Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

They gave me new things that I would never thing I would do. Now I'm more confident than if i went to another school. Teachers also know who to keep people engaged. This is my last year here and i think I gained a lot. i learned how to be a leader, make new friends, and take place in events that didn't need me to be supervised. If this didn't help me in anyway I would be at home sitting alone. To tell the full truth i had some hard times, but that doesn't make this a bad school. One fall out doesn't mean this whole middle school life was terrible. One teacher to another, one student to another, a teacher to a student helps a lot of people. The relationships at this school shouldn't change. If they did then there would be a major problem. Everyone is there to help each other nothing more.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

things happen. They will go to the source, yet at time I do think they should have more detail. I don't think people mean to be rude, so if it was "bullying" then it most likely people messing around.

Effective school leaders: Agree

There is a thing were the older kids can help the new kids and younger kids at the school. I get to help out with that. the first year of sixth grades I got to help them and show them what went on. From there every month we get to do little games with multiple topics. One of those topic was how to control your emotions. That was one of the ones I will never forget. It really helped them, along with helping us. The leadership isn't just for confident ones. The teachers will also point out people who are leaders, but don't talk or express themselves. Everyone here you can tell is a leader, but not out loud like everyone thinks a leader should be.

Develops character: Agree

When I first came to this school I was told of how the other kids would act. I thought they would be snobby and rude, yet that is untrue. There my first couple of weeks You begin to learn what everyone is really like. They were taught to treat everyone as equal. I never really found a problem with people being clicked. There is friend groups. I don;t understand parents when they talk about clicks. Honestly if you look at these "clicks" you can see that it is a mix of people who share the same interests. You can walk up to one and join them if you have no where else to go. Also everyone there is also striving for there best. They will never just give up. No one has gone I didn't do it because I thought it did't matter.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There is always this standard these students put for teachers. I'm part of this group. In sixth grade I was expecting like hardcore teaching in math. Notes every day so I could look back on them, well I didn't really get that. I was told just to move on to the next thing and get my work done. Sixth grade Writing was also a little complicated. Choosing favorites I should say and topic over high school and not what need to be taught. From there all the other grades have been great. Once you get through that you can show off your skills.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is always based off of what needs to get done. To simply put it, if you don't do it in class it is your homework. This means if I am doing what I'm told there is no homework. When there is homework it is the reasonable stuff. Like reading and math. Now in some cases math is put in your hands. Like homework or classwork, it just has to be done.

We're on our third year at Aspen Creek. We came from the Birch Community for middle school. I have to say that I'm not impressed. The community is very exclusive, so it's hard to get involved and not feel like an outcast. Also, some of the middle school teachers (especially at the 6th grade level) seem to have no idea how to deal with these kids. There's a vast maturity difference between a high schooler and a middle schooler and certain teachers seem to forget that. The 6th grade language arts teacher made my daughter cry at conferences and when I'd had enough of her and complained, nothing was done about it and the blame was essentially placed on us for the situation. We were told that we didn't understand the teacher and that she was actually very sensitive and very nice. We had some bar run ins with an assistant principal who has since left as well. I'm hoping that acquiring the new principal will help change things a bit, as I have a son who is set to go to Aspen Creek as well. If I don't see changes this year, I'll be open enrolling him elsewhere for his middle school years.

I have two children that attend Aspen Creek. The teachers, administration, support staff, and parent/family community are all incredible. Everyone works together to make it the very best place for kids!

I opened enrolled my 8 year old Son here. My Son is legally Blind, autistic, developmentally delayed. The classroom teacher had no clue as to what to do with my Son. He drew all day at school. He slipped on the grass and he fell in mud. I got a call from the health room aide. I was told he was covered from head to toe and I needed to pick him up. I get to School and my Sons rear and front of legs had mud on them. Three ladies standing around my Son. My first though was he couldn't be wiped off with a little water and paper towel. I left with my Son and my daughter. The next day I had a card from CPS on my door. Yes, someone who has very little training reported me. The report stated he was covered from head to toe in mud. I took pictures the day it happened. I showed the CPS worker he really was not covered. I was seen dragging my Son by the feet down the hallway. Wait, why did the staff not STOP me? Because it never happened. The reporter filed an unfounded claim. Sad they lack basic training. This School is is a total disappointment. Happy to report he is now at a school in Boulder. The Principal at his new School is on the ball. The staff is friendly, trained an absolutely fantastic. My Son Loves going to school as he is embraced and I feel great he is safe at School!

I cannot say enough good things about the pre-K program at Aspen Creek. Our son has special needs and the teachers, paras & speech therapist there have been so helpful and supportive. Our son has made tremendous progress during his 2 years in their pre-K program. He loves going to school there. Compared to other BVSD preschools, this one has been the best fit for our special needs child. It is clear to us that the teachers are not just there to do their jobs, but that they genuinely care about the kids in their classes. Our only disappointment has been that connecting with other parents has been more difficult this year compared to last year, both because the new community liaison for the school is not nearly as organized as the one they had last year and because there haven't been as many opportunities for parents to visit the classroom (i.e. class parties, volunteer opportunities) as there were last year.

Last modified Aspen Creek K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.