Castle Rock, CO
Before care: Yes

Flagstone Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2013
If you believe class size doesn't matter...... Then you are of the same mind set as the current administration (and they have no problem telling you that "there is no research to support that class size makes a difference"). The parent of the 2nd grader below, made that comment before the school decided to fire a teacher and have only 3 sections of 2nd and 3rd grades with class sizes approaching or at 30 kids. This is our 4th new admin team in as many years and they may prove to be the worst. The principal's primary objective is to further her career at all costs. The admin intern was the schools IRT for several years but the district eliminated that position en lieu of a full-time ESL which probably led to her current position. The RTI elimination means that now kids get next to nothing when it comes to being pulled out. In addition to the admins lack of experience and perpetuating personal agendas, they have failed to provide the school with the stability it so desperately needs after several years of upset. However, the teachers at Flagstone are phenomenal! We have lost a handful due to turmoil at the school and the district, the ones who are riding it out are absolute gems!

Flagstone Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
This is my daughter's foruth year, PreK, Kinder, 1St and now 2nd. I was a bit disappointed this past year, her teacher, now retired, seemed a bit vacuous and distracted and the class size was too large, but my daughter did well. This year the school has tons on new books and materials and class sizes are way down. Here 2nd grade class is 20 kids and here new teacher is a spitfire. I think this will be the best year yet.

Posted August 19, 2013
My whole childhood was basically here. About 6 years. 1-6 grade. It was such a friendly, amazing school! Except, my year (2011/2012) was probably the worst. We never got to go to outdoor ed, which was the only thing I looked forward to all these years at being at Flagstone. To this day I feel really left out, considering my older siblings all went. My first grade teacher was quite mean, but she never continued teaching after that. Then it was all up-hill from there! I had the best second/6th grade teachers imaginable. My music teacher ( Ms.G ) was the best music teacher ever! Although, during 6th, she did get really rude, and quite mean, it was all favorites and such, ect ect. I guess my rep was one of those funny touble makers. But my teachers still loved me (: The art teachers kept changing, although, they found great replacements! It was Mrs.Garamone, then the current one now. They continue to stay in my mind, because I was always the Art teachers favorite! Both have given me gifts before I left, or before the teacher left. Mr.Mizones was probably the best teacher I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Go to this school. I HIGHLY recomend. Great childhood along with learning

Flagstone Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2013
Poor leadership. Poor teaching with thirty children to one teacher with no teachers aid or assistant to help. With all the noise of thirty children how can your child learn in this environment? Tons of fundraisers, provided tones of top box, and why can they not afford an assistant to at minimum float between classes? Where is the money going? Why is their a high theft rate at this school?

Posted August 27, 2011
Love Flagstone, so far the Pre K has been wonderful. Miss Kelly was vey nice caring teacher, resourceful and the helpful, the Staff is wonderful. My kids loves Flagstone and so do I. I don't know about the leadership yet so I gave it a 4 star.

Posted October 13, 2010
My son is a first grader at Flagstone. He had a great Kindergarten experience last year and we give Erin Zadigian an A+ for her talent and caring. The teachers and staff at Flagstone have gone above and beyond to help my child succeed. Our school was recently rated in the top 25 elementary schools by 5280 Magazine, so they must be doing something right! I'm looking forward to many more years and great experiences at Flagstone. I'll be doing my part to help out and contribute as much as I can to our programs during these rough economic times.

Posted September 07, 2010
My 3 sons have all thrived at Flagstone. Thanks to Sue and DCSD for the safe learning environment they provide.

Flagstone Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2010
I had two children enrolled in this school for 6 months and had to send them out of state to attend a safer school. My children were verbally bullied by their classmates which escalated to physical bullying before we pulled them out. Both children went to the administration on several occasions and nothing was done to protect them. The bullying resulted in both of my previously honor roll students becoming "C" students in the short time they attended Flagstone.

Flagstone Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2009
My daughter attended kindergarten at this school for six weeks. We pulled her out and moved her to a charter school after it became clear that the kindergarten program really amounted to a warehouse for five-year olds. Nothing my daughter had not already learned in a private preschool the previous year was introduced. In fact, all my daughter did for six weeks - every day - was color a printout that included one letter on it. There was no significant work on math, no emphasis on phonics, no introduction of any basic science concepts, no real emphasis on behavioral expectations. At the time there were 28 (!) kids in my daughter's kindergarten class, with one teacher and no assistant present every day. I'm told that kindergarten class sizes at Flagstone will now exceed 30 kids. That is too large.

Posted October 24, 2008
I have nothing but good things to say about my child's experience at Flagstone. He had wonderful teachers who knew him well, pushed him to excel, and celebrated his uniqueness. The administrators have always been fair, knowledgeable, and visionary about what they believe children need.

Flagstone Elementary School
104 Lovington St, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Flagstone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flagstone Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top