Public charter
Broomfield, CO

Posted June 13, 2015
Principal is approachable. Teachers are caring. As a parent who experienced the school before the expansion, I am amazed at how well they have handled the growth. Of course there are growing pains as is the case in many institutions. I can't wait to see all my kids learn in the years to come!!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 13, 2015
Sometimes it seems like a bit too much, but it keeps my kids on their toes and keeps them working hard!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2015
Great teachers who are willing to work with parents and students for the best education possible.

Posted April 03, 2015
We transferred from Two Roads Charter School and and we are glad we did. The school has done an excellent job for preparing my children for college. The ACT prep class helped my son and he got a 32 on the ACT. He got into Colorado School of Mines. The college counselor has done an excellent job counseling my children. My son's AP Calculus teacher meets the kids on Sundays. Only a dedicated teacher would do that. JA does not hold back really bright kids; JA encourages them to take courses at Front Range Community College instead of holding them back and making them take dopey classes. It costs them a lot to have the kids take college classes,but, as a parent I am very pleased with the results. All in all, JA encourages academic excellence.

Jefferson Academy Charter School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
Sadly, JA has declined steadily since the retirement of founding Principal Mike Munier. This is no longer a Core Knowledge school, but rather a Common Core school that teaches to the test and throws worksheet after worksheet to the kids. The expansion of the elementary has been a train-wreck at best, and most of the new teachers hired do not understand the concept of a charter school, nor do many of the new families that were enrolled. "Academically rigorous" has been confused with tons of homework, and quality no longer seems to be valued. The board and leadership of the school seem confused and ineffective. JA is simply riding on the coat-tails of its former good reputation. After 7 years invested here, we will be leaving as many families are choosing to do.

Posted February 18, 2014
I have 2 students at Jefferson Academy elementary school. This is a great school with dedicated teachers and a wonderful curriculum. The teachers go above and beyond and they make learning fun. My kids LOVE this school, have made great friends, and have learned so much. With the changes this year that the state has adopted with the common core standards, JA, under the principal's leadership, has ensured that their core knowledge curriculum is supplemented to meet the state standards. Kids are really learning how to learn and problem solve, not just memorize facts. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 24, 2013
Jefferson Academy in my opinion is one of the best charter schools i have the privilege of sending my child to. I like that Jefferson Academy teaches Core of Knowledge.

Posted October 24, 2013
So far I have been very pleased with Jefferson academy this is my son's first year attending. We love his teacher the principle is fantastic. This school has exceeded its reputation in my opinion. The curriculum has achieved my expectation my son comes home happy, excited and ready to learn. He wakes up early ready to return. His reading level has advanced and he is advancing as each day passes. He loves the school lunches, he loves all of his friends, he also loves jag care the daycare program with Jefferson academy. He also absolutly loves the play ground and recess, I love seeing him so enthusiastic about school this makes my heart soar knowing I made the right choice. They have several after school programs to choose from. I love how involved parents are with the school. I love how Jefferson academy listens to my concerns as a parent. They are quick at responding to my concerns. I am proud to have my son in such a wonderful school and look forward to making many more memories here as the years pass. I am all for helping this school earn money for education purposes. Education is the greatest gift we can give to our children. After all they are our future. Live long and prosper

Jefferson Academy Charter School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
The scores are falling down since they changed principle. The school is getting way to big

Posted May 01, 2012
We love JA! We have a 1st and 2nd grader. Our second grader is on the "autism spectrum" and this school's structure has done wonders for him. My nieces and nephew (grades 8,6, and 4) have been here since Kindergarten (Mrs. Ryberg is AWESOME!) and they have excelled in leaps and bounds at JA. The newer principal, MR. NOLAN, is out and visible all the time. He is easy to talk with about any concerns not that we've had that many. The teachers all seem to love working with the kids and are easy to talk to as a parent if needed. Compared to my coworkers, I see more parent involvement at this school which has created a great community for my family. I would obviously recommend this school to others.

9955 Yarrow St, Broomfield, CO  80021
Last modified Jefferson Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top