Horizon High School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
I graduated in 2000 from horizon high. At the time I wasn't crazy about it, because I moved from a small school in the mountains (Platte Canyon High) and horizon was a bit of a culture shock. In hindsight, it was one of the best experiences of my life, and one that I will cherish. I went here for my final 2 years of high school, and while I wasn't involved in sports I had a great time going to school there. One of the teachers I had is on my Facebook friends list to this day, he was such an inspiration. The quote he said changed me and I will leave you with the same quote: "I am your teacher but I am not smarter than you. I simply know more content."

Posted December 17, 2013
Worst school ever! Administration and teachers are bad and the football program is the worst! I've never seen anything like it.. Everything is brain surgery and I highly recommend choicing your child into a different school!

Posted October 31, 2013
This School Is Horrible, They Suspend You For No Reason At All. They Have Horrible Teachers, They Do No Communicate Well At All. They Just Like To Get You In Trouble. That Is What I Have To Say About HHS...

Horizon High School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
I am a senior this year at Horizon and I have attended this school all 4 years. At first the school seemed alright, but after being there for 3 going on 4 years its not that great. There are a few fantastic teachers that I loved, but the majority of the teachers don't really teach and just share their opinions on the world. So its hard to learn anything when the teachers are just telling you what they think of the military (I've only had one teacher say something positive about the military the rest were negative) , or other things in that nature. Also if you are open about supporting the military or wanting to join your grade will suffer except for if you have that one teacher. I've learned this through personal experience. Over all I have made a lot of great friends and made lots of memories through out the years but I would not recommend this school.

Horizon High School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
It's incredible to that we have a week of hot weather out hear in the Denver area this spring and suddenly all the Adams 12 school's air conditioning units are 'broken'. So let me see if I understand this correctly, while the students are preparing for AP class testing as well as finals, the Adams 12 administrators are too cheap to turn on air conditioning so the kids can actually study and learn in class? Are you kidding me? The kids tell me the classrooms hit 85 degrees today. Where is this extra money saved going? Teachers? Admin salaries? Since I own and manage some commercial properties in the area I really doubt that both middle and high schools in the district all have the same problems at the same time and they don't have HVAC maintenance contracts. I don't know of any sizable commercial or public buildings that don't have these contracts. This is simply pathetic lying behavior from this district!

Posted September 12, 2012
I attended this school for 3 years and it was horrible. The deans where rude and acted more like police (garcia) rather than deans. Needles to say I moved high schools and graduated elsewhere. Do not sign up here it is horrible

Horizon High School 3

Posted November 01, 2011
I would have to say this school could be better if the teachers were better. Don't get me wrong I have had some of the most amazing teachers there are but I've also have had some of the worst teachers like last year my math teacher was wonderful but I think she is the only good math teacher there. I'm not always proud of my school, but in some cases I am, but usually I'm not .

Horizon High School 4

Posted June 25, 2011
School without a community of students and staff is just an empty building. If we want the school to improve, we as students and the staff need to improve. A student can walk inside a classroom with an already negative preconception of the teacher and class, or walk in with an open mind. Not all of the teachers at Horizon are unsatisfactory. Last year I had two of the most *amazing* ones. They most definitely helped me learn! Not only did they challenge me, but they also were unforgettably enthusiastic about what they taught. Certainly, certainly, there is still room for improvement; it starts with the little decisions we make on a day-to-day basis.

Posted January 12, 2010
horizon high school is a horrible school, teachers could care less anout you. i havent leanred ANYTHING in the past two years i have been attending, i learn more watching the history channel.

Horizon High School 2

Posted December 27, 2009
I am a Senior at Horizon High School and I am strongly dissapointed in my school. The Deans have always been rude and at the current moment, Horizon is going through a transistion of administration and for the most part this transition has not been an easy one, and no one has tried to help make it eaier. When it comes to our principle and her first year here at Horizon all I can say is rotten! She does not support the school like our previous principle. There are only a select few of teachers that actually care about their students and talk to them before it's too late for them in the class. I'm glad this is my last year at Horizon but I'm sad this school is going downhill.

Horizon High School
5321 East 136th Ave, Brighton, CO  80601
Last modified Horizon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.