PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 27, 2015
We feel we get a great value at Broomfield Academy. Sure, private school is costly, but its worth every penny of it. Our kids moved to Broomfield Academy 2 years ago from a well-known charter school and have really blossomed. The smaller class sizes and individual attention have especially helped my son. We love that they have a pool and get swimming lessons as part of the regular tuition. Our kids an involved in the soccer program, dance, swim team and chess club. My kids have learned a lot of Chinese (and order in Chinese at the local Chinese restaurants - fun!) and Spanish too. We have been very pleased, and are especially glad that they have added middle school. We will stay through 8th grade.

Broomfield Academy 2

Posted November 01, 2015
This school has a great concept but in action they fail miserably. The board is biased and totally unprofessional, the Principal is an emotional wreck and so are some of the teachers as a result. Bullying is allowed, provided the parents of the bullying child are considered VIPs and any concerns that are expressed WILL be held against parents. Make no mistake about that. Parents are expected to be seen but not heard. We cannot recommend this school in any capacity (and notice that I didn't even mention that the facilities are extremely shoddy... where do all the tuition dollars go??).

Posted April 20, 2015
We moved our daughters to Broomfield Academy this year - one in First Grade and one in Preschool. We have been very impressed with both programs. The small class sizes in the elementary school allow for the teachers to truly individualize each child's experience - both socially and academically. The "interest projects" and other special projects give the students lots of practice presenting in front of peers and adults, and my daughter's confidence has grown significantly this year as a result. I have found the teachers and principal to be overwhelmingly available and responsive to all of my questions and concerns. We will definitely keep our daughters at Broomfield Academy!

Posted April 07, 2015
This school embodies all of the good you want from education for your child. My son has entered in 6th grade with identified learning differences and the school, teachers, staff, principal and students have embraced him, challenged him, supported him and have given him the individualized education he has needed. We loved his public elementary school as well, but the large class sizes were difficult for him and those sizes were going to be even more challenging for him to navigate in Middle School. He is enjoying learning and having success in this academic environment, as well as has a voice again in class, gets the support he needs and is, best of all, happy. Broomfield Academy has the rare, amazing ability to meet students where they are at and help them thrive!

Broomfield Academy 1

Posted December 03, 2014
Teachers and principal do not respond to e-mails and phone calls. the educational plans for students do not address specific needs, are not measurable, do not list specific materials to be used, etc. The school seems unwilling to work with tutors who may actually know something about special education.

Posted October 23, 2014
We have had a really positive experience at Broomfield Academy. We moved to this school from public/charter and my kids have thrived. Math, which was a headache for my daughter, now makes sense to her. My son, who was getting in trouble at his old school, now likes going to school, is getting good grades and is using his manners, for a change. The school is small, all of the staff knows my kids, their habits, needs and potential problems. The principal is a doll, kind, experienced and fair. My kids teachers give them lots of individual attention, and work with them at their level. This really helps their confidence...and, they have good friends at the school. The fact that there is swimming lessons as part of PE is great, as we don't have to take them elsewhere to learn to swim or to do swim team. We wish we had found the school a few years earlier. We plan to stay through the end of middle school.

Posted October 23, 2014
We chose Broomfield Academy for our children because we were looking for a liberal arts school with a strong foundation in reading, writing and math at the core. The additional technology opportunities are a great supplement, but are not used to replace the direct teaching instruction our children are receiving. There is hardly any unnecessary screen time and only one standardized test per year. I appreciate that the teachers give our children a lot of individualized attention and are able to draw from a variety of materials for different learning styles. I have found them all to be highly qualified and very committed. The principal is very professional and also extremely qualified. She is recognized in Colorado as a leader in gifted education.

Posted October 15, 2014
I am surprised by the negative reviews because they aren't true at all. The middle school is awesome. The math instruction is very individualized with real homework (no IXL) and a lot of direct instruction (6:1 teacher:student ratio in my student's class). The principal is firm, but very kind.

Broomfield Academy 3

Posted July 08, 2014
Middle school needs a lot of work. There's very little math instruction. Homework was just to do 20 minutes of anything they wanted on Khan or IXL, and they weren't help responsible for it. They're supposed to be an individualized school but the only thing that is really individualized is math, and this just means that the kids are moving at their own speed. This sounds great, but it translated as no speed at all, and too many kids in different places. The teacher could not possibly keep up with all of them to give them solid instruction. Not a good formula for teaching math. The Principal seems very ineffective and argumentative. We've moved our kids out.

Posted June 17, 2014
If anyone is looking for a place for their kids to take swim lessons I highly recommend Broomfield Academy! My boys have had three lessons so far this summer and have learned more already than they have in the previous two summers combined. Elizabeth has worked with each of them at their own level (one loves water and the other not at all), and has been extremely flexible to allow us to schedule lessons at times and days that work for us, not on a set schedule. Amazingly I am only paying $5 more than I was for semi private lessons at the rec center. I can't recommend Broomfield Academy highly enough for swim lessons!

Broomfield Academy