Posted May 24, 2014
In reading these reviews, it's like some of you are talking about some other school--not the TTE on Castle Pines Pkwy in Douglas County. Here's my experience at TTE--classes with 30+ kids, no homework pretty much ever, no communication from teachers regarding what's being covered or tests/projects/etc. The trouble isn't just an issue with the teacher. The class size makes it pretty impossible to help anyone excel--but it particularly penalizes the brightest students. I suppose I might feel differently if I just trusted the school to do a good job. I firmly believe that it is important to have active parental interaction during the educational process to support the learning. It is through being informed about what is going on in the classroom that a parent has the opportunity to work one-on-one with their child to solidify the learning that takes place at school. It is at home that we have an opportunity to clear up any leftover things that aren't learned solidly in class. This doesn't happen at TTE. They pretend that it does, when clearly it doesn't. I guess that having a truly exceptional school before TTE has ruined the facade that TTE portrays to the unsuspecting parent.

Posted May 17, 2014
My son attended Timber Trail for a little more than a semester before extenuating circumstances moved us to a new area. My son's 1st grade teacher was absolutely phenomenal. I am also a teacher (different school), and I loved so many of her ideas that I implemented them in my own classroom. She was creative, compassionate, and organized. Already above grade level upon entering the school, my son's math and writing skills improved significantly in his short time there. The office staff was very friendly and seemed to know every student by name. The principal, Michele Radke, was incredibly professional, caring, and compassionate. Ms. Radke made me feel so welcome in her office, I felt like I could talk with her about pretty much anything. I also met many parents at students' birthday parties, and I did not think they were "snobby" at all (as an earlier post claims). The school grounds are immaculate and the school environment is welcoming and warm. I cannot speak highly enough about Timber Trail. My son's new school is rated a "10" on this website, but I still reminisce about his time at TTE.

Posted May 14, 2014
After a not-so-great experience at a nearby charter school for K-1st, we anxiously moved our daughter to TTE for 2nd-5th grades. This was the best decision we could have made!! Our daughter was given the extra help that she needed and was also challenged in the areas she showed a need for. The teachers and staff are amazing, professional and have given our daughter more than an outstanding education. I can't say enough good things about this school! Our daughter is in her last week at TTE before moving to 6th grade at RHMS and it's a bittersweet end for us. Thank you TTE for doing a wonderful job teaching our children, helping them to be kind leaders, harboring confidence and for preparing them for their next chapter.

Posted April 20, 2014
We have been at Timber Trail for three years and have been impressed by the commitment of the staff as well as the broad offering of enrichment activities (science club, book club, lego enginereering, running club, choir, band and others). In addition, the TTEA (pta) does a great job with both fun activities and fundraising. We are happy to have our kids at Timber Trail and to be part of the TTE community.

Posted April 08, 2014
What a huge mistake! We moved from out of state and chose Timber Trail based solely on test scores. They don't challenge kids. It's like the teachers just get by with what they have to teach. There is no communication between teacher and parent. There is no way a child can excel at this school.

Posted April 04, 2014
Huge classes, no homework, no science...go elsewhere if your child is smart. We moved from out of state in January & chose where to live based on school reviews. What a disappointment. My 4th grader who was in the gifted program at her old school doesn't want to go to school anymore. She has 30 kids in her class. She never comes home with any homework. Consequently, I have no way to reinforce her learning. There's no contact from the teachers regarding upcoming tests & test reviews, etc. At the same time, my previously straight A student doesn't seem to be doing well, but it's hard to address when she never brings any work home except a bad grade here and there. With no prior information on what they are working on, it's impossible to support the educational process. Giving them one star was being generous.

Posted June 28, 2013
We have been very impressed with Timber Trail. The teachers are engaging, motivated, warm and very qualified. Also, the leadership is open minded, flexible and responsive. Next, the extra curricular programs are becoming more pronounced thanks in part to a wonderful parent/teacher organization. Finally, the office staff is helpful and friendly. Overall, a wonderful environment that our family is thankful to be a part of.

Posted June 14, 2013
We moved here 2 years ago for the school and we could not be happier. My 3 children have thrived under the leadership of a great principal and the attention of wonderful classroom teachers.

Posted September 14, 2012
We have two students at this school with two very different teaching needs. Timber trail has done a fantastic job of meeting our children's needs and fostering a wonderful, caring, and great academic environment. Our children are enthusiastic about school and their teachers.

Posted February 07, 2012
My wife and I have been very happy with this school. Our daughter has been attending TTE since half of 2nd grade and she is now in 4th. When we arrived at TTE she was behind grade wise and holding her back was discussed. Luckily we did not hold her back because thanks to the extra help given to her by the TTE staff she is now caught up.

Timber Trail Elementary School
690 West Castle Pines Parkway, Castle Rock, CO  80108
Last modified Timber Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timber Trail Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top