Broomfield, CO
Students enrolled: 1,337

Broomfield High School 5

Posted March 01, 2014
Many reviews about this school are negative, but I believe many of those are written by students are bitter about their own problems. Broomfield is a school that doesn't have cliques and for the most part everyone is friends with everyone. Some of the teachers aren't the best, but there are some amazing ones as well. The photography program is incredible, one of the best in the state. There is a new photography room that is impeccable and it is the only high school in the state to have color film printing as part of one of the classes. The athletics are very good and there is a sense of school spirit at every school event. The principal, Ginger Ramsey, will let no problem go unsolved and does her best to create a comfortable environment for all students so that they can learn to the best of their abilities and also encourages every student to excel. The Special Education program is also outstanding. The special ed. students are really integrated into the school population and many times are much more popular than the general population. Broomfield has its flaws like every other high school but overall I highly recommend it.

Posted June 16, 2013
BHS focuses much more on athletics than academics. I've been constantly bullied just for not participating in sports. I'm overlooked by every teacher and most students. There are fights every day, and students are inconsiderate in the hallways and classrooms. The teachers don't listen at all when you need help or have any questions. The administration is even worse; they will blame it on you when they don't help you. I told counselors about the bullying and they all told me to basically get over it and just join a sport. There aren't many classes to choose from, especially if you need advanced or more challenging courses. Passing periods are so short and crowded that I haven't used my locker at all. I can't think of one positive thing about BHS. If you're not a varsity athlete or cheerleader, you will not fit in here.

Broomfield High School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
As a parent of a former, and a current, student at this school, I can give it a positive review. Are there not-so-good things? Yes. Are there great things? Yes. This is a large, affluent, suburban, general education high school. My experiences over six years of direct contact have met, or exceeded, my expectations. Some of the teachers are incredible. Some simply average. The teaching malcontents have left since my daughter's years (2005-2009). BHS offers a broad range of programs, lots of emphasis on ADV and AP-level courses. One quibble, not particular to BHS: There is an OVER-emphasis on college-prep at the expense of the "shop" courses. Not every kid is college material, sorry. There is also a bit of grade-inflation, as with most of suburban America, but my daughter (and her "clan" of 20+) have all had little to no difficulty at their higher ed institution of choice. Four of her friends finished their 4-yr degrees in 3 yrs, without summer terms, due to the education and experiences they had at BHS. Strong extra-curriculars in all areas, but as mentioned in some of the other reviews, BHS prides itself on its athletics. But the academics are excellent as well.

Broomfield High School 2

Posted September 01, 2012
As with all schools, there are some great teachers and some bad ones. However, my Geometry teacher in class would go over homework and then just tell us to read to examples in the textbook to learn The concepts for that night's homework. Therefore, not teaching us anything. Other than that the academics are ok, I have heard about better, but also about far worse. The real issue here though is the social atmosphere. Unless you are a varsity athlete, you seem to be overlooked by the administration and many of the students. The principals don't seem to listen to any parent complaints or student input. Overall this is an ok school, but they focus way too much on athletics over academics. I would recommend Monarch High School, Legacy High School or Peak to Peak High School over Broomfield any day as I have friends at all of them and have attended events at them as well.

Posted March 26, 2012
Graduated Salutatorian a couple years back but found the first year of college rather difficult at a top 30 institution. This school was way too focused on athletics rather than academic excellence. I regret ever going there. Parents send your kids to MONARCH. I attended a few AP classes as well as calculus 3, which wasn't offered at BHS,and I loved the school, the teachers, and the student body. The kids there were just so much smarter. I hated my experience at BHS.

Posted September 23, 2011
As a parent of a BHS student, I can say this school has no accountability. While there are some truly amazing teachers, unfortunately there are many who don't teach to State and District standards. It is a common theme amongst many parents that the BHS administration ignores parent complaints and rarely addresses any problems. This school only implements changes when forced to. They are not proactive or even close to cutting edge. Many surrounding schools are over 5 years ahead of BHS in implementing State standards, teacher accountability, teacher collaboration and have higher CSAP scores. Unfortunately, many parents don't realize this and are sucked into the marketing fluff often spoken by the principal. Change is needed in the leadership at this school!

Broomfield High School 4

Posted July 09, 2010
I attended BHS from 91-95. At that time it was an excellent school for science, math, and technology. I started at the University of Colorado's Engineering School in 95 majoring in Computer Science. The first two years at CU Engineering school were a breeze, largely due to the education I received at BHS. I did not care as much for the liberal arts classes at BHS, but maybe that is a personal preference. However, the one thing I remember from three years of German classes is that we watched The Princess Bride six times; I am just now teaching myself about American history and the US Constitution, but none of it sounds familiar; and I still have nightmares about a bitter english teacher. Most of my teachers (good and bad) have left the school since 1995, so I cannot accurately assess the quality of the school today (2010).

Broomfield High School 5

Posted May 17, 2009
I think that this school is amazing. The teachers teach well and they have excellent language arts programs.

Broomfield High School 3

Posted March 29, 2009

Broomfield High School 0

Posted March 21, 2009
The review on the school being a bad school is very incorrect. I have just started the school and have been in it for 2 months. The only reason anyone should be singled out is if they try to act popular or cool. Most people here (i belive) like each other and there are seldom any fights so far.

Broomfield High School
1 Eagle Way, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Broomfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broomfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top