Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Ellicott Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2016
My kids have gone to Ellicott for 3 years and they have been absolutely fantastic! All my children have exceed and are getting great grades. My middle child as having a hard time reading and his 1st grade teacher decided to tutor him after school with a few other students from her class. He has made great improvement and is doing so much better. We like how small the school is and all the staff knows the kids names. I have not had a single issue with this school. They have done such a great job with my kids. My youngest who is in kindergarten is so far above the other kids all due to her teacher and they love going to school. This school doesn't deserve such a low rating. It's great and with us being active duty military they have been to a lot of schools.

Ellicott Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2016
This school is absolutely not going to have your child's best interest in mind. Up until this point all we have heard from the teacher was how much better our child was doing. But not once was it relayed that they where on the way toward retention. Now only HALF way through the year both the principle and the teacher want to write off our child and make a decision to hold our child back. How can a teacher make those type of decisions when there is still so much that can be done? Not only has the teacher been extremely non supportive and very unprofessional with us, but the principle nor vice is anywhere to be found. I have made repeated attempts to try and get ahold of either one to talk about a better way ahead or at least options to help our child with no answers or call backs. This school deserves much lower than a 3 when it is writing off students half a year in and giving up on them. I hope if you are reading this you take the matter seriously as I am not fluffing up the story at all. If you have a child who is a rock star than your experience will be different, but if you know your child may need some help.....don't count on it.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted February 25, 2016
The front office people are nice and always friendly. The pre-k teachers are awesome, cannot speak for any other grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted February 25, 2016
They do the minimum..... so something is better than nothing right? But I am convinced it is not enough given this year over 25% of my child's class is up for retention.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted February 25, 2016
One page a day of math when she is failing in writing..... makes sense right?

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
My child gets this from us, not a teacher who tells her she is going to fail.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
Repeated occasions my child has been bullied by another student, and when she goes to the teacher she is than disciplined by that teacher for "bugging her".

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
If they did they would not be willing to sit by and watch students fail with a philosophy of "we'll just hold them back and get'em next year".

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
Complete lack of professionalism in staff I have met. Hard to develop such important traits in students when it is not within the staff themselves.

Ellicott Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2013
We moved here from Texas in 2006 and my kids have loved this school more than anything. We have met some great teachers, parents, and kids here. There is nothing like a nice country school. My teenager would fight us all the time about getting up and going to school in Texas, but since we came here he's up before anyone. I also am glad that I don't have to worry about "teen problems" here like at most schools. Mostly everyone knows everyone, and were all like family. Plus you can't beat the 3 day weekends... every weekend!!!

399 South Ellicott Highway, Calhan, CO  80808
Last modified Ellicott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.