Posted May 27, 2013
The community of Brighton pays $54 per student/year while neighboring communities like Commerce City pay well over $600 per student. BHS staff and teachers do the best they can with the resources they're given. For the previous posters who rated Bhs poorly, stop complaining and start providing the resources our students need, just like every other community in Colorado.

Posted April 17, 2012
I have attended BHS for four years and have nothing but great things to say. Most of the teachers are great, and even if a few are bad, they don't affect the overall school. No one place can say that everyone who works there is perfect, so it's funny that people expect all the teachers to be perfect. I have had every opportunity to make my high school experience what I want it to be. There really hasn't been anything that they haven't provided except free laptops--but that's ridiculous to expect!

Posted March 25, 2012
Brighton High School is a terrible High School and I would not send any kids or recommend it to anyone. Being grown and raised in Brighton, I naturally went to Brighton High School. I have moved around, but that's not why I'm here. This is my 3rd year there and the school is absolutely awful. I would fill this post up with profanity if I could. But that's not the point. The Teachers are extremely disrespectful, they act like they're upholding some extreme law. The administration is a joke for how the school is. Being 250+ or something like that, they claim there growing, but only more people are moving to Brighton. The school feels the need to take this so seriously, they need a deen of students. If that's not bad, the school always smells terrible. The teacher's teach with outdated books, and outdated teaching. The school isn't involved with any of the parents. They get constant complaints, and they are extremely bias towards students who aren't jocks. This school should be remodeled completey and needs a whole new staff. As it stands right now, do not attend BHS. I'm currently in the process of getting out of this joke of a "Highschool".

Posted May 19, 2011
Native of Brighton and a long time resident. I even graduated from BHS. I think the education at BHS school is FAR behind the other High Schools in Colorado. We moved to another city in the state and the education was challenging and the communication between the teachers and Parent's was incredible. The High school they attend was ranked in the top 20 of great schools in Colorado. We moved back to Brighton due to an illness in our family and the need to take care of them. There is also a lack of communication between the School itself and the School district. The music program was the only plus and it was even behind from the music program at the other school. If I had it to do over again, I would have remained at the other school through their High School years. The parent's in the community who have young families they are raising here need to be concerned for their children's education.

Posted March 08, 2011
My son/daughter is a student there and we have had problems with BHS since freshman year and the problem keeps reacurring this senior year. the school in my opinion does not really help those students in need of help and their is alot of miscomunication with the staff. BHS in the past we have called to set up appoinments and they didn't get back to us till 3 weeks later. this school seems to not really know whats going on with students at BHS.

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted February 03, 2009
This is the school I would recommend sending your kid to. I am a graduate of BHS and alls I can say is that it was a fun experience and I loved all the teachers there.

Posted August 23, 2008
I am curently a student at BHS. All I can say is that this school is in fact amazing. I love all my classes and definately my teachers. They find a way to make class fun as much as possible. We have one of the best athetic teams in our area and BHS wants this to continue. There are so many sports to choose from and if you're not into that, they will in fact have something extra you will enjoy. The students here are the best. I love the fact that we have so much school spirit. Homecoming football games and pep assemblies are great to go to. Everyone is involved. The teachers really strive to make sure we have fun. For parents I would recommend sending your child here. We have many honors and A.P. classes to choose from as well. I am taking both now. I love BHS!

Posted July 22, 2008

Brighton High School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
Brighton High is a great school. We're a small community, but the school provides great opportunities for its students, making sure everyone's time is spent in worthwhile ways. I have problems with the administration, but they seem to try hard, even if their attempts are often misguided. However, the people who have contact with the students are what really make BHS special. Teachers make class fun and interesting, and make every attempt to engage and encourage every student. It's a very welcoming environment where everyone from the security guards and janitors to the most established teachers are helpful and can often be seen in the halls laughing with a student. Overall, BHS is a great school that is proud of its history and community, within a community that is proud of its school.

Brighton High School
270 South 8th Avenue, Brighton, CO  80601
Last modified Brighton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brighton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top