Brighton, CO

Southeast Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
When lookiIt was the highest rated when my son started and is still highly regarded. I have noticed that most of the curriculum criticisms I have come from the state and district levels, but changes are made without parental or experienced teacher's input. There has also been a shift away from teaching students facts and information and letting opinion and rhetoric pass for the basis of much of the student's assignments. Many kids are being catered to with special needs and regular (not so problematic) students do teach themselves to a degree. In the 6 years we have been involved I have witnessed many troubling attitudes from teachers toward students. An adherence to rules seems to supercede kindness and caring at times while forgetting this is an elementary school. Teachers seem to be following protocol against better judgement for fear of reprimand or losing their jobs. Iwill be thinking very hard about alternatives for our next child if test scores and ratings continue to dall without addressing these other issues.

Posted April 26, 2014
My sons have attended Southeast Elementary from pre-k to 5th grade. I love so many things about this school. To start with, the teachers and staff are very dedicated to ALL their students. The PTO is dedicated to providing teachers 20th century tools for the classrooms (iPads, projectors)as well as after school enrichment programs (creative writing, Khan Acad, Robotic Legos, chess, art, social studies). There is a great sense of community , as evident by the turnout and volunteerism for nearly all events at the school. The park adjacent to the school is gorgeous and is utilized often by the teachers for classroom lessons. My children feel very safe and welcomed, and that is priceless. A great school!

Southeast Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Both of my children went to elementary school here, after leaving another elementary school where I was told my daughter would need a 504 plan because her reading level was inadequate. Within one semester, my daughter was testing at an advanced level in reading and math. My son is in the gifted and talented program; his teachers over the last three years have consistently worked to give him challenging material as well as improve on any weaker areas. This school is not the school we are zoned for, but it is worth the effort needed to get them to and from school.

Southeast Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2012
We have been at Southeast for 3+ years. I love the staff, however, I have noticed an alarming amount of catering to non-english speaking students which is directly effecting my children in the classroom. I feel as though my children are thrown to the back burner and expected to teach themselves. It is very unfortunate that the district is using a great school and degrading the academic fundamentals, the test scores and the student population.

Posted August 12, 2010
This is a wonderful school with excellent academic programs. We could not be happier with the school and the leadership.

Southeast Elementary School 0

Posted December 17, 2007
Exceptional staff, great programs and lots of community involvment!

Southeast Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2005

Posted June 17, 2004
- a former student
Although i am not a paerent, I once was a student at Southeast Elementary. I attended southeast from Kindergarden until fifth grade and the staff is a very kind and they know how to do their jobs. The teachers are spectacular and to prove my fact look at their CSAP scores.

Posted September 09, 2003
Southeast is a wonderful school. The staff really does a geat job with keeping the parents involved. My children love it there.

Posted August 22, 2003
I have three kids and they all have gone to Southeast. I have been an active parent at Southeast for the last 9 years. The staff is awesome and the parent involvement is everywhere at Southeast.

Southeast Elementary School
1595 Southern St, Brighton, CO  80601
Last modified Southeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southeast Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top