Broomfield, CO

Posted May 25, 2013
This school was the best school ever! The teachers really care about you! The education is great! In math, the math teacher separates you in different groups for 8th grade. The groups are Algebra A and Algebra 1, with Algebra 1 being the "higher" of the two. In 7th grade, at the end of the year, you get to know whether you got into Algebra A or Algebra 1. Unfortunately, I was undecided at the time and I almost got put into Algebra A. My teacher thought it was the best for me if I got put into Algebra A, but I thought I could really try my hardest, so I persuaded her to put me into Algebra 1. I'm glad I made that decision because I proved my teacher that I could really try my hardest and I did end up with all A's for each quarter. If you have a hard time in math the teacher allows you to come in for recess or after school to get some help with your homework. I also tried my hardest in science and ended up with all A's.Even if you are a "troublemaker", they will not treat you harshly. There were two "troublemakers" in my class and they both got great education. One even got on the decathlon team. You really get treated like family at Nativity, and that's what I love about Nativity.

Posted February 28, 2013
Math is a joke at this school. I'm a grad from this school, and very active in high school STEM programs now, and I will tell you that this school has the worst math program ever. I was put in the lower algebra A in 8th grade, and I knew they made a mistake. After consulting with the IDIOTIC PRINCIPAL who would not budge and grant me my request, I continued on with he year. After graduating I realized that no longer wanted to stay in the private school atmosphere and switched to public schooling and it was the best decision of my life. Freshman year my math brilliance (which Nativity seemed to ignore) shined so bright that I actually jumped from algebra one to pre-calc in one year. They had over looked my brilliance to the point were now I'm taking linear algebra currently (college level course) in high school! The worst part about this is that if i were to stay in the private school atmosphere I would have never reached my full potential, and never have been motivated. Now, I'm going to UC Berkeley next year to major mathematics, and computer sciences. I owe public school all of my academic success.

Posted December 10, 2012
We were at the school for one very long semester. This school is totally unequipped to manage above average, bright children. If your child does "fit in the box" then this is a great school for you. I was very disappointed with how ineffectual both the teaching staff and principal was in educating my child. As well, I was not met with any sort of willingness to make any changes to a situation that clearly did not work for my child who needed more of a challenge. Since moving my child to another private school in town, he is going gangbusters and thriving. Our experience at Nativity was nothing short of a nightmare.

Nativity Of Our Lord School 4

Posted July 16, 2012
I'm a current student at Nativity and have been here since kindergarten. I like this school a lot, but admit that some of that is probably because I'm a good student. The teachers are nice (particularly in science and art) and have done a good job. However, I think the class difference is a bit extreme.You are either one of the very rich, or you are not. I also think that some of the parents (particularly those who have many kids attending, make donations or volunteer a lot) have too great a say in what happens there. This can be unfair to some of the middle or lower class families. All in all, I've had a good time there, but if you have a child who needs extra help with school work or you aren't in the greatest financial shape, this probably isn't the school for you.

Posted May 17, 2012
We had very high hopes for our kids attending this CS but have been extremely disappointed. We, along with a couple other families have decided Nativity is not for our kids. The administration does not handle situations appropriately, nor do they let kids be kids. The parents running the school definitely have a lot of pull with the teachers and administration and are awful to those on the "outside'. I have a smart kid that isn't challenged and has almost been held back to his current grade level rather than pushed to do harder/more difficult work. I had heard a lot of families have left and now I know why!

Nativity Of Our Lord School 4

Posted April 08, 2012
We only have 1 yr of experience at this school. But, 6 at another CS with our daughter and I went to 3 different catholic schools on 2 different continents. So you can say my assessment of catholic schools come with some valued experience. First impression of Nativity is the quality of the teaching staff. I have never been so impressed with the quality care, structure, and discipline that is forwarded to my child - we enjoyed the last school she was in but the education does not compare. My daughter tells me that Nativity is really hard & strict but she LOVES it - so do I!! Her grades are much better that ever before, and she has always made the honor roll. As far as I can see the Principal is a wonderful disiplanarian & educator, not so good as a business woman trying to keep & grow her private school business. One observation - you would think the first thing you would want to do is personally welcome a new family to your school. The school tries hard to get parents to help out but it seams that only a minor percentage actually care enough to step up to the line to volunteer (sure I want my kid to have a good time. But, I want other parents to do that for me!!) REALLY!!

Posted January 21, 2012
My two children have been going to Nativity since kindergarten, and they are both very happy here. There is a strong sense of community here and a high degree of parent volunteerism at the school. In my observation, it is the high level of family participation and emphasis on morality as well as academic excellence that makes this school so well-rounded.

Posted January 20, 2012
I have two children at Nativity, one in grade school and one in the middle school. My children are quite happy here and I believe the curriculum to be quite good. The math program is pretty strong and I feel the kids are well prepared for any high school they choose to attend. Of course, the Catholic education is important to us and this is one of Nativity's strengths. There is a real sense of a caring community here and I feel my children are in very good hands. The lunch program is quite good with many healthy options for lunch if they choose to buy it. If only we had more room at this school, as the space is limited. As with many schools, I believe parents who can volunteer their time here will appreciate all that takes place at this school.

Posted January 06, 2012
Nativity has been a great experience for our kids and our family. The kids are learning and living their faith. Academically, they are receiving a strong education. My kids are happy to go to, and happy when they come home from, Nativity.

Posted January 05, 2012
I am very happy with what Nativity has provided my children. They have learned love and respect for themselves and each other. THey have learned how to incorporate their spiritual selves into their daily lives. I came on here and saw reviews that were negative, remember the people who post negative are usually few and far in between. I feel like it is the most wonderful place I could send my kids. The experience the staff and love my children are given everyday is nuruturing and positive. A+++

Nativity Of Our Lord School
900 West Midway Boulevard, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Nativity Of Our Lord School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Nativity Of Our Lord School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top