Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I never realized how bad Overland was until I left. The ceiling leaks when it rains, the water fountain fell off of the wall, and the lockers need to be replaced badly. On top of the buildings issues you have the teachers. I only liked about 5 teachers at Overland because other ones I didn't have and didn't really talk to me but there was one teacher in particular who used to bully every single one of us except for their favorites. I finally had enough of them in 8th grade and yelled at them telling him they were a bully which actually got them to stop messing with me. Another messed up thing about this school is that in my time there the staff found it best to punish all of us rather than the individuals who were causing problems leading to assigned seats at lunch that fixed NOTHING. However the only reason Overland gets 3 stars from me because some of the teachers actually cared about me as a person. I feel now it would be better considering that teacher I mentioned isn't there this year and some minor staff changes have been made. I really hope this school gets fixed soon because some of the teachers there are really great people and we really don't have very many schools in the district in areas that we need them in leading to over packed schools ex: Brighton High School which need to be updated for further use. -Former Overland Trail Student.

This school does nothing about bulling. Kids are just encouraged to suck it up and deal with it. This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed. I have tried several times to address this situation and get it resolved, to no avail so far. I now have to resort to driving my child to another school each day so she can get a good education and not get bullied in the process. This puts an extra burden on our family since we now need to drive our child to school each day and go in late for work because the school can't seem to resolve their bulling issues.

1 word POOR. This school can only afford tissues till december. Also the have limted soap. Former Stuudent

My daughter is succeeding in your programs. I feel that it is easy to communicate with the teachers about my child.

My son is a A, B student here at Overland. I love this school. The teachers work with the students to help them with the understanding of the work. Keep up the wonderful Job!

I love my school! The teachers are great and our principal is ever better. We are encouraged to 'get our 1% ' every day.

This school does so much for the kids- especially about encouraging them to succeed academically and pursue college. The principal is great and isn't afraid 'to get dirty' and really make things happen- I don't think I ever saw him get a minute to rest the whole time I was there! I had the privilege to observe and work with several teachers during my first semester in my Master's Plus Teaching License program and I loved it! -

Last modified Overland Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.