Posted December 17, 2009
My kids began in this school in the elementary and really blossomed academically moving forward into the junior high here. It is tough academically, and it should be. It might not be the right choice for parents that are not truly invested in their child's education or for the child that does not want to go the extra mile it takes to succeed here. As far as the comment about the Christian culture below... wow, that's just bogus. Our family is secular, in fact I myself am Athiest. Even though we are not Christians, we still share identical values of family, integrity and a desire to instill academic excellence in our students right alongside those that do profess a religion. We have never experienced any bias or exclusion whatsoever. It's a well-balanced student community from many backgrounds.

Jefferson Charter Academy Junior High School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
My oldest in 11th grade has done rather well at Jefferson Academy. Most of my oldests grades are As and Bs. I do notice he has a larger work load, but I also notice he still has time to mess around at home (example:tv, friends, etc) I think this is because he is rather intelligent. My youngest in junior high struggled this year at Jefferson Academy. This was his first year. They do seem to give a lot of homework in the juinor high as well. My son hated his time this year at Jefferson. He didnt do his homework or make any friends. I dont think this is totally his fault as there is two sides to every pancake. Meaning there are 2 sides to each story. I feel the teachers sort of just gave up on him and failed to encourage him on a lot of levels.

Posted January 09, 2009

Jefferson Charter Academy Junior High School 1

Posted February 14, 2008

Posted May 10, 2007
As in everything what you put into it is what you get out of it. The school is a tool that can help your child succeed, but it will not do your job. Academics and intelligence are valued here, (just like in the real world of work). All around this is a school for those that value an academically enriched education. Since it is a small school most of the students who start will have friends until they graduate. JA is a safe, secure and comfortable operation. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to become involved in the school. Peer pressure is present, but the pressure is to excel and be the best you can be. But as with life Choices have consequences. Great school for those who value, understand and choose success.

Jefferson Charter Academy Junior High School 3

Posted November 30, 2006
My child has attended 7th and 8th grade at Jefferson Academy. While I applaud the concept of high expectations for students, it seems that 'core knowledge' has been confused with 'college prep' which is itself confused with 'lots of homework.' Parents put pressure on the school administration to give out homework even where it becomes just busywork. In the high school, there seems to be a strong emphasis on providing advanced and enrichment opportunities in math and science, but less emphasis on the liberal arts. Also, there is a very Christian culture here, and students who are not Christian can feel excluded. This bias is not the result of administration efforts, but I think it is the result of a self-perpetuating cycle, with the very vocal expression of Christian views by parents and students driving away families who don't share those views.

Posted September 13, 2004
Well done charter managed by a group of caring parents and staff members.

Jefferson Charter Academy Junior High School
9955 Yarrow St, Broomfield, CO  80020
(303) 982-1992
Last modified Jefferson Charter Academy Junior High School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Charter Academy Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top