Castle Rock, CO

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 22, 2015
Very communicative! I know what my son has been up to before I even pick him up from school.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 22, 2015
I personally don't think that grade schoolers should have homework. I didn't have homework until middle school, and I am still an intelligent woman. I find that homework leaves very little time for extra-curricular activities and family time. School gets out at 4, and squeezing in sports or music + dinner + homework + showers, resonable bed time, etc., leaves no time to be a kid and relax with family.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 22, 2015
I agree, but didn't say "strongly agree", because there have been a few times that I thought my son could have been held to a greater accountability regarding quality of work that he turned in.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2015
I get the sense that the teachers genuinely care for every student. They do not rush to judgement, and exude compassion.

Posted May 04, 2015
I couldn't be more happy! The principal is very involved in day-to-day activities, staff is very friendly and helpful, teachers are attentive and communicative and families are very involved. I feel that the school strives to meet every child's individual learning needs. Bravo, Clear Sky! My only criticism is the barrage of fundraisers. However, every organization, whether school or otherwise, seems to be on a fundraising rampage. I prefer to donate money (the recipient keeps 100% of the donation) when there is an apparent need.

Posted April 01, 2015
We moved to Clear Sky this year and have had the most wonderful experience! Coming from a charter school in our previous town, we weren't sure what to expect. We have 3 children currently at Clear Sky and can say that the classrooms are smaller than at our charter (all under 25). The teachers are amazing and really care about the students! The principal is so involved and is always available if you have concerns. The school has a very "community" feel. My kids love the project based learning! I have 3 very different children and I notice that each of their needs are getting met at this school (one struggles in math, one is super advanced, etc). I've been absolutely blown away by this school and we feel very blessed to be at Clear Sky!

Posted December 17, 2014
My experience at CSE has been wonderful! I cannot deny the fact that the classroom sizes are huge, but this truly is a wonderful school. My son is a kindergartener this year and has been struggling with developmental delays. We recently moved here from Dallas- I can not even begin to explain how awful inner city Dallas schools are. His teacher at CSE has been a tremendous advocate for my son- thanks to her, my son is receiving speech therapy, occupational therapy, and he is working with a reading specialist and a learning specialist. They do a fantastic job of keeping me informed and have help multiple multidisciplinary meetings with me to discuss his progress. My son adores his teacher and I am thrilled with his growth.

Clear Sky Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2014
Terribly overpopulated. The environment the children learn in is filthy. No one cleans that school! Children fall through the cracks because the classroom population is extremely too large. Some of the teachers I've spoken with are overwhelmed and underpaid. A child was hit by a car last year because of the mass exodus of cars picking children up from this school. The crossing guards are out helping children for only 5 minutes. Do not allow your kiddos to walk to this school. If they arrive 6 minutes early, there is no crossing guard. My children will not be returning next year.

Posted September 28, 2014
We have had an amazing experience at CSE. Yes it is over crowded but that's not the school fault it's all the new building that's gone up. The District is to blame they need to rewrite boundary lines. I'm so sorry to read the previous posts so I wish to address them This school year we do have a huge enrollment & the 3rd graders are in the trailers. The last few years it's been the 5th or 6th graders. So I think personally that having 3rd out there is better cause they are smaller bodies. ideally if we didn't need them it would be better but with all the housing growth in the meadows it's inevitable. Regarding Mrs Y I don't know your experience but ours was nothing short of amazing my daughter loves & misses her. We had her last school year. I love all of the staff & couldn't ask for better administration they work so hard for the CSE families with over 800 students they are stretched thin but even with all that on there plates they are amazing & sorry to hear you feel different. I just feel it's so sad that our society is so quick to post the negative reviews & the people who are happy don't speak up. We are extremely happy we have been at CSE for 3 years & they have been great.

Clear Sky Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
We moved to Castle Rock last year, after building a new home close to Clear Sky. Our children have attended only one semester so far, and we have been sorely disappointed. When you call with an issue, and are told they will get back to you, they don't. It took 5 days to get an appointment with the principal, and after they placate you with the meeting, nothing is resolved. The two teachers that I have had experience with so far have been the only redeeming quality of the school. They both have a passion for teaching, and make the children a priority, which is huge. The mobile classrooms are tiny and dirty, and I am wondering how they pass fire code. With 30-35 people, desks, chairs and educational material it is a hazard, and they are dirty. There are layers of dust hanging off the vents in the ceiling, that our children are breathing in. When asked about occupancy capacity, the teacher had no idea. When a 48 pound 3rd grader can't fit between desk groupings, there is a HUGE problem. I would never recommend this school, as long as the administration that is currently running the school remains. We are currently looking into other options.

1470 Clear Sky Way, Castle Rock, CO  80109
Last modified Clear Sky Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clear Sky Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top