PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Beware! This school is a sinking ship and it’s going down fast! It touts it is a K-6, which it is but there is only one 6th grader. There are only about 30 grade school students. Last year’s Kindergarten had 7 students all girls and one boy. This year only the girls are left. They only have 4 teachers, with combined grades, the worst being a 4-6 grade classroom... Enrollment is the worst it has been ever for the school. Their 4 star rating is based on old information. The curriculum is totally outdated. As a matter of fact all the information is outdated. The teachers are unfriendly, no smiles only frowns. The principle is practically non-existent, he’s simply a pawn for the director of the ELC side. He’s part time and has no real commitment to the facility. The ELC director is so mean, she is always yelling at someone and is rude. The kids are so afraid of her. She is one of the main reasons people leave the school. Happy I left and found a better option! Heed this message, do research other than web pages.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Godly character traits are topics of discussion in the classroom almost every day at Beautiful Savior.

We have 3 kids that go to BSLS and we could not be happier. The teachers are fantastic. Connie Cordova, who is the 1st and 2nd grade teacher, is one of the best teachers we have ever seen. Dana Whitney is the 3rd-5th grade teacher and is also exceptional, we have a child with Dyslexia and she goes above and beyond to help her in the classroom. There is no better school as far as we are concerned.

The elementary school is poorly ran. They only have 3 teachers, a lot of parents left last year and this year already,there is no Principal to speak of. Teachers are lazy, unmotivated, Kinder teacher spends her time texting most of the time in the classroom instead of teaching.. Curriculum is severely outdated and technology class doesn't exist. My children were in bullied and they did nothing I had to move them for their safety. It makes me angry to have had payed so much money for such a poorly ran school,my children had to do extra work to catch up,that make me very upset. They have no 4th or 5th grades either,they combine grades and the kids are not doing well academically.

We have had an incredibly positive experience at Beautiful Savior. I moved my son out of a charter school to this school during his Kindergarten year. I decided if I was paying for full day Kindergarten at a school with 28 kids in his class, I might as well pay about the same price for a school with only 10 kids in his class and an excellent teacher. The switch was a great decision. He is in 2nd grade now and my daughter is in 1st. We've stayed at this school because the teachers are first-rate: experienced, attentive, and going above-and-beyond what is asked of them for the students. They know my children very well and provide individual attention and targeted lessons based on my children's levels in each subject. The current teaching staff here is outstanding. I also love that this school has affordable and quality after-care that is flexible with my needs. I'm not paying for the days I don't use it. Did I mention its affordable? The after-school sports programs (basketball in fall and winter, indoor soccer in spring) for boys and girls is another reason we are happy at Beautiful Savior. Its been a great experience for my son and daughter. The only concern with this school is its small size. Attendance has been lower the last couple of years but I've noticed its has started to pick up again and I feel confident that, with the excellent teaching staff they have right now, the school will continue to grow.

I think all the positive reviews are about the preschool. The middle school no longer exists and the elementary school is falling apart. The elementary school is poorly ran. They have lost eight teacher in three years. Last year the principal left without notice. Teachers are lazy, unmotivated, and harsh. Curriculum is severely outdated and technology class doesn't exist. My child was severely behind in reading when he left this school. It makes me sad and sick to my stomach that we wasted all of our time and money on this school. I would definitely think twice about sending your child to this school.

My granddaughter loves her school and is thriving under the loving care she is receiving here! Keep up the great work!

Not a great school, and not run well at all. We were promised all sorts of things, and there was never any follow through. My child left there being extremely behind in academics.

I have nothing but great things to say about BSLS. Both of my girls currently go here and I feel so blessed to have then attend here. My oldest has been going here for 3 years and teachers are just fantastic. They really do utilize individualized learning for the students and you don't see that at public school. The school also implements STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math which is a plus. I can't believe how much both of my girls has excelled here. If there's any problems/concerns, the school tries to address it right away. They are very understanding of everything and it really is like a big family. I would highly recommend BSLS for any students and you will not be disappointed!!!

Beautiful Savior has been wonderful for my daughter. I love that she can learn about Jesus and not be afraid to show her Christian character whenever she is at school. She also has received an excellent education. She has, the past few years, received excellent scores on her Iowa Test of Basic Skills. I rated the principal leadership lower because the school is currently vacant for a principal. The interim principal is doing a great job with communicating between board members and parents and staff. He is also always visible before and after school.

Last modified Beautiful Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8