Brighton, CO

Posted August 26, 2014
Northeast Elementary is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers. I appreciate that my son had the pleasure to be in preschool with Mrs. Cora Lou, Van Duyne and Navarro. These teachers interacted with the parents daily and my son absolutely loved going to school, that's important. It is a positive environment for the kids and has a great staff and the Principal is very involved with the students and parents on a daily basis. Recommend you try it out.

Northeast Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I have to say I was nervous about moving to Brighton mid year and seeing Northeast was the assigned school ( with the school grade ratings and test scores). That being said my child had a wonderful time there ,continued learning and growing and will be attending the school next year. The teacher was a wonderful new teacher and the principle seems dedicated to change the school for the better. They can't help the demographics and the fact that the large majority of new more middle class kids that are assigned to this school are actually going to charters. There focus is IB and the only reason that I would consider changing schools is if a STEM focused school came into Brighton.

Posted January 27, 2014
I am a teacher at Northeast Elementary and the parent of a Kindergartner. I have been a teacher in this school for ten years. I know that we have not always had the best reputation and quite honestly this is probably what we deserved. However, in the past four years, there has been an incredible change in our school. A new principal, many new staff members and a new philosophy have allowed us to grow in every possible way. One of the most exciting changes is the addition of IB, which has put a fresh and invigorating spin on the way we teach. The most beneficial part of being in a school that is growing is the passion and energy that flows around the teaching and learning. My son has learned even more than I hoped he would and he loves his school. He feels safe, happy and cherished every day. I am honored to be a part of the growth that has taken place around me and I can now say that I work in a place that I am proud to bring my child for his education.

Posted January 18, 2014
I have watched my 4th grader grow up at Northeast since he was in Kindergarten and over the last couple years, with the implementation of the IB curriculum, I have seen tremendous growth in him, the school and, in particular the staff. I am honored to have my children taught by such dedicated, energized and passionate individuals. In the past it felt like all the teachers worked individually to achieve their goals and now I see staff working as teams at each grade level, pouring their hearts and souls into teaching to achieve a common goal. What a difference the IB program has made!

Posted January 17, 2014
Our daughter is attending pre-K at Northeast this year. She loves going to school and is learning so much. I really feel like she will be prepared for kindergarten in the fall....not to mention, she can't wait! The fact that the IB program is offered to preschoolers is one of the big reasons we chose this school. As the only IB school in the Brighton 27J school district, the choice was easy. I'm looking forward to the rest of her elementary education at Northeast. It's a great school with very caring, involved teachers and staff.

Posted January 17, 2014
We have had the privilege of being at Northeast for the last 3 years. I believe being an involved parent will help our children in the long run. They love to see mommy in the halls and helping out in the classroom. Parents are always welcome. Mr. Clow is a big proponent of community and parent involvement. And in that spirit, I have been on hiring teams. We have interviewed great candidates and hired stellar teachers. How is that for parents having a voice in their students school?

Posted January 16, 2014
I drive an hour to be a staff member at this amazing school! Everyday I get to experience innovative teachers pushing kids to be critical thinkers. The teachers in our building care about each individual student's academic and social growth. I am proud to work with an amazing group of professionals that drive student learning every single day!

Posted October 29, 2013
I couldn't be more pleased to have my 2 kids attending this school. The staff is great and Mr. Clow has this school in order. The students always come home excited about their day and the BEEPS rewards keep them motivated. I truly feel that Northeast has set an academic standard that is above what I expected. The parent involvement is also great! We have a group of parents that believe in this school and are willing to help in anyway needed.

Posted October 29, 2013
School is fantastic! Community feel. Lots of parent involment great principle, great teachers great school in general.

Posted October 29, 2013
Northeast has been our school for the last 6 years. I feel it is a very warm, inviting school. The teachers are so supportive and caring. The principal is very involved and caring as well. I would not have my kids in any other school!

Northeast Elementary School
1605 Longspeak, Brighton, CO  80601
Last modified Northeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top