Broomfield, CO

Posted August 02, 2014
My son attended ACE from kindergarten to 2nd grade and was part of their autism program. This program was one of the best I have ever seen. He is high functioning but they still dedicated as much to him as they would with a child with severe autism. He had para teachers, OT, psychologist, speech, and more. The head of the dept, Brittany Rodgers, is energetic, patient, reliable, extremely easy to work with, and she truly loves all her kids. The school itself was very friendly and all the teachers I met were just great. The only bad part I had experience in was the hallways being really chaotic before and after school with having an elementary downstairs an the middle school upstairs and all those kids converging. I don't know much on the regular curriculum, but all the students in his classes were confident and had no problem answering questions.

Posted September 26, 2013
Aspen Creek is very involved with their students. The teachers want to see the children to grow & become successful one day. Howl at the moon is another excellent event in which the school puts out every year. I have three children enrolled one being in middle school and my kids LOVE everything about Aspen Creek. Thanks u teachers & staff for all the hard work that you do!

Posted September 10, 2013
I am 100% completely satisfied with the elementary & middle school teachers & staff! My son has made a complete turn around "academically & socially since he switched to Aspen Creek k-8 last year!" The teachers are patient and really take their time working with each child individually which means a lot to me as a parent. (Both) of my children actually look forward to going to school each day and leave home with big smiles on their faces!

Posted December 11, 2012
I was worried that I won't find a good school, as good as the one my kids went to before we move to Colorado, and I'm really grateful that we found Aspen Creek. They have a great staff, very good teachers who are involved completely with the kids and know what they are doing. The academic level is satisfying and I'm glad how my kids are liking their teachers and class. They have many activities and many good methods of teaching. I'm glad that my kids are going to Aspen Creek.

Posted December 09, 2012
Has a great middle school program, and wonderful caring teachers. They really go out of their way to meet kids needs while giving them all the skills and knowledge to be successful in high school.

Aspen Creek K-8 School 4

Posted May 23, 2012
My child has been at Aspen Creek for 3 years now and I must say that we have had great teachers all three years. The leadership is getting better, I really like the newer vice principals. The atmosphere is clean and safe. The curriculum appears to be in line with Colorado standards. I do think we need an actual spelling curriculum and the school is working hard to improve writing. I feel it is an above average school but that with our resources we could be much better. PTA is in the process of revamping how money is spent and what supports we need. I am glad my child attends this school and I have joined the newer PTA effort to make it even better.

Posted May 26, 2011
This school cannot claim diversity. If you are afraid to be different, yes, go elsewhere. But if you want to celebrate and share your differences, we welcome you. My kids are first generation Americans. The teachers love them. The kids love them. If you or your kids do not fit in, please don't blame it on the school, do something about it! Invite a parent over for brunch. Have a few play dates. I am so greatful for our teachers. My intelligent son was so shy and reserved at the biggining of the year. He is now outspoken and confident. ...and HAPPY!!!

Aspen Creek K-8 School 1

Posted March 18, 2011
This school is one big clique for the surrounding neighborhood. The parents are very aloof - this transfers to the students. If you want diversity-look elsewhere. My daughter hasn't "fit in" with these cliques since kindergarten. The special education programs sees a huge turnover. This school seems obsessed with CSAP scores, and keeping extreme discipline in the classroom - at the expense of creativity.

Posted April 30, 2010
As a parent with a doctorate from the University of Colorado, I'm here to say that Aspen Creek K-8 is... well, it's off-the-hook. Two of our children have attended for a combination of 5 years. Both of our children read, write and do arithmetic above their respective grade levels. The teachers and staff do a great job. Aside from academics, there are various events put on during the school year, like Fall Festival and Spring Fling. It's a wonderful place for our kids to get educated. I understand that there is a waiting list for those that live outside of the Aspen Creek K-8 to get in. Boom... Enough said...

Aspen Creek K-8 School 3

Posted November 15, 2009
I really like this school when we first started 7 years ago, the teachers were great as well as the support staff. My younger son has ADD and learning disabilities and the special education teachers have been wonderful for the most part. There is a very high turnover rate, which has been hard for my son because he is contantly having to get to know new people. It takes him a while to open up to people and with the special education teachers changing so much it has made it more difficult for him to progress as much as I think he could have if he had the same therapists. Some of the middle school teachers are rude. I have contacted the principle several times and have never been contacted back. I am seriously considering moving my 4th grader to another BVSD school next year.

Aspen Creek K-8 School
5500 Aspen Creek Dr, Broomfield, CO  80020
Last modified Aspen Creek K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspen Creek K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top