supportive and encouraging to both the student and the parents.

Posted May 23, 2013

My child just finished his/her first year at BOS. We have been to so many different schools I was just happy to get my kid enrolled in any school. Well- from registration to the final tests this week, this school exceeded my expectations by miles. The teachers make the difference. They are THE most dedicated individuals I have ever met in any school. My child was not allowed to fail or give up. "that's a first" in all our school experiences. Our local brick and mortar schools are all award winning schools, they don't come close to matching Branson. Branson's curriculum is excellent. The expectations for your child are much higher than we ever anticipated. It's very tough but well worth it. I don't want to forget the office staff, technology and the counselors. All unsung hero's that keep the school running so efficiently. THANKS TO EVERYONE!

Posted May 23, 2013

i loved Branson started as a junior and in that one year graduated a year early with taking a couple summer classes that i didn't like in normal school i loved in branson and they offer a lot of really good and different classes.

Posted May 23, 2013

Branson School Online is really a wonderful well rounded program. My two sons have been in Branson for 2 1/2 years and they have both achieved so much due t the great teachers and support staff. This school has given us the opportunity to not only provide our sons with an education but also to spend quality time as a family. We have tried other online schools and Branson is the only one that has made educating my sons priority through smaller class sizes and personal interaction, as well as keeping me as the parent and learning support informed and involved.

Posted May 23, 2013

The teachers care a lot, the content is wonderful. I'm floored that the school only has a six out of ten when all the reviews give it five stars. There are always fieldtrips, and they try to spread it out all over the state so that everyone can get involved. The teachers do so much work and put in so much effort for every student. For kids who are fiercely independent and don't like brick and mortar schools, this is a great alternative. But at the same time the school finds ways to bring parents into the picture. Calls every week to check up and say something positive. As long as your child can motivate themselves even a little they will prosper immensely at this school. My daughter and I both have had a wonderful experience at this school.

Posted May 23, 2013

I like this school because I learn better at home with my mom. -A Branson Online Student

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 39% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 55% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 34% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 51% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 49% in 2013.

All Students75%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 16%N/A41%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

101 Saddle Rock Dr