Posted May 13, 2014
Kohl has been tremendous for our son, who has some difficulty focusing in class. He typically scores extremely high on a variety of tests, including Gifted & Talented testing. All of his teachers have been very patient with his lack of attention and they have teamed up with us parents and with our son to figure out what works best for him so that he can succeed socially, as well as academically, a key aspect of education. He gets along well with others; doesn't fight or have those types of behavior issues - just difficulty with focus. We're hoping G&T will help. The main point here is that rather than label him a bad kid, Kohl teachers and staff have done their due diligence to help our son succeed. We are grateful for this great school, its teachers, and staff. We'll also miss Principal Kaier, who sets a professional but caring tone with the children, and a welcoming tone with parents. We truly hope this healthy balance continues with the next principal.

Posted April 20, 2014
My daughter has attended this school since kindergarten and now is in fifth grade. She has had an amazing experience! All the teachers are great! The principal fosters a happy working environment for the staff and an incredible learning environment for the kids. Parents are very involved with the school and welcomed with open arms. We have been so happy with Kohl and will miss it greatly next year when our daughter moves on to middle school.

Posted January 02, 2014
My son has attended Kohl Elementary School for 2.5 years and my wife and I have been very impressed with Kohl. It stood out in four ways and we open enrolled him here versus our assigned school, Aspen Creek K-8. First, the staff is friendly and helpful. When you call they don't try to pass you off immediately to someone else. They listen and try to find the right answers or person to help. You don't feel like a burden to them when you call with a question. Second, the principal has been in place for a while and provides strong, steady, solid leadership. She is very approachable and her faculty and staff respect and like her. Third, the teachers (all three with whom we have experience) have gone out of their way to ensure the success of each student. In other words, it is evident/demonstrated that they care deeply for the children. Fourth, there is some semblance of socioeconomic diversity at Kohl that is lacking in several other Broomfield BVSD schools. This exposure is key to a well-rounded education in our opinion. Overall, the school is a caring, friendly, but well-run school and my family has been very happy being a part of the Kohl community.

Posted October 08, 2013
I'm now 21 and reading reviews debating where to place my son in school. If I lived near Kohl, he would go here, definitely. Looking back, every teacher I had was awesome. I can think of a small (single incident) that happened that I thought was unfair as a child.. Pretty good for many years of education here. It is a comfortable environment, with very caring teachers that care a lot about their students

Kohl Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
We moved to Broomfield and were able to get my daughter into Kohl. The nearest elementary school is Birch Elementary, and Kohl was rated much higher. What a joke. To begin with, Kindergarten is 2 hours and 45 minutes per day. No one else that I've talked to anywhere in the country has half a day of kindergarten, or is it day care? They certainly don't teach the kids anything. Now, in our second year, I learn that Kohl has no air conditioning anywhere except for the computer lab and of course THE OFFICE. Heaven forbid that the overpaid, underworked administrators suffer like our children. Kohl is a joke. My daughter learns nothing, they can't afford air conditioning, and kindergarten is half a day at best. Looking forward to changing schools. We left Fairfax County for THIS?

Kohl Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2013
We moved from out of state. I did a lot of research to find a good school. BVSD kept coming up as a great district. So far we have not been disappointed! My daughter has special needs (high functioning autism and transgender) that need to be handled in a sensitive manner. I was very nervous about finding a school that would respect her and support her needs. The principal is amazing. She is open, collaborative and really seems to care about her students, staff and the school. She is very involved. She immediately put our minds at ease about supporting our daughter and works with us to ensure her safety and success. We are very impressed with the quality and robustness of the Kohl curriculum and staff. Both of my kids' teachers (even specials!) are dedicated and easy to work with. Great parent involvement. Many opportunities: choir, unicycle club, student council, instrumental music, and other clubs! My kids are thriving! My daughter has made such progress with her reading intervention teacher and she is enjoying reading now! We are so pleased with Kohl! The only complaint I have is the high number of students per class. 2nd grade has 29 students in each class this year.

Posted September 14, 2011
Absolutely LOVE this school! The office staff is great and they really take the time to get to know the students and parents. I work so I'm not at the school much so probably after visiting the office maybe twice they remembered who I was and my child! That shows a lot. My son is only in 1st grade but so far have loved both his teachers. He has learned so much and I am anxious to see what progress he makes being there all day. I just wished they would get full day kindergarten before my daughter starts kindergarten.

Posted August 15, 2011
My son attends Kohl. He attended last year for first grade and just started second grade there. I can't believe how quickly he has been learning! He loves school because the teachers make learning interesting and fun. We moved out of the district, but I will continue to open enroll my son through fifth grade to keep him at Kohl. His enthusiasm for learning is amazing! I attribute this to the school!

Posted May 16, 2011
LOVE this school. It is wonderful BECAUSE of the principal, teachers and staff. Don't know why the bad reviews of the principal. She is always available to talk on the phone or have a meeting about my son. She has worked to make school life for him a success. Hello people - the teachers are so great because the principal hires great teachers. She runs the school like a tight ship and some may not like it but it is a ship that will not sink and your child will get the BEST education here!

Kohl Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
My children went to Kohl Elementary and loved it. They were highly encouraged and the education they received gave them a solid foundation.

Kohl Elementary School
1000 West 10th Ave, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Kohl Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kohl Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.