Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

What school actually does? My kids aren't bullied but they see plenty of it everyday. School's too big to contain it all. I'm assuming they can only deal with the most severe and I hope they do.

Supports LD students: Neutral

No idea, as again, no programs are promoted or encouraged at this school. It's like everything is a secret - lol! My kids are developing learning differences here....

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Honestly, I don't even know the name of the principal. Tried to find it on the website, gave up. But I know Zach Jones took the picture on the front of the website page?! They "run" a school business and nothing more. So if you want an efficient business like atmosphere for your child, welcome!

Develops character: Disagree

I'm sure the teachers are well-meaning people and teach for a reason but this school is simply too large for the teachers to get very involved with their students. The administration is non-existent unless a student breaks a rule. Both my kids do not feel close or have a connection with any of their teachers. They still refer back to their middle school teachers as impactful in their academics.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I am only concerned with the math program. Lots of variation in the teaching that goes on here. My kids see 2 different teachers for help (because their current teacher doesn't explain assignments very well) and all 2 can give them a different formula and explanation to the problem.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child's homework last night was: take this worksheet home, go to Khan Academy and figure out the math, we'll go over it in class tomorrow. How about you actually teach the method in class and then have them take the worksheet home to practice?!

I currently have a freshman and a sophomore at this school. The math department is questionable. My child is struggling in math (he's been an above average math student up until this semester). We're spending hundreds with a tutor to help him in math. Another math teacher at LHS who will help him during lunch has given him ideas to get out of her class as even this other teacher is struggling with what she's teaching kids. If your child is an athlete, look to BHS, they have awesome community support for all sporting events. I don't know anything about theater or choir - it's never promoted. Promotion of school events at LHS is non-existent. There's not a lot of energy devoted to school activities, lots of apathy at this school amongst students and administration. I subscribe to the daily bulletin everyday and it rarely mentions any athletic events, plays or musicals. It's basically the lunch menu for the day. No school spirit. The website is dull and lacking warmth. It's hard to navigate. Sadly, it might represent the current environment and administration. I have worked in the St. Vrain district and all of their school websites are inviting, encouraging, bright, and welcoming. They actually encourage the community to get involved with the school. They have pictures of the administrators on their front page with clear contact info, encouraging parents to reach out. Legacy is not this friendly or inviting, again, this might come from the top down. St. Vrain keeps their social media updated and chock full of information and on their front page of their website! They promote ALL student events at their schools and actually attend them! You'll find admin and teachers at most St. Vrain events (sports, plays, music shows) They are incredibly engaged with their student body. Fascinating! When walking into LHS, I feel unwelcome and like I'm intruding. We are looking at other options for our two kids (St. Vrain District). The rest of the subjects at LHS seem fine, probably equivalent to any school in the area. Our kids want to feel like a part of a bigger community and feel the excitement when getting involved with school events - its just not what LHS can offer. In my child's student leadership group, there's 8 kids. The school has 2300 kids people - seriously?

This school has not provided me with anything good, when I walk down the halls I hear people using profound language (I will say this is unfortunately common in schools) they have done absolutely nothing to stop or limit the use of this language and I have even overheard teachers using this language. I recently have had two incidents that have infuriated me with this school. The first instance was when I was riding my bike and a "security guard" drove over to me on a golf cart and told me to get off the school property or get off my bike, I was leaving the school property when I turned around to make a joke to my friend when she came flying over to us almost hitting me with her golf cart then took my id and gave me a referral, my friend attempted to ask why she was giving me a referral when she swung around and confronted him in a hostile tone. The second experience was when I brought my ham radio to school for the tenth time or so, (this was the first time that I had a problem with staff over the radio) the same security guard walked over and pulled me away from my friends, after telling many faculty what a ham radio was and why I had it they still brought me to the office and confiscated the radio. I later went back and asked in a polite tone what rule I had broken, the principal classified it as a phone then told me it should not be inside the building, I told her that I was outside and then brought inside, she then began to talk about how it could cause them to have interference on their radio (it can't and won't) I asked if they had any recent interference with their radios and she simply turned around and acted hostile to me, she then told me in a tone that felt almost threating that she had made her decision and told me to get out of her office. Parents may say that this is a good school however they treat parents differently because they don't believe that students will do anything to rebel. I hope messages like this show that we will not go easy. I do not recommend or feel that I or my property is safe in or around this school.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Legacy High School. I have a junior and freshman there now. My junior has had many life struggles since childhood, and this school, the band program, and his councilor has been amazing. My kid is successfully a well adjusted kid now, and the programs and guidance were part of this transition. The school is large, yes, but my kids feel there are less social problems because they just hang with their friends, and everyone sticks to their own groups. For the most part, I have been blown away by the teachers. The language arts department is fantastic, and I love how they combine lit and social studies in their curriculum. I really cannot say enough about how happy I am with my kids at Legacy. I am excited about our new principle and feel she will be the best fit for our school! And for our lives personally, the marching band has been the best experience, resulting in the greatest amount of personal growth, for my kids.

I'm very surprised with the past reviews for this school. I am currently a Freshmen to be graduating in 2018. Legacy has been a great school so far with excellent academics and sport programs. I recently read a review talking about the "below average grading scale at Legacy in 2014". Well i just want people to know that this is an Adams 12 grading scale and is not a decision left up to Legacy it self. I personally have had no problems at legacy or with the Adams 12 district in general. I have also never heard of any problems from my peers that are currently in their sophomore and junior years. The teaching is great, teachers really try to make sure their students understand the subject before moving on, and even take time out of their off periods to help students. I give Legacy the highest rating and i would suggest this school to any student considering attending at Legacy High School.

Last modified Legacy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12