Buena Vista, CO

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2013
We have been very pleased with Avery Parson's for the last 2 years. But with any school, too many parents rely solely on the school for their child's success. A child's success in ANY school really depends on parental involvement.

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
Where do I begin with the problems with this school? Let's start with the principal-Stefani Franklin. She has no control over the school, she promotes "clicks" with teachers in the school and if you do not walk the way she wants you to she will not renew you for the next year. There is no safety and security at the school. You can walk around the school yard and no one will ask you your business. A lot of times I have walked right though the lobby and no one was there to greet me or verify my presence. There are teachers that leave thier outside doors propped open for air-again not enforced by the principal. My child has been bullied & manipulated by other children for 2 years, when she makes a valid complaint about it she gets in trouble for calling that child a "bully". There are students that a very physical w/eachother on the playground and in the school hallways that never get paid attention to. There is no consistency in discipline and not enough supervision on the playground during recesses. Many of these topics have been brought up to the principal and her response has been "so what". I can't wait until school is let out-my child will not be returning next year.

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 3

Posted January 11, 2011
This is an average school but with very little opportunity for children's growth and expansion especially if you are a gifted child. I have made arrangements to move my daughter to Darren Patterson Christian Academy due to its curriculum, child to teacher ratio, and opportunities for gifted children.

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 0

Posted January 14, 2010
We are new to the area and have found APE to be a very supportive and hands on school

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Our school is very hands on. the student to teacher ratio is amazing, and when children fall behind, there are teachers put in place to spend one on one time with them until they have advanced to the correct stage. Teachers hug kids in the hall and everyone knows everyone. There is also a security program in place to protect our children from predators and violence entering our school. This is done in conjunction with the officers at the reformatory as well as our local police and sheriff's offices. No one is permitted to enter school grounds unless checked by front of the school staff. There is a zero tolerance policy on school ground prohibiting anyone from smoking on or near the school grounds. I feel comfort knowing where my children are during the day.

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2009

Avery/Parsons Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2004
- a former student

Avery/Parsons Elementary School
516 East Main Street, Buena Vista, CO  81211
Last modified Avery/Parsons Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avery/Parsons Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top