Posted December 01, 2012
I am currently a senior at Holy Family and have been attending since I was a freshman. My overall impression of my high school experience is a very good one. The homework load is considerable and there were nights when I was up doing homework for what seemed like forever, but that was a challenge that I was willing to take and which ultimately prepared me for junior and senior year as well as for college. Holy Family also provided me with many different opportunities that I am now happy to say I took advantage of. I am a member of the show choir, I am a part of the tennis team, I participate in National Honors Society, Student Government, Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica, and I am planning to graduate with an Honors Diploma. There are many negative reviews of this school and I must say that I disagree with them. Students get out of this school what they put in. The teachers truly do care about the students and the students truly do care about each other. No school is perfect and I am not claiming that Holy Family is excluded from that, but this is a school worth high recognition.

Holy Family High School 1

Posted September 10, 2012
I went to this school last year and the work loaded was insane. I had at least 4 hours of homework a night. If some drama started between student all the teachers and staff frowned upon you. All the teachers are very strict and don' make the lesson plan fun. And the cost of the athletic games are way over priced as well as the school dances and lunches. I mean $4.00 for a small chicken sandwich is ridiculous. And the teachers provided no sort of help with the assignments.

Holy Family High School 3

Posted August 28, 2012
School is just OK..nothing superb as far as Catholic schools go. Last year my daughter's algebra teacher was not that great. He coaches girls basketball and watched basketball film in class. Also, assigns homework and does not correct the work that is wrong, so how do kids know how to do it correctly? Had to end up using her middle school teacher as a tutor. Also, her Fresman English teacher had little command of the class. Told kids to call him "Bubba" and not by his first or last name, so he was more worried about being friends than a fair teacher, in my opinion. Also, the Top 50 school thing they had to "apply for", not get recognised for. So don't get lulled that they were chosen out of the blue for this award. Also, school seems focused more on sports than academics as far as what we read in their newsletters, etc. Only reason our daughter goes there is because she needs a more closed campus, and discipline environment. But, I guess our expectations were higher for this Catholic school than what we have seen.

Posted May 09, 2012
It was agreat environment for my daughter. She was led to believe that if she went there, she would be able to get into a major college. This is not true. She felt like she learned more than she would have in our district's school. She really enjoyed the Latin classes!

Posted April 29, 2010
Not perfect by any means, Have had my kids there for 6 years now- they have never felt excluded because they are not 'rich'. HF has a nurturing environment -there is a place for everyone. Lots pf parental involvement, although school spirit from students is waning. My oldest got into the college she wanted and feels she was very well prepared - that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Holy Family High School 0

Posted March 19, 2010
Holy Family highschool is for the rich, only those who can afford fit into this environment. all others are left to feel as outsiders. The main pride of the school is sports but unfortunately school pride is lacking. Overall this school is a learning opportunity to become a teacher... the students are often to forced to learn on their own since the staff is terrible

Posted April 01, 2009
HF has a rigorous College Prep curriculum with high academic stds, 7pt grading scale, and numerous AP options. It is small enough, 675 students, to provide a close and familiar atmosphere. It allows each student numerous extracurricular options, especially with sports activities. There is a strong sense of community and school spirit. However, this school is designed for academics and a student must be ready to accept this challenge.

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted December 01, 2008
This is a great college preparatory institution. Over 95% of the students go on to enroll in 4 year colleges. The program is geared towards higher education.

Posted September 15, 2008

Holy Family High School
5195 West 144th Avenue, Broomfield, CO  80023
Last modified Holy Family High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Holy Family High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top