Broomfield, CO

Posted August 19, 2015
This school is a joke. I went to this school from a young age all the way up until 8th grade. I can tell you that I always had issues. I can start by saying that the principal at this school is terrible, beyond terrible. She has no regard for all of her students. Of course she has favorites and she looks highly to these kids. But she looks down upon other students. If you came to her with a problem she would blow it off and try to fix you instead of the other students. The school is very divided between the wealthy and the non wealthy. If you have a lot of money then you have a lot of say of what goes on in the school. From my experience there were students here who were real bullies but the school failed and failed for years to do anything about it. I am embarrassed to say I ever went to this school. Their math program is a total joke. I got put in the "lower" math because they said and I quote "I wasn't mature enough to handle Algebra 1". It was ridiculous, the only reason they said that was because I got picked on often and of course I would tell a teacher and the teacher would blow it off. They just labeled me as a troublemaker. After 8th grade I decided catholic school was no longer for me and now I'm doing extremely well. I have a 4.0 GPA and I have good friends. My new school actually pushes me to excel it doesn't hold me back like Nativity so many countless times. My new school really wants their students to learn. Nativity all I can say is a horrible school and I feel bad for the children that have to go there. Over the years I can't find a single happy memory there. If it wasn't the constant bullying that the principal disregarded, then it was certain teachers who had favorites. I can only say there were 3 teachers who cared about me over the years but what could they do about the whole school. A lot of students I know agree with me that school was so sad. The principal is basically the main reason why it's horrible. She always decides to believe certain students over you. If you don't have a lot of money and your parents arent involved in the school donating money constantly then they won't care about you. Only the important kids thrive here. What a sad way to run a school. Do your child and yourself a favor, DONT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE ITS NOT WORTH IT. A waste of money and time.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
Determination to excel yes because the school is so horrible I was motivated to move past it and excel mysel. You have to push yourself because no one at that school will.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
School failed and failed again to do anything about the bullying going on. If you went to the principal she would disregard your concern and try to fix you instead of the other student.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
There is no fairness at all. The principal and some teachers have favorite students, you can clearly see that.

Nativity Of Our Lord School 5

Posted May 25, 2013
This school was the best school ever! The teachers really care about you! The education is great! In math, the math teacher separates you in different groups for 8th grade. The groups are Algebra A and Algebra 1, with Algebra 1 being the "higher" of the two. In 7th grade, at the end of the year, you get to know whether you got into Algebra A or Algebra 1. Unfortunately, I was undecided at the time and I almost got put into Algebra A. My teacher thought it was the best for me if I got put into Algebra A, but I thought I could really try my hardest, so I persuaded her to put me into Algebra 1. I'm glad I made that decision because I proved my teacher that I could really try my hardest and I did end up with all A's for each quarter. If you have a hard time in math the teacher allows you to come in for recess or after school to get some help with your homework. I also tried my hardest in science and ended up with all A's.Even if you are a "troublemaker", they will not treat you harshly. There were two "troublemakers" in my class and they both got great education. One even got on the decathlon team. You really get treated like family at Nativity, and that's what I love about Nativity.

Posted February 28, 2013
Math is a joke at this school. I'm a grad from this school, and very active in high school STEM programs now, and I will tell you that this school has the worst math program ever. I was put in the lower algebra A in 8th grade, and I knew they made a mistake. After consulting with the IDIOTIC PRINCIPAL who would not budge and grant me my request, I continued on with he year. After graduating I realized that no longer wanted to stay in the private school atmosphere and switched to public schooling and it was the best decision of my life. Freshman year my math brilliance (which Nativity seemed to ignore) shined so bright that I actually jumped from algebra one to pre-calc in one year. They had over looked my brilliance to the point were now I'm taking linear algebra currently (college level course) in high school! The worst part about this is that if i were to stay in the private school atmosphere I would have never reached my full potential, and never have been motivated. Now, I'm going to UC Berkeley next year to major mathematics, and computer sciences. I owe public school all of my academic success.

Posted December 10, 2012
We were at the school for one very long semester. This school is totally unequipped to manage above average, bright children. If your child does "fit in the box" then this is a great school for you. I was very disappointed with how ineffectual both the teaching staff and principal was in educating my child. As well, I was not met with any sort of willingness to make any changes to a situation that clearly did not work for my child who needed more of a challenge. Since moving my child to another private school in town, he is going gangbusters and thriving. Our experience at Nativity was nothing short of a nightmare.

Nativity Of Our Lord School 4

Posted July 16, 2012
I'm a current student at Nativity and have been here since kindergarten. I like this school a lot, but admit that some of that is probably because I'm a good student. The teachers are nice (particularly in science and art) and have done a good job. However, I think the class difference is a bit extreme.You are either one of the very rich, or you are not. I also think that some of the parents (particularly those who have many kids attending, make donations or volunteer a lot) have too great a say in what happens there. This can be unfair to some of the middle or lower class families. All in all, I've had a good time there, but if you have a child who needs extra help with school work or you aren't in the greatest financial shape, this probably isn't the school for you.

Posted May 17, 2012
We had very high hopes for our kids attending this CS but have been extremely disappointed. We, along with a couple other families have decided Nativity is not for our kids. The administration does not handle situations appropriately, nor do they let kids be kids. The parents running the school definitely have a lot of pull with the teachers and administration and are awful to those on the "outside'. I have a smart kid that isn't challenged and has almost been held back to his current grade level rather than pushed to do harder/more difficult work. I had heard a lot of families have left and now I know why!

Nativity Of Our Lord School 4

Posted April 08, 2012
We only have 1 yr of experience at this school. But, 6 at another CS with our daughter and I went to 3 different catholic schools on 2 different continents. So you can say my assessment of catholic schools come with some valued experience. First impression of Nativity is the quality of the teaching staff. I have never been so impressed with the quality care, structure, and discipline that is forwarded to my child - we enjoyed the last school she was in but the education does not compare. My daughter tells me that Nativity is really hard & strict but she LOVES it - so do I!! Her grades are much better that ever before, and she has always made the honor roll. As far as I can see the Principal is a wonderful disiplanarian & educator, not so good as a business woman trying to keep & grow her private school business. One observation - you would think the first thing you would want to do is personally welcome a new family to your school. The school tries hard to get parents to help out but it seams that only a minor percentage actually care enough to step up to the line to volunteer (sure I want my kid to have a good time. But, I want other parents to do that for me!!) REALLY!!

900 West Midway Boulevard, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Nativity Of Our Lord School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Nativity Of Our Lord School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top