Posted June 20, 2011
My daughter went to kindergarten here and had a great red headed teacher. I was very impressed with her teacher. She really enjoyed going to school and learning. She is no longer afraid of going to the next grade because she thinks all of her teachers will be like her. The staff there has been great. We had some issues with one staff memeber but it was handeled right away, effectively. We are very happy with this school and the academics. Strongly recommeded for a choice school, as it was ours.

Posted April 03, 2011
My child attended Centennial from kindergarten through 5th grade. During that time, she consistently had great teachers that effectively addressed her learning needs, both in areas in which she needed extra help as well as areas in which she excelled. Whereas the actual building may be one of the older schools in the area, lacking the bells and whistles of some surrounding schools, the teachers are fantastic, caring and highly collaborative, working hard together to educate the whole child. Classroom subject areas are effectively integrated into other areas such as art, the media center resources and technology. This is a school that cares about their kids and you can feel it as soon as you walk in the door. The halls are adorned with some of the most amazing child art work that you will ever see. I highly recommend Centennial Elementary School. At a time when all schools are being faced with more and more budget cuts, these teachers are still striving to meet the needs of each and every child.

Posted April 03, 2011
I literally chose to buy a house in the Westlake community in order for my children to attend Centennial Elementary School. Upon visiting a friend and seeing her child's artwork, I was blown away at how sophisticated the work was for elementary children. I knew immediately that that was where I wanted my children to go to school and have never regretted my decision. Having 2 very different children with very different needs pass through grades k - 5. My son, unfortunately, had many learning problems. That did not mean however that my son fell through the cracks by any means. He received special adapted teaching strategies including pull out assistance with building specialists in order for the gaps in his understanding and processing to be filled and for him to be successful. Whereas they were not able to completely eliminate all the learning obstacles that my son faced then and continues to face, they dealt with his needs with kindness and compassion in order to effectively maintain his academic standing. My son just graduated high school this past year and I credit the teachers at Centennial for guiding his steps in the right direction so many years ago.

Centennial Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2011
My son has attended Centennial since k-2nd grade. Most of the teachers are very patient and understanding with the students. The Parent and student involvment is great lots of after school activities. Principal is new and she seems to be doing wonderful. The one thing the school is lacking is help for students who are struggling and are behind. The seem to be pushed to the back burner or back of the class with no additional help. To the point that we will b looking for a new school next year for our children. Which is to bad cause it they were to offer the extra help my son needs I would of had to give them 5 stars.

Centennial Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2010

Centennial Elementary School
13200 Westlake Dr, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top