Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My kids love the school here and the teachers really seem to care about their kids. The new (newer) principal (Neville) is very involved and participative. The way I see it, you'll get out of a school what you put in it. So many parents are taking their kids to the local charter schools and I just don't personally understand why. Seems to me that Soaring Hawk is a better school - but I can only base this on my own experience.

We have four kids that have attended or currently attend Soaring Hawk. We could not be happier with each of our kids experience. Great teachers and a wonderful leadership team.

Our son attended for a year and a half and thrived at this school. They went above and beyond to make sure he was learning and his needs were being addressed. Both his kindergarten and first grade teachers were attentive and very communicative when it came to letting us know how he was doing to progressing.

My daughter started full day kindergarten last fall and I have nothing but good things to say about SHE. We were a bit wary to have our child go to our neighborhood school. The "you have to send her to a Charter School" kept buzzing in our ears. However, we have been so pleased with our decision to send her to SHE. She's thriving in this positive environment. Her teacher is exceptional and attentive to our concerns. I can't believe how much she has learned in just the 6 months that she's been in the school. She's reading and doing basic math. I did not expect her to be learning this much. She is also making friends and loves the socialization. The parents at the school seem very interested and involved as well. I would definitely recommend this neighborhood school without hesitation!

My kids have attended Soaring Hawk for 3 years now. I am also concerned about the emphasis on testing. When your child finishes the test they have to put their head down and do nothing (as are the rules the teachers have been given) which seems a little abusive to me. I also agree with the other parents that have mentioned class sizes. These classes are large and if you can find a school with smaller class sizes then you are better off. There are A FEW teachers that stand out. They are excellent teachers and are great at making the classroom feel like a safe, happy environment. Unfortunately when you do have a teacher that nobody wants and your child gets stuck with them, then the Principal is unwilling to let you switch your child to a class that would be healthier for your child. The Principle told me directly that he believes the teachers over students so if your child has never had an issue with any teacher before and has no issues at home and then suddenly there is a problem, then they will assume your child is lying. I give this school a 1 star mainly because of that attitude. It worries me that he's not protecting or concerned about the children.

My daughter went here for 3 years and until i realized how lacking their curriculum is. My son went here and another school for kindergarden. With that comparison, SHE is LACKING in educating students. I was so disappointed because I wish I knew and researched sooner.

The school has a tendency to circle the legal wagons around all issues. Instead of acting on behalf of the students, they act in the best interests of the schools and its' parents. We were very disappointed in the deteriorating leadership and quality of the educational experience. Creativity and compassion were lacking.

Horrible! Really an embarrassment to Douglas County Dchool District. The school just does not care. There are so many parent clicks and they don't welcome anyone new. The school all around has fallen apart. I'm not surprised they scored a poor 7.

We had high hopes for this school, but the teacher our son had really let us down. She refused to see he was advanced for his age, and insisted he needed to be held back instead. She stuck him in a corner with the IEP kids instead and he wasted away. We finally moved out of the area to escape these nightmare schools in the meadows (all three of them have female principals who 'phone consult' with each other on 'certain students' so there's no clean slate in the meadows at all. Now we live in a much better feeder area and our son is on an ALP (advanced learning plan) and taking courses 2 levels ahead of his grade. He's never had on issue since we got out of that area. Frankly, all Meadows schools stink with overpopulation (up to 30 a class) and gossipy administration and teachers. Our experience was a nightmare for our son. Thrilled to have left Soaring Hawk!

We have had an amazing experience with Soaring Hawk Elementary over the past 2 years. This year the school earned an "A" on the Colorado school grades report which is just icing on the cake. Our son attended full day kindergarten (2011-2012) and is now in the 1st grade which is a "loop class" so he will have the same teacher when he goes into 2nd grade. If you've never heard about looping, google it and decide for yourself. I am not sure if they offer looped classes for all grades so you'll want to ask the staff about it. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our son's teacher. She is so kind and patient with the children and she treats them as if they were her own. She excels at getting the kids excited about learning and you can tell that she truly loves what she does. We are very thankful to have her as our son's teacher for 2 years. Our son also attends the school's before and after school program. The ladies that run the program are fantastic. Every week they have special activities planned and they even offer homework help in the afternoons. I wish every child had access to a school like Soaring Hawk. They're definitely doing something right!

Last modified Soaring Hawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.