Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We're on our third year at Aspen Creek. We came from the Birch Community for middle school. I have to say that I'm not impressed. The community is very exclusive, so it's hard to get involved and not feel like an outcast. Also, some of the middle school teachers (especially at the 6th grade level) seem to have no idea how to deal with these kids. There's a vast maturity difference between a high schooler and a middle schooler and certain teachers seem to forget that. The 6th grade language arts teacher made my daughter cry at conferences and when I'd had enough of her and complained, nothing was done about it and the blame was essentially placed on us for the situation. We were told that we didn't understand the teacher and that she was actually very sensitive and very nice. We had some bar run ins with an assistant principal who has since left as well. I'm hoping that acquiring the new principal will help change things a bit, as I have a son who is set to go to Aspen Creek as well. If I don't see changes this year, I'll be open enrolling him elsewhere for his middle school years.

I have two children that attend Aspen Creek. The teachers, administration, support staff, and parent/family community are all incredible. Everyone works together to make it the very best place for kids!

I opened enrolled my 8 year old Son here. My Son is legally Blind, autistic, developmentally delayed. The classroom teacher had no clue as to what to do with my Son. He drew all day at school. He slipped on the grass and he fell in mud. I got a call from the health room aide. I was told he was covered from head to toe and I needed to pick him up. I get to School and my Sons rear and front of legs had mud on them. Three ladies standing around my Son. My first though was he couldn't be wiped off with a little water and paper towel. I left with my Son and my daughter. The next day I had a card from CPS on my door. Yes, someone who has very little training reported me. The report stated he was covered from head to toe in mud. I took pictures the day it happened. I showed the CPS worker he really was not covered. I was seen dragging my Son by the feet down the hallway. Wait, why did the staff not STOP me? Because it never happened. The reporter filed an unfounded claim. Sad they lack basic training. This School is is a total disappointment. Happy to report he is now at a school in Boulder. The Principal at his new School is on the ball. The staff is friendly, trained an absolutely fantastic. My Son Loves going to school as he is embraced and I feel great he is safe at School!

I cannot say enough good things about the pre-K program at Aspen Creek. Our son has special needs and the teachers, paras & speech therapist there have been so helpful and supportive. Our son has made tremendous progress during his 2 years in their pre-K program. He loves going to school there. Compared to other BVSD preschools, this one has been the best fit for our special needs child. It is clear to us that the teachers are not just there to do their jobs, but that they genuinely care about the kids in their classes. Our only disappointment has been that connecting with other parents has been more difficult this year compared to last year, both because the new community liaison for the school is not nearly as organized as the one they had last year and because there haven't been as many opportunities for parents to visit the classroom (i.e. class parties, volunteer opportunities) as there were last year.

My son attended ACE from kindergarten to 2nd grade and was part of their autism program. This program was one of the best I have ever seen. He is high functioning but they still dedicated as much to him as they would with a child with severe autism. He had para teachers, OT, psychologist, speech, and more. The head of the dept, Brittany Rodgers, is energetic, patient, reliable, extremely easy to work with, and she truly loves all her kids. The school itself was very friendly and all the teachers I met were just great. The only bad part I had experience in was the hallways being really chaotic before and after school with having an elementary downstairs an the middle school upstairs and all those kids converging. I don't know much on the regular curriculum, but all the students in his classes were confident and had no problem answering questions.

Aspen Creek is very involved with their students. The teachers want to see the children to grow & become successful one day. Howl at the moon is another excellent event in which the school puts out every year. I have three children enrolled one being in middle school and my kids LOVE everything about Aspen Creek. Thanks u teachers & staff for all the hard work that you do!

I am 100% completely satisfied with the elementary & middle school teachers & staff! My son has made a complete turn around "academically & socially since he switched to Aspen Creek k-8 last year!" The teachers are patient and really take their time working with each child individually which means a lot to me as a parent. (Both) of my children actually look forward to going to school each day and leave home with big smiles on their faces!

I was worried that I won't find a good school, as good as the one my kids went to before we move to Colorado, and I'm really grateful that we found Aspen Creek. They have a great staff, very good teachers who are involved completely with the kids and know what they are doing. The academic level is satisfying and I'm glad how my kids are liking their teachers and class. They have many activities and many good methods of teaching. I'm glad that my kids are going to Aspen Creek.

Has a great middle school program, and wonderful caring teachers. They really go out of their way to meet kids needs while giving them all the skills and knowledge to be successful in high school.

My child has been at Aspen Creek for 3 years now and I must say that we have had great teachers all three years. The leadership is getting better, I really like the newer vice principals. The atmosphere is clean and safe. The curriculum appears to be in line with Colorado standards. I do think we need an actual spelling curriculum and the school is working hard to improve writing. I feel it is an above average school but that with our resources we could be much better. PTA is in the process of revamping how money is spent and what supports we need. I am glad my child attends this school and I have joined the newer PTA effort to make it even better.

Last modified Aspen Creek K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.