Coyote Ridge Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 569 students

Sweep tile

Posted November 11, 2013

The teachers are wonderful . I have been less than impressed with the principal. She may walk around he school and know the kids names, but is extremely difficult to communicate your concerns to. I have only heard great things about Coyote Ridge. I agree it's a great school, however, the principle is mediocre and lacks the communication skills to make her qualified to be in her position.

Posted November 5, 2013

Coyote Ridge has been great with my son. He is in Kindergarten and absolutely loves it here. The teachers and the principal are extremely dedicated to every child. We are lucky to be here.

Posted July 5, 2012

My kid loves the school, the teachers and the principal. The education promoted by the school is focused in the whole child. I like how the teachers put the best of their effort to know each student learning style and work in a way that will benefit everyone. The resources of the school are wonderful. My kid loves the library and enjoys the projects they had made using advance technology (smart boards, ipads) and the abundant hands on activities. There is also a great sense of community.

Posted May 17, 2012

Coyote Ridge is a FANTASTIC school which has been recognized as the "Best of Broomfield" for elementary schools. We have two daughters who attend CRE and they love to go to school! My eldest has been identified as GT, and the staff has done an excellent job challenging her. We absolutely LOVE the new principal and can't figure out why some people are choosing to leave the school for charters where the teaching staff has no experience (CRE teachers average 14 years of experience and 80% have Masters degrees or higher), no books in the library (CRE has over 13,000 books) and no track record (CRE has award winning test scores). My guess is that if a school has a waiting list, people assume that it must be better. We "got in" to the new charter school, but chose to attend CRE. Regardless, we have had a wonderful experience at CRE. The school has excellent use of technology also (SMART boards in every classroom, computer lab, mobile IPAD lab, etc.) We will send our third child to CRE without hesitation. We absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!

Posted February 8, 2012

We've had a very positive experience at Coyote Ridge over the course of the past 2.5 years. I have a second grader who enjoys school and feels safe and happy at CRE. Megan Cain is great... she know ALL of the students names and many of the parents, as well. She takes a huge interest in what is going on in the classroom, parking lot, etc. and makes a real effort to "engage" with the kids by sharing stories about her children, her experiences in elementary school, etc. It is evident that she truly cares about the safety and well being of the kids. CRE is the only elementary school we've attended, so my point of reference is limited. I think it is easy to believe that the grass is greener re: STEM, Prospect Ridge, etc., but these schools are new and haven't established a track record yet. For now, CRE is a wonderful environment for my child. It is a teacher's job to "teach" a child, but parents play an even more important role... if everyone "partnered" with their child's teacher, great things could happen. We parents have to take an active role in educating our children, as well.

Posted January 31, 2012

We chose this school when we moved to the area and have not been disappointed. The new principal is totally dedicated to the success of the children at the school. Like any school, some teachers are better than others but as a whole, it is an excellent learning environment for kids of different abilities. We really appreciate the current focus on rewarding positive behavior and building character as well as academic skills. This is an excellent school!

Posted January 30, 2012

We love this school and are feel it's the best choice out of all the choices to send our daughters. They are challenged and they love learning. We love that it's a true neighborhood school and they have a sense of community. We love the new principle. She really takes initiative to make our school the best it can be. If you move in this area you will not be disappointed.

Posted January 27, 2012

I have two children attending Coyote Ridge. One is in fifth grade and the others in second grade. They both have been at the school since kindergarten. We have had very good experiences throughout the years. Some years have been more challenging then others....I like that my children have consistently received a great education and have been challenged by their teachers. I also love that we have such a great school close to our neighborhood and we can help support it. It is also great that the school has been recognized with the Governers' Improvement Award.

Posted January 24, 2012

Coyote Ridge has provided an excellent learning environment for my children. I especially like the projects that they assign in the upper grades to challenge students' thinking and promote creativity. Homework is not just worksheet after worksheet. The teachers have been very willing to work with me to address the needs of both of my children and have been positive and supportive in and out of the classroom. In addition to maintaining strong academics, the principal is working hard to reach out to parents to create a positive, welcoming school environment.

Posted January 23, 2012

I have 2 children that attend Coyote Ridge and not only do my husband and I like the school our kids love it too. My kids are excited to go to school and come home eager to tell me what they have learned. As a parent, I am thrilled to see my kids excited about learning. Ms. Cain is an excellent principal and is always looking for way to improve the school. Unfortunately many parents at Coyote Ridge do not like change and have been very vocal about their dislike of her as seen in these reviews. Ms Cain is challenged with these parents and as one other reviewer stated, they think their kids are the smartest kids in the class. If their kids are not labeled gifted the school is horrible. Coyote Ridge has won the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award and 2011 Best of Broomfield by the U.S. Commerce Association. I think these awards demonstrate the excellent staff and leadership at Coyote Ridge.

Posted January 20, 2012

This school is fantastic. I have two children in the school and one is almost finished through. I have had only positive experiences with the school. There have been some overbearing parents to deal with - but the school itself is great. Great test results, great awards, caring teachers, hardworking staff. The new principal is a breath of fresh air. She has made wonderful changes at the school and implemented many new things with great success. If I were to choose a school it would be this one - I would do it all over again.

Posted January 20, 2012

Coyote Ridge is a wonderful school. My child has attended for 2 years, and has had highly experienced, loving teachers. This school strives to help children grow academically as well as learning to become a productive person in the local and worldwide community. Parents are very active in volunteering in the classroom, and the new principle (as of fall 2011) has amazing energy and drive, and has made real and valuable changes. Extracurricular activities offered include Spanish, science club, drama club and more. They also received the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award, and 2011 Best of Broomfield by the U.S. Commerce Association. There are many choices out there, but you would be remiss to not at least tour and found out more about this wonderful elementary school here in Broomfield.

Posted October 16, 2011

I'm not surprised by the negative reviews here; typical for the parents in this neighborhood that think their little Johnny is next Albert Einstein. The expectations are way too high by parents these days. Most of the teachers are very good and caring, some aren't. What do people expect? Did you only have "excellent" teachers growing up? It's all part of the growing experience, so deal with it. As for Principal Cain, she is doing an excellent job. How can anyone claim she doesn't care about the kids? That's nonsense! I've been very active with Ms. Cain in the past year and she is much better than the last principal. I'm very happy to hear that the whiners are leaving the school. Now if we can just get them to leave the community.

Posted October 7, 2011

The teachers we have had have been are wonderful! However, the prinicpal needs to go!! After being falsely reported to CPS she told me that she has reported others and is only correct 30% of the time. Innocent families were investigated for no reason. When approached she had no empathy for what she put us through. Her personality is not what is needed at an elementary school.

Posted May 17, 2011

We've been very happy with this school. The new principal has done a great job at this school and they recently have won an award from the Governor for how much the students have improved.

Posted March 3, 2011

The principal is new and horrible. They need to promote the vice principal because he actually CARES. The current principal only cares about the test scores so she can keep her job.

Posted September 2, 2010

We left this school because while some of the teachers are good, the principal is absolutely the worst. She is on a power trip to the point where she comes across as a dictator who doesn't even follow Adams 5 Star School district policies. Also, the PTA is over the top and functions as a clique - worse than middle school girl drama. One particular parent/teacher is also on a power trip and in the end, between the principal and this PTA parent/teacher, we were left wondering who was really looking out for the best interests of our children.

Posted March 30, 2010

The PTA has its own agenda and those parents or teachers who aren't on board get the boot. This school is fortunate that it has parents who fund the PTA, thus their ideas for the use of the funds shouldn't be self serving.

Posted March 21, 2010

We left this school because it was mediocre. The Principal doesn't really create an environment that doesn't challenge the gifted kids and it's all about the CSAP testing. Two of our kids went there and we had two teachers that were wonderful, one that was average and a long standing teacher that was horrible, just horrible. It's all about fundraising and giving our kids an average education.

Posted May 28, 2009

I have had only positive dealings with Coyote Ridge. I have had two daughters in the school. At first my 5th grader who just moved into the school had some adjustment problems with the teacher, but the teacher honed in on my daughters strengths (language arts and reading) and they became very good friends. My second daughter has been at the school since 2nd grade. she is very gifted and has been stimulated, challenged, encouraged and nurtured by the teachers at Coyote Ridge. I will admit some years had more fun activities provided and i don't like the halloween policy. Let kids be kids and let those who don't believe in dress up do someother library activity, but i cannot say anything negative about the education my daughters have received.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

All Students88%

Students without disabilities80%
Proficient in English80%
Neither migrant nor immigrant79%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

Above average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian 5% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 4%N/A40%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

13770 Broadlands Dr