Bad
Good

Develops character: Disagree

They allow you to be honest, but don't get the full story when there is an issue. Making it difficult, especially for young children to be completely honest when they know they are going to get into trouble regardless.

This is an average school overall. If your child has any issues at all with bullies or anything along that line, your child receives no help or support from the staff or administration. They put it back on the child, not dealing with the bullies. Worst decision I ever made sending my son here.

I have one child at Coyote Ridge another at Prospect Ridge Academy... I'm so glad the one didn't get into PRA .. Teachers are constantly yelling very unorganized .. We love Coyote Ridge all around my only complaint would be parking

The teachers are wonderful . I have been less than impressed with the principal. She may walk around he school and know the kids names, but is extremely difficult to communicate your concerns to. I have only heard great things about Coyote Ridge. I agree it's a great school, however, the principle is mediocre and lacks the communication skills to make her qualified to be in her position.

Coyote Ridge has been great with my son. He is in Kindergarten and absolutely loves it here. The teachers and the principal are extremely dedicated to every child. We are lucky to be here.

We have been very happy with Coyote Ridge over the years. I have a now 6th grader that went there, a current third grader, and a 4 year old who will be a kindergartner next year. As with any school, some teachers are better than others but overall the school has provided great learning opportunities for my kids including in GT. The school always seems to be striving to better itself with a recent effort to provide more learning opportunities in the sciences and I have seen parent participation in the school increase over the years. It ranks well compared with other schools in test scores including the charters. But most of all, my kids love attending the school and consider it a home away from home.

My kid loves the school, the teachers and the principal. The education promoted by the school is focused in the whole child. I like how the teachers put the best of their effort to know each student learning style and work in a way that will benefit everyone. The resources of the school are wonderful. My kid loves the library and enjoys the projects they had made using advance technology (smart boards, ipads) and the abundant hands on activities. There is also a great sense of community.

Coyote Ridge is a FANTASTIC school which has been recognized as the "Best of Broomfield" for elementary schools. We have two daughters who attend CRE and they love to go to school! My eldest has been identified as GT, and the staff has done an excellent job challenging her. We absolutely LOVE the new principal and can't figure out why some people are choosing to leave the school for charters where the teaching staff has no experience (CRE teachers average 14 years of experience and 80% have Masters degrees or higher), no books in the library (CRE has over 13,000 books) and no track record (CRE has award winning test scores). My guess is that if a school has a waiting list, people assume that it must be better. We "got in" to the new charter school, but chose to attend CRE. Regardless, we have had a wonderful experience at CRE. The school has excellent use of technology also (SMART boards in every classroom, computer lab, mobile IPAD lab, etc.) We will send our third child to CRE without hesitation. We absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!

We've had a very positive experience at Coyote Ridge over the course of the past 2.5 years. I have a second grader who enjoys school and feels safe and happy at CRE. Megan Cain is great... she know ALL of the students names and many of the parents, as well. She takes a huge interest in what is going on in the classroom, parking lot, etc. and makes a real effort to "engage" with the kids by sharing stories about her children, her experiences in elementary school, etc. It is evident that she truly cares about the safety and well being of the kids. CRE is the only elementary school we've attended, so my point of reference is limited. I think it is easy to believe that the grass is greener re: STEM, Prospect Ridge, etc., but these schools are new and haven't established a track record yet. For now, CRE is a wonderful environment for my child. It is a teacher's job to "teach" a child, but parents play an even more important role... if everyone "partnered" with their child's teacher, great things could happen. We parents have to take an active role in educating our children, as well.

We chose this school when we moved to the area and have not been disappointed. The new principal is totally dedicated to the success of the children at the school. Like any school, some teachers are better than others but as a whole, it is an excellent learning environment for kids of different abilities. We really appreciate the current focus on rewarding positive behavior and building character as well as academic skills. This is an excellent school!

Last modified Coyote Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.