Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted October 05, 2015
Teachers are great. Administration leaves A GREAT DEAL to be desired. Previous principal and vice principal were completely on top of things and turned an average school in to a very good school. The new administration is on a path to ruin their predecessors hard work. Be very careful about subjective punishment and if you don't think things are going well - discuss with the district.

Westlake Middle School 3

Posted April 16, 2014
Secretary's desk Staff are very inconsistent!!! Teachers don't seem to take time to teach, however they do spend their days teaching children how to pass their tests, Not necessarily their fault they are doing what the district wants b/c of course those teachers want a paycheck, all though I think some of the older teachers should stand their ground. 7th grade math teacher teases autistic children, to the point of tears & the class laugh and tease right along with the teacher. Very sad That So Many Kids feel unsafe at Westlake middle school! Guess I'm grateful my daughter's not getting teased but the things she tells me and the stuff I've seen are heartbreaking. If you want a school with only high test scores & no morals or values this us the school for you & your kids...Guess I just described all denver/metro area schools. ..

Posted January 22, 2012
Westlake actively recruits parents to be involved. I get periodic emails inviting me to participate and volunteer. I admire their efforts. My children have done well and enjoy their years here. My kids have participated in my clubs Jazz Band, WEB, NJHS, disc golf, board game club and video game club-an interesting variety of choices for those that want to participate. This school does an above average job of preparing my children for high school. Thanks!

Posted September 28, 2011
My son is having a great experience at Westake. The teachers really care. They give the students many opportunities to make up work and redo tests if they are struggling. The teachers give extra study time before school and during lunch breaks if your child needs the help. It is true that the busses have been cut and the sports too. That is true for all of Adams 12 school district for middle schools due to funding shortages.

Westlake Middle School 1

Posted August 31, 2010
this school has cut busses even if your 2 and a half miles away!!the classes are very crowded no activites for 6th grade kids,no outdoor ed,very unorganized.im very very unhappy with this school,it isnt a good atmosphere for kids and needs to be more organized and bullying needs to be stopped.principal dosent care.not a good choice for a school,were going to pull our kids out i see why so many parents send their kids to diffrent schools i didnt understand why but now i do

Westlake Middle School

Posted September 09, 2009
I attend westlake and it has been a few days of school and so far, I LOVE westlake. They challenge you at your own pace. But theres just one thing. Why can't pixies join any clubs!?

Posted August 10, 2009
I attend Westlake as a new 8th grader and for the past 2 years, my IQ has gone up a couple of points and I couldn't of done it without my previous teachers.

Posted August 06, 2009
I go to this school, and they are very discipline! All the teachers are amazing, and i have been going there for 2 years, Seventh grade year was the best ever, and we made a hollywood movie and when school starts in the fall, it will be going into 8th grade

Posted June 22, 2009
My son attends Westlake and has had a great experiance. The teachers are very helpful and keep the parents who want to be in the loop very well informed.

Westlake Middle School 3

Posted April 20, 2009
My son attends Westlake and his experience has been average. My daughter went to Shadow Ridge and had a much better experience. She was excited about learning and was challenged. The teachers here seem more set in their ways and not necessarily concerned about the individual child. They also seem to be disorganized with assignments and feedback.

Westlake Middle School
2800 West 135th Avenue, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Westlake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.