Public charter
Brighton, CO

Eagle Ridge Academy 2

Posted May 30, 2013
Eagle Ridge Academy isn't the school that everyone claims it is. I attended this school for a year and I've got to say it isn't bad,but not great either. Most of the kids that attend this school are extremely arrogant and have high ego's of themselves. Blatantly speaking of their personality in the most snobby way possible. Education wise,this school puts most kids in an unfair academic level. When I went to apply to this school,they claimed that my credits were insufficient to get into this school.Meanwhile,there are other kids with worse grades than myself who somehow surprisingly go into this school with no problem. They also offer some students with higher advantages in education than others. By offering college classes and these kids get off periods,while others struggle in the normal classes. If you enjoy a school with mediocre teaching that you would expect from a public school,while offering very few selective students a better advantage than others, and being around kids who are snobby and arrogant.Then this school is for you. Brighton or Prairie view offer more options than this school.

Eagle Ridge Academy 5

Posted December 15, 2012
Eagle Ridge has really given me an academic challenge. I've always been an honor student and have gotten by going through average schools (if you want to call them that) without having to do much outside of school and I still received As. I found myself always teaching myself things that my other schools couldn't. Eagle Ridge is another story though. Since they do assign daily homework, I do that, but the homeworks expand on ideas we've been introduced to in the classroom. Not only this, but since the school is small, it's really welcoming to freshmen or new students due to the fact that you can easily become friends with most if not all students here. All the teachers here aren't tied up with a lot of regulations since we're a public/charter school. The teachers here want to work and could've easily have gotten higher paying jobs elsewhere, but they're passionate about teaching and it really does show! What ultimately attracted me was the fact that one can take college courses and as a pose to having to pay to take the AP test and receiving college credit that might transfer, the courses here are worth college credit, and are guaranteed to transfer to any university in Colorado.

Eagle Ridge Academy
3551 Southern St, Brighton, CO  80601
Last modified Eagle Ridge Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top