Broomfield, CO

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted November 11, 2013
The teachers are wonderful . I have been less than impressed with the principal. She may walk around he school and know the kids names, but is extremely difficult to communicate your concerns to. I have only heard great things about Coyote Ridge. I agree it's a great school, however, the principle is mediocre and lacks the communication skills to make her qualified to be in her position.

Posted November 05, 2013
Coyote Ridge has been great with my son. He is in Kindergarten and absolutely loves it here. The teachers and the principal are extremely dedicated to every child. We are lucky to be here.

Posted July 05, 2012
My kid loves the school, the teachers and the principal. The education promoted by the school is focused in the whole child. I like how the teachers put the best of their effort to know each student learning style and work in a way that will benefit everyone. The resources of the school are wonderful. My kid loves the library and enjoys the projects they had made using advance technology (smart boards, ipads) and the abundant hands on activities. There is also a great sense of community.

Posted May 17, 2012
Coyote Ridge is a FANTASTIC school which has been recognized as the "Best of Broomfield" for elementary schools. We have two daughters who attend CRE and they love to go to school! My eldest has been identified as GT, and the staff has done an excellent job challenging her. We absolutely LOVE the new principal and can't figure out why some people are choosing to leave the school for charters where the teaching staff has no experience (CRE teachers average 14 years of experience and 80% have Masters degrees or higher), no books in the library (CRE has over 13,000 books) and no track record (CRE has award winning test scores). My guess is that if a school has a waiting list, people assume that it must be better. We "got in" to the new charter school, but chose to attend CRE. Regardless, we have had a wonderful experience at CRE. The school has excellent use of technology also (SMART boards in every classroom, computer lab, mobile IPAD lab, etc.) We will send our third child to CRE without hesitation. We absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2012
We've had a very positive experience at Coyote Ridge over the course of the past 2.5 years. I have a second grader who enjoys school and feels safe and happy at CRE. Megan Cain is great... she know ALL of the students names and many of the parents, as well. She takes a huge interest in what is going on in the classroom, parking lot, etc. and makes a real effort to "engage" with the kids by sharing stories about her children, her experiences in elementary school, etc. It is evident that she truly cares about the safety and well being of the kids. CRE is the only elementary school we've attended, so my point of reference is limited. I think it is easy to believe that the grass is greener re: STEM, Prospect Ridge, etc., but these schools are new and haven't established a track record yet. For now, CRE is a wonderful environment for my child. It is a teacher's job to "teach" a child, but parents play an even more important role... if everyone "partnered" with their child's teacher, great things could happen. We parents have to take an active role in educating our children, as well.

Posted January 31, 2012
We chose this school when we moved to the area and have not been disappointed. The new principal is totally dedicated to the success of the children at the school. Like any school, some teachers are better than others but as a whole, it is an excellent learning environment for kids of different abilities. We really appreciate the current focus on rewarding positive behavior and building character as well as academic skills. This is an excellent school!

Posted January 30, 2012
We love this school and are feel it's the best choice out of all the choices to send our daughters. They are challenged and they love learning. We love that it's a true neighborhood school and they have a sense of community. We love the new principle. She really takes initiative to make our school the best it can be. If you move in this area you will not be disappointed.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2012
I have two children attending Coyote Ridge. One is in fifth grade and the others in second grade. They both have been at the school since kindergarten. We have had very good experiences throughout the years. Some years have been more challenging then others....I like that my children have consistently received a great education and have been challenged by their teachers. I also love that we have such a great school close to our neighborhood and we can help support it. It is also great that the school has been recognized with the Governers' Improvement Award.

Posted January 24, 2012
Coyote Ridge has provided an excellent learning environment for my children. I especially like the projects that they assign in the upper grades to challenge students' thinking and promote creativity. Homework is not just worksheet after worksheet. The teachers have been very willing to work with me to address the needs of both of my children and have been positive and supportive in and out of the classroom. In addition to maintaining strong academics, the principal is working hard to reach out to parents to create a positive, welcoming school environment.

Posted January 23, 2012
I have 2 children that attend Coyote Ridge and not only do my husband and I like the school our kids love it too. My kids are excited to go to school and come home eager to tell me what they have learned. As a parent, I am thrilled to see my kids excited about learning. Ms. Cain is an excellent principal and is always looking for way to improve the school. Unfortunately many parents at Coyote Ridge do not like change and have been very vocal about their dislike of her as seen in these reviews. Ms Cain is challenged with these parents and as one other reviewer stated, they think their kids are the smartest kids in the class. If their kids are not labeled gifted the school is horrible. Coyote Ridge has won the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award and 2011 Best of Broomfield by the U.S. Commerce Association. I think these awards demonstrate the excellent staff and leadership at Coyote Ridge.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School
13770 Broadlands Dr, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Coyote Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top