Broomfield, CO

Posted March 18, 2012
I attended this school from 6th grade to the middle of 8th grade and I had so much fun at this school. I was very sad when I had to move. This school is great for outgoing students who like to be involved. This school has a fantastic sports program and Music (band, orchestra or choir) is just as great. The teachers are great and really care about you succeeding. The administration is very strong as well. I will say though, that this school is not for the shy introverted type. Like any school there are cliquey type groups and there is drama, but the counselors are great and your problems WILL be solved. There is a much better handle on attitude problems, bullying, and drug usage in the past two years. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone who gets along with people and makes friends easily. If you don't make an effort to get to know people, people won't make an effort to get to know you. But I promise you will have fun and learn lots, I know I did!

Broomfield Heights Middle School 1

Posted March 12, 2010
I would not suggest to anyone to send their children to this middle school. They teach to the lowest common denominator and discipline issues have increased in the past three years. Noticed some racial tension too. Not much is offered as far as extra activities for additional growth and some of the texts and methods seem outdated. There is a subculture of meanness with kids who do not want to be there and some teachers seem angry to be there because they have to deal with class disruptions. Not tough enough with bullying. Facility needs updated badly. Great counseling and office staff and a few caring teachers. Math dept is good. Look into other schools first. Send your kid there for a day to shadow someone to see if they like the school culture. It may be ok if they can get in with a good group of friends right away.

Broomfield Heights Middle School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
As a parent at BHMS I love this school. This is a school that does not have all the shiny new-school bells and whistles, yet it outshines those that do. The staff is truly amazing. The kids needing extra academic support have amazing staff involved with them on a daily basis. The staff really does their best for the kids, and I feel that they really care about the whole child (not just the CSAP score). Check it out.

Posted May 17, 2007
- a former student
I once attend BHMS earilery this year and I loved it! It was the best especailly the staff. The counselers were th best they allwasy really hepled me. Hi 7th grade students and Staff!

Broomfield Heights Middle School 4

Posted May 13, 2007
The school is amazing many fun and healthy activity are in affect. The atmosphere is good and more importantly the student love it.... well at least mine do, the only thing that should be changed is that is the student misses 3 days he or she should be excused of all homework that they missed, it simply put way to much pressure on them. Well good luck!

Posted September 11, 2006

Posted February 24, 2006
love this school. we just moved here from ohio. i did alot of research before choosing this school. i am so happy my daughter is there. everyone has been great about making her feel welcome. also love the teachers and staff. keep up the great work

Posted February 16, 2005

Posted December 28, 2004
This School is great. This is my last year at BHMS and I love the way all the teaqchers are so caring and make sure no kid is left Behind!

Broomfield Heights Middle School 0

Posted October 22, 2004
My compliments go out to Mrs. Kathleen Jones, Spanish teacher. My daughter was always struggling with school and her peers before she attended class with Mrs. Jones. Mrs. Jones connected with my daughter on a level very few can, and opened her up to appreciate things in a new light. She is now doing much better in all classes at school, has a better attiude, and perspective. Mrs. Jones was one of those 'breakthrough' teachers some experience in their young lives.

Broomfield Heights Middle School
1555 Daphne St, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Broomfield Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broomfield Heights Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top