Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers that we have had thus far have been extraordinary. I couldn't ask for more.

Was highly skeptical of enrolling our kids here based solely on this website rating and test scores. I'm glad I dug deeper! Despite this info I kept hearing over and over from parents with children here that it was an amazing school with amazing teachers. In the end we trusted the actual horses mouth and I couldn't be happier. Bottom line we are THRILLED with this school, they have aced all of my "mom" requirements, aced my learning expectations. I can't say enough about the environment and the Artful Learning curriculum. It is truly an unprecedented avenue of teaching that is so engaging and creative the kids actually LOVE learning the material. It isn't plain art and doodling all day, which is kind of what I was envisioning, it is purely a method of delivering the SAME state material as all other schools with the SAME state requirements in a manner that the kids actually retain and enjoy. Imagine that. It couldn't be a more perfect fit for my active boys who would likely struggle in a rigid typical school environment, or in a charter school environment (which we highly considered). The kids are thriving and learning leaps and bounds more than their prior preschool/school environment. The teachers are so loving and caring and EXPERIENCED. They are passionate about what they do which translates to the best delivery of information to my kiddos. The administration caters to a "small town" type of feel, they know all the kids by name, they recognize you when you walk in, they CARE about the students and their success. I was tempted to enroll them in one of the newer fancier schools in the neighborhood, I assumed this was a better place for my kids, top of the line. I was so wrong. Bigger isn't always better, 800 students in an elementary is crazy, half the teachers don't even know one another, there is surely no "family" environment. Meadow View has been a pleasure, the parents, the teachers, the involvement of community. We were just given admission to one of the neighborhood charters and have passed on it. We won't be leaving MDVE any time soon! Highly recommend it to others out there who are researching just like I was and questioning the quality. You seriously can't go wrong.

My daughter is in her second year at Meadow View and we could not be happier with our experience. Her work is challenging, and she is learning larger concepts than I have seen in other children her age. She LOVES going to school each day and can't wait to tell me about what she learned that day when she comes home. She had some behavioral issues at her last school, and those have completely disappeared as they have a straightforward system of consequences for behavior, as well as positive reinforcement for good behavior.

This is our daughter's second year at Meadow View. We moved here from Las Vegas because of the school systems and have been very pleased. My daughter hated Kindergarten in Nevada and her teacher made sure she hated reading as well. At Meadow View, she has been able to excel and learn to love school and her teachers. The Artful learning program is perfect for my daughter as she loves art and being able to incorporate that in to her learning has been wonderful. I have volunteered in her classrooms both years and I am very happy with how her teachers run their rooms. They allow the kids to be kids, but reign them in when necessary. The curriculum this year is tough, but the kids are enjoying it. I am glad we chose this neighborhood and school to raise our daughter in.

Meadow View's teaching model is exceptional. It's very hands on and experiential. My boys have learned so much since we've moved here and they LOVE going to school now. The teachers give 110% and are always willing to have a conversation with me.

My son began attending Meadowview in second grade. After 2 years in this school I can say that he has learned NOTHING. He has been bullied and mistreated on more than one occasion by both staff and students. When we were forced to transfer to this school I was anxious because my son has some social/emotional issues that we have worked hard to help him overcome. His previous school was wonderful and his teachers were very responsive and informative in regards to his daily needs. I assumed incorrectly that the teachers at Meadowview would share this teaching model. I was WRONG. When transferring we were promised a transition meeting would happen. I called and called and got nowhere with Meadowview. I finally reached out to higher powers and we had a meeting with the principle, the director of special ed services for the county, and his new teacher. Everyone praised how great she was and that our son had to the right teacher. Again WRONG. This teacher graded on a curve. Kids would get 5 out of 20 right on a test and that was great because most of the kids were getting fewer correct. How is this good? That says to me you are poor teacher. In our so called transition meeting the principle dismissed all of our concerns with our child who was a flight risk. “He’s been perfect. I don’t see a problem so we won’t worry about it until it is a problem”. 4 months later we get notice that not only is it a problem but it apparently has been a problem for the past 4 months and now my child is behind the other kids and needs an IEP and testing for the SED program. By the time all this is done the year is almost over and we can only start getting help in the next grade. All year I get nothing from these people about my son’s behavior because they really just want you to think it is all great, so they can collect the money for having you child in their school. In his second year at Meadowview I again ask for updates and receive NONE. I have to ask and ask then I finally get feedback. Even at his IEP meetings everything is glowing and great but then you try to move your child from this school and suddenly he is a severe special needs case? Stay away from this school if you can. The teachers and the principle are not held accountable for your child’s education or lack thereof. I honestly do not think any of the children in either of his classrooms learned anything.

I love this school! Meadow View teaches in a way that all kids can be successful. My kids love their teachers and the administrators. They are excited to go to school everyday to see what the day brings.

Meadow View has a good core group of teachers and parents that make the school a positive learning environment for most students. The Artful Learning curriculum is fantastic, but it is unevenly applied through grade levels, as it relies on individual teachers to create the units and not all teachers are created equal. Student safety is a big issue and the number of incidents seems to grow every year. Their policies for handling problem kids are not working, and there is no transparency to parents when something happens. A child can be seriously threatened and the parents are not informed. I agree that they need more engagement for gifted kids, because there is precious little differentiated instruction now. The Principal really is awful. It isn't a difference in style, she does not have what it takes to run a school. She doesn't supervise her staff evenly, she has almost no engagement with parents or students, and is unprofessional and does her best to disappear when issues come up. My family is struggling this year with the decision to move to a school outside of our neighborhood. This school has many positives but having an incompetent leader is huge problem.

When we moved to Douglas County, we took our time deciding between all the options this school district has to offer. After touring our neighborhood school, Meadow View, we knew we didn't have to look any further. We are beyond pleased with our boys' experience. The school has high academic standards and the Artful Learning model means that the school takes a whole brain, whole child approach to education. They definitely don't 'teach to a test' at this school. The staff is very caring and our boys are very happy here. A few of the negative reviews on this site focus on the principal. While I don't see her out-and-about when I pick up my sons, I have found her to be very involved with the PTO and the School Advisory Committee. I think perhaps she has a different leadership style than what others are accustomed to, but I don't think it means she is any less concerned about the welfare and success of her students. The involved parents I know seem to really like her.

We moved here this year, our district school had a horrible reputation, so we chose Meadow View- 30 min away for us. I am appalled at the 5th grade curriculum. First of all, my 10 yr old son was sent home with a CUT AND PASTE worksheet on the "hard g, vs the soft g"!!!! My daughter mastered this in Kindergarten!! There is NO homework other than constantly doing flashcards for basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division that they have to do on the computer, get 100% 3x in each, before they are allowed to move on. First they have 3s per prob, then have to repeat the whole process in 2 s per prob, then again repeat the whole process in 1.5 sec! A total waste of time and absolute absurdity in the 5th grade! They have yet to start any science- this is still unclear to me...and finally, the principal is a ghost- never there. I have tried 2x to make appts. with her to discuss the situation. The staff assure me they will set up a time, and yet never call back, Instead I'm shuffled back to teacher- about my concerns, after I have already spoken to her. Kids are not grouped by ability- a detriment to all kids! I'm hoping to move him for this next semester. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Last modified Meadow View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.