Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 26, 2015
Great staff! Great music and art programs. My older children went to Timber Trail when it first opened in 2004 and many of those original teachers are still there. My little one loves going to school and she is learning! My only complaint about this school is the TTEA harrassment for fund raisers and pushing election agendas.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 26, 2015
My daughter loves her teachers, and so do I. They are very responsive, and caring, and give my daughter work at an appropriate level. She is ahead of the class, so she gets some additional challenges to keep her moving, and her teacher has given me great recommendations for additional activities she can do to keep her moving forward.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 26, 2015
My first grader comes home with a homework packet every Monday that is to be returned on Friday. Yep! Homework in First Grade. It's not a lot, but there is math, reading, spelling, writing... These "parent reviews" claiming that their kids don't have any homework and not getting any communication from the teachers are NOT from this school. If a teacher is non-responsive to a parent, the Principal wouldn't tolerate it. She is a great Principal.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 26, 2015
I witness several acts of kindness from the kids, and there are a few special needs kids in the school who I see being treated very well by the other students.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 26, 2015
My daughter's behavior and caring for her school friends demonstrates that she has clearly been taught about honesty, integrity and fairness in school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2015
Most of the teachers do teach and uphold those standards. I have a son who found others cheating and it was dealt with.

Timber Trail Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2015
There are some exceptional teachers there. I'm not sure why I paid for an agenda to sign everyday because my kids had no homework. I'm not sure what was being taught because I saw very very little work come home. I think project based learning is a joke. I would like to see just one science or social studies test come home. Let's be honest 4 th graders even college students have a hard time working together. My other concern is the PTO spending is out of control. Money does not grow on trees.

Timber Trail Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
In reading these reviews, it's like some of you are talking about some other school--not the TTE on Castle Pines Pkwy in Douglas County. Here's my experience at TTE--classes with 30+ kids, no homework pretty much ever, no communication from teachers regarding what's being covered or tests/projects/etc. The trouble isn't just an issue with the teacher. The class size makes it pretty impossible to help anyone excel--but it particularly penalizes the brightest students. I suppose I might feel differently if I just trusted the school to do a good job. I firmly believe that it is important to have active parental interaction during the educational process to support the learning. It is through being informed about what is going on in the classroom that a parent has the opportunity to work one-on-one with their child to solidify the learning that takes place at school. It is at home that we have an opportunity to clear up any leftover things that aren't learned solidly in class. This doesn't happen at TTE. They pretend that it does, when clearly it doesn't. I guess that having a truly exceptional school before TTE has ruined the facade that TTE portrays to the unsuspecting parent.

Posted May 17, 2014
My son attended Timber Trail for a little more than a semester before extenuating circumstances moved us to a new area. My son's 1st grade teacher was absolutely phenomenal. I am also a teacher (different school), and I loved so many of her ideas that I implemented them in my own classroom. She was creative, compassionate, and organized. Already above grade level upon entering the school, my son's math and writing skills improved significantly in his short time there. The office staff was very friendly and seemed to know every student by name. The principal, Michele Radke, was incredibly professional, caring, and compassionate. Ms. Radke made me feel so welcome in her office, I felt like I could talk with her about pretty much anything. I also met many parents at students' birthday parties, and I did not think they were "snobby" at all (as an earlier post claims). The school grounds are immaculate and the school environment is welcoming and warm. I cannot speak highly enough about Timber Trail. My son's new school is rated a "10" on this website, but I still reminisce about his time at TTE.

Posted May 14, 2014
After a not-so-great experience at a nearby charter school for K-1st, we anxiously moved our daughter to TTE for 2nd-5th grades. This was the best decision we could have made!! Our daughter was given the extra help that she needed and was also challenged in the areas she showed a need for. The teachers and staff are amazing, professional and have given our daughter more than an outstanding education. I can't say enough good things about this school! Our daughter is in her last week at TTE before moving to 6th grade at RHMS and it's a bittersweet end for us. Thank you TTE for doing a wonderful job teaching our children, helping them to be kind leaders, harboring confidence and for preparing them for their next chapter.

690 Castle Pines Parkway, Castle Rock, CO  80108
Last modified Timber Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.