Washington Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
Terrible School. Mr Zamarripa is the principal 2013 school year. Mr Cash is my sons 5th work was under par and would not be accepted. I called the teacher and he declined to give me further instruction on how to do the assignment correctly during a window where grades could be reviewed. The teacher declined to give my child any further instruction stating he had already told the class what to do. Mr Cash reported my son should have consequences for not doing a good assignment, and getting a zero would be the result. Very punitive. Mr Zamarripa met only to state he would support whatever the teacher said. This, I feel is very weak leadership. Mr.Zamarripa must just want to be "buddies" with his staff. And this type of pleaser personaility is a great way of not listening. Unfortunately Ive now spoken with 2 other moms who pulled their children out of Washington. We had an advocate attend the meeting and her advice was to avoid this school. She's had a lot of experience with them. Washington is inflexible and I feel bad for my child for subjecting him to this school.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
My 2 grandchildren went there and they took great interest in helping them succeed.

Posted September 18, 2009
My two children and my two grandchildren all attended Washington School. The teachers and staff were great for both generations.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
My son went there 8 yrs ago and it was a great school for him to get his foundation. I have heard from other parents with their children going there now, that it's still a wonderful school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Why do you love Washington Elementary School? the admistrations and teachers make this school a great school for the kids and parents

Posted February 13, 2008
Wahsington Elementary is a great school with a very eclectic base of Students and Teachers. They have an excellent special ed department and encourage parent envolvment. Both of my children go there on choice pass and love it.

Posted January 10, 2006

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2004

Washington Elementary School
606 North 9th St, Canon City, CO  81212
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top