Bad
Good

Bromley East Charter School 2

Posted April 06, 2016
I don't know what happened to this once wonderful school. It has gone from a child-centered, comfortable place where children where valued and allowed to grow and explore at their own pace, to being a school focused upon testing the kids to the point of utter exhaustion. It seems the school has moved away from it's original mission and has now become so focused upon test scores, it's all they care about. My kids used to be excited to go to school, now they dread it. Sadly, there aren't many options for good schools in Brighton and my kids have been here so long that I can't bear to remove them from the only thing they know. I am very disappointed in how this school turned. This is not the same school my children started in. The only saving grace about this school is a couple of remaining teachers that will still advocate for the kids. Most of the best teachers have "left".

Posted August 30, 2014
Bromley East Charter School is a great school. The teachers are very attentive. The classroom sizes aren't overwhelmingly. Parents volunteering is welcomed and is always helpful. The staff is wonderful ... From Mrs. Sheldon (principal) to Rhea (front office) to Shannon (lunchroom), etc. My kids had a few problems, but was swiftly handled well. The staff has seen replacement, but to the better of the school - weeding out teachers that are not good and getting ones that want to teach and be good to these young impressionable minds.

Bromley East Charter School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
Bromley East has a high turnover rate among administration and staff. The current principal was issued her throne via backroom dealings and a messy "Coup d' tat" at a school board meeting. In the past two years the best teachers have begun fleeing the school clearly signaling that something is amiss. They have been replaced either by teachers asked to leave other schools or by 22 year old kids fresh out of student teaching. The administration is always open to meet and discuss school issues but unfortunately are not competent enough to actually fix anything. Unable to keep a basic calendar or task list they let issues stagnate until all hope is depleted. Or maybe they are just plain passive-aggressive. While Bromley maintains the facade of being better than local public schools test scores and student achievement state otherwise.

Posted April 02, 2014
Safety is aware the teachers know where there students Grades are all the time the principle ms Sheldon is amazing knows most parents and students by face and names the front end staff know names and are friendly BECS does tons of community work and help out family in need with food bank and Xmas stuff wouldn't send my kids anywhere else !! Parking can suck at times but all the staff help to keep in in line

Posted September 26, 2013
Both my children attend or have attended Bromley East since kindergarten. My oldest son just finished 8th grade their since last spring and is now in highschool. BECS prepared him very well for his high school experience. It great to have a school that allows your student to stay in one school and community for the first 9 years of school. The middle school at Bromley East is small having only about 300 students in 5th to 8th grade so students do not get overwhelmed or lost. My younger son is in the 3rd montessori program this year he is reading at a 4th or 5th grade level.

Posted August 23, 2013
Well organized and good environment school. My kids love it here and I feel confident they are learning and safe.

Posted March 06, 2013
Bromley East Charter School has been an excellent school for my GT daughter. Before we came to Bromley, she was bored in all of her classes. She struggled to make friends and was living only in her books. Now she is part of three different clubs, active in Drama performances and making great friends. Her academic scores have also continued to go up! Thank You to all of the wonderful teachers at Bromley for welcoming my daughter and helping her to blossom into a true leader!

Posted February 16, 2013
My kids have been at Bromley for 6 years now and it keeps getting better. This school had some struggles in the beginning along with changes in administration, however, the current administration is awesome! They have brought so much to the school and are improving it every year. My kids have always done fine, but under this leadership are growing so much more. My son needs to be challenged and his 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade teachers have all done amazingly with him. They send him home with more difficult work, suited to where he is at. As long as I keep good communication with the teachers and administration, they are always willing to listen and help. My son was bullied in first grade and the teacher/administration put a stop to it immediately. I love all the clubs the school offers and that there are small class sizes. I feel like under the current administration, Bromley is going to get better and better. I have already seen this administration replace teachers who were not at the level you need to bring a school up. So I trust where they are going and am excited to have my kids be a part of it.

Posted October 28, 2012
My kids have been attending B.E.C.S. for 4 years now. Both of my girls are reading 2 grades above normal as well as 2 years ahead in math. The teachers have added additional learning opportunities to keep my kids interested and challenged. The teachers are very approachable and interested in each of my children. I love the atmosphere of the school and the emphasis on leadership qualities. When I look at kids attending a regular middle school, there is a vast difference in dress and behavior. I feel like I made the right choice for my children in choosing to come to this school.

Bromley East Charter School 2

Posted March 15, 2012
This school is going through another turnover with administration and frankly, I feel the board of directors needs to bring in a new Principal. While the principal may look good on paper, she does not have the best interest of our children in mind. While I have no doubt this school has some great teachers, we received a Montessori female Kindergarten teacher that is terrible. There is no communication with parents, most of the children are not engaged in the classroom, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the children will be behind going into 1st grade. Parents beware.... There is also a lack of respect at this school across the board. This is evident in the parking lot at drop off and pick up. Parents park in no parking zones and sometimes block other cars in. What are you teaching your kids? Parents...the respect for one another starts at home and then will filters to our children. Our children follow by your example.

Bromley East Charter School
356 Longspur Drive, Brighton, CO  80601
Last modified Bromley East Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.