Castle View High School 3

Posted April 16, 2014
Castle view is a very fast school the teachers can be amazing but we also have some that dont care. If you need help this is not the school for you. I am a sophomore and i honestly cant wait to move from this school. For being an academic school they really dont care if you need help or not. It use to be an amazing school a few years ago and no it has gone down hill so fast

Posted March 25, 2014
This is probably one of the worst schools my daughter has ever attended. The teachers are not helpful and neither is administration. If your child is not gifted or just needs some extra help, forget about it. It's either keep up or get left behind and forgotten. I will be taking her out before the end of the year.

Posted September 09, 2012
I am a sophomore at CVHS, I had to transfer here because my family moved from Parker, where I originally attended Chaparral HS, to Castle Rock. I didn't enjoy Chaparral very much, but I enjoyed it much more than I enjoy CV! Many of the students are rude, self-centered or dress provocatively. That's normal at really any high school and it was normal at Chaparral but at CV, it's out of control. Also, the school does many unnecessary events (such as too many assemblies and too many pep rallies) that either shorten the days or just completely take away what we should be doing: learning! I have been here since February 2012, and I haven't like CV since about three weeks after I arrived. It is not easy to make friends, especially if you did not attend Castle Rock Middle School. Many of former CRMS students are not open to making new friends. Overall, this is not a good school. I will be transferring to Douglas County HS after winter break, where it will hopefully be better than CV. Yes, high school, in general, sucks. But it's worse if you attend CVHS and you didn't come from CRMS first. Also, teachers are unhelpful (and shouldn't be allowed to teach) and the academics are terrible.

Castle View High School 3

Posted August 04, 2012
Its okay. I went to another high school that was better. The students here do drugs just like any school but the teachers are less friendly here unlike the other school. If you want your grade to be great, you have to keep bugging the teacher to help you, they won't offer you the help. The staff is friendly for the most part.

Posted November 30, 2011
My two daughters attend CVHS. We moved here from California last year, with the quest for a great public school one of our major motivators. CVHS is just that - a great school. I am not only pleased, but often impressed by so many things: the challenging assignments, the dedicated teachers, the beautiful facilities, the academy system, the school spirit, the opportunites for internships and the connection of the parent community. Go Sabercats!

Posted September 09, 2011
This school is so awesome! I am involved in Mr.Corr's theater class, and it rocks. I am a sophmore this year, and Dr. Calhoun is the best principal ever. I love this school. Everyone is so nice, and the teachers take time to get to know their students.

Castle View High School 4

Posted November 20, 2009
I am very happy with CVHS. I have two kids that have or are attending CV. The classes are challenging. The teachers are outstanding. They really do care about the kids. Dr. Gates is an excellent principal. Every event, whether it is sports or the arts, I have seen him there showing his support and greeting everyone with great enthusiasm. Most of the staff are excellent. I can only think of one teacher that was difficult to talk to. It is good to see the extra curricular activities take a turn for the better from the arts to sports. I am a little worried about some of the sports programs though. I hope the Activities Director makes sure it is a strong program just like a lot of the other sports programs ie: football, soccer, lacrose, softball, etc.

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted April 23, 2009
CVHS is an outstanding high school. I have a sophomore attending and will have a freshman next year as well. I am extremely pleased with the teachers and the staff. The curriculum is fantastic and the academic levels are very high. We are fortunate to have CVHS in our community and for our children.

Posted March 14, 2009
Castle View is the greatest school in the world because of the staff, the students as well as the principal. Beyond that the academic and extracurricular programs are amazing! CV rocks!

Castle View High School
5254 North Meadows Dr, Castle Rock, CO  80109
Last modified Castle View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle View High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.