Bad
Good

Great School! great teachers we love Southeast

Until school administration changes you should avoid this school at all costs !!! God forbid they see bubbles which they might persecute you for !

This school is still a good school overall. However since the current principal has been there, staff moral seems to have changed. They seem to be doing what they are told for fear of having a negative evaluation. Many teachers have left since new administration took over. She seems uncomfortable talking with people and I speak more to other staff about things than the actual principal. When once this school was receiving awards (see banners in the main lobby) it has now gone without ones over the past couple years. Science is non existent and is not a high priority. Some of the newer teachers seem to have a less than positive attitude towards students, which was not the case when my children first came to this school. It's still a good school, but it seems to be heading in the wrong direction. I'll continue to watch this school closely to see if it remains the right fit for my child.

When lookiIt was the highest rated when my son started and is still highly regarded. I have noticed that most of the curriculum criticisms I have come from the state and district levels, but changes are made without parental or experienced teacher's input. There has also been a shift away from teaching students facts and information and letting opinion and rhetoric pass for the basis of much of the student's assignments. Many kids are being catered to with special needs and regular (not so problematic) students do teach themselves to a degree. In the 6 years we have been involved I have witnessed many troubling attitudes from teachers toward students. An adherence to rules seems to supercede kindness and caring at times while forgetting this is an elementary school. Teachers seem to be following protocol against better judgement for fear of reprimand or losing their jobs. Iwill be thinking very hard about alternatives for our next child if test scores and ratings continue to dall without addressing these other issues.

My sons have attended Southeast Elementary from pre-k to 5th grade. I love so many things about this school. To start with, the teachers and staff are very dedicated to ALL their students. The PTO is dedicated to providing teachers 20th century tools for the classrooms (iPads, projectors)as well as after school enrichment programs (creative writing, Khan Acad, Robotic Legos, chess, art, social studies). There is a great sense of community , as evident by the turnout and volunteerism for nearly all events at the school. The park adjacent to the school is gorgeous and is utilized often by the teachers for classroom lessons. My children feel very safe and welcomed, and that is priceless. A great school!

Both of my children went to elementary school here, after leaving another elementary school where I was told my daughter would need a 504 plan because her reading level was inadequate. Within one semester, my daughter was testing at an advanced level in reading and math. My son is in the gifted and talented program; his teachers over the last three years have consistently worked to give him challenging material as well as improve on any weaker areas. This school is not the school we are zoned for, but it is worth the effort needed to get them to and from school.

We have been at Southeast for 3+ years. I love the staff, however, I have noticed an alarming amount of catering to non-english speaking students which is directly effecting my children in the classroom. I feel as though my children are thrown to the back burner and expected to teach themselves. It is very unfortunate that the district is using a great school and degrading the academic fundamentals, the test scores and the student population.

This is a wonderful school with excellent academic programs. We could not be happier with the school and the leadership.

Exceptional staff, great programs and lots of community involvment!

Last modified Southeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.