Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal is losing many good teachers, they ARE going to other Douglas County schools. This is not a DCSD issue, this is an issue with the leadership at TTE. There are numerous "excuses" from Ms. Radke as to why these teachers are not returning for the next school year. I wish it was her that was not returning, we need a change.

Pay attention... Look at the dates of the reviews, there must have been a meeting the beginning of October 2016, to push positive rating and comments. Then look again at the entrees for 2015, again a large group of positive comments on October 26th. This is the start of open enrollment. 11 positive reviews on February 24, 2017. Wow, that is more than any other year has for a total. Let's make real honest reviews here! Read TTEA meeting minutes from 2-13-17, Pricipal Report. Radke specifically stated to put good reviews on this site along with another website. This school should be rated a zero, due to the principal and the building resource teacher. Their communication skills are horrible to say the least. Good luck here if your kid is anything but run of the mill. Average kids get by, just doing the daily grind. Have an advance kid and there is no plan to keep them challenged. Especially since the students are only taught to state testing levels. Have a below average kid and they stay stuck there by being grouped in a lower level learning program. I have a kid in each situation, so I am commenting on first hand experiences. I also volunteer in the classroom, I see what is happening or should I say lack of what is being taught. I want out, but the wait list for others schools is over 100 for the grades my kids are in. The student count is currently very low, so they will take all and any open enrollments. That explains the lower number of students in the classroom. Beware, this is not a place you want your kids to be a part of.

Develops character: Disagree

How can this be happening with the principal they have in place...

They teach to all levels of students. I very much disagree with a previous post. No one has told me to write this review, I am just happy with my experience. Smaller numbers if that is true (not for me) is a result of the continued building of schools in the area more than anything else. What I find great about this school is that this is one of the few public school that reaches out to the above average and gifted (as well as to special needs). They are actively working to promote programming in these areas. My child is part of the prior and I am very satisfied if not excited about what I see. They are pulling from top Universities around the country such as William and Mary to implement programming for these above average children. The numbers of kids in these programs is encouraging too, in my experience. Not just one or two kids. This program is growing and I would recommend a look if you fit this category. Call the school and see yourself.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

When someone was not treating my child as I thought, I reached out and the principal called me back and took action. Ms. Radke has an open communication approach with parents. She gets involved and I believe the school does a good job here. They have some issues now and then but the kids are all good kids as I experience.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This is one of the few public school that reaches out to the above average and gifted (as well as to special needs). They are actively working to promote programming in these areas. My child is part of that and I am very satisfied if not excited about what I see.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Principal Ms. Radke is very hands on and connects with the parents. It is a stable school atmosphere. She has been the principal for 10 years running and promotes a healthy atmosphere with good communication to parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers are approachable and work to the needs of the student.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Kids are challenged in school and mine does well on national testing as well. Homework is moderate to low.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

My children have not experienced nor said they've ever witnessed bullying. The opposite, all three consistently say kids are nice, especially at lunch and at recess. My husband is a watch dog dad and has never seen bullying.

Last modified Timber Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.