Castle Rock, CO

Posted December 17, 2014
My experience at CSE has been wonderful! I cannot deny the fact that the classroom sizes are huge, but this truly is a wonderful school. My son is a kindergartener this year and has been struggling with developmental delays. We recently moved here from Dallas- I can not even begin to explain how awful inner city Dallas schools are. His teacher at CSE has been a tremendous advocate for my son- thanks to her, my son is receiving speech therapy, occupational therapy, and he is working with a reading specialist and a learning specialist. They do a fantastic job of keeping me informed and have help multiple multidisciplinary meetings with me to discuss his progress. My son adores his teacher and I am thrilled with his growth.

Clear Sky Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2014
Terribly overpopulated. The environment the children learn in is filthy. No one cleans that school! Children fall through the cracks because the classroom population is extremely too large. Some of the teachers I've spoken with are overwhelmed and underpaid. A child was hit by a car last year because of the mass exodus of cars picking children up from this school. The crossing guards are out helping children for only 5 minutes. Do not allow your kiddos to walk to this school. If they arrive 6 minutes early, there is no crossing guard. My children will not be returning next year.

Posted September 28, 2014
We have had an amazing experience at CSE. Yes it is over crowded but that's not the school fault it's all the new building that's gone up. The District is to blame they need to rewrite boundary lines. I'm so sorry to read the previous posts so I wish to address them This school year we do have a huge enrollment & the 3rd graders are in the trailers. The last few years it's been the 5th or 6th graders. So I think personally that having 3rd out there is better cause they are smaller bodies. ideally if we didn't need them it would be better but with all the housing growth in the meadows it's inevitable. Regarding Mrs Y I don't know your experience but ours was nothing short of amazing my daughter loves & misses her. We had her last school year. I love all of the staff & couldn't ask for better administration they work so hard for the CSE families with over 800 students they are stretched thin but even with all that on there plates they are amazing & sorry to hear you feel different. I just feel it's so sad that our society is so quick to post the negative reviews & the people who are happy don't speak up. We are extremely happy we have been at CSE for 3 years & they have been great.

Clear Sky Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
We moved to Castle Rock last year, after building a new home close to Clear Sky. Our children have attended only one semester so far, and we have been sorely disappointed. When you call with an issue, and are told they will get back to you, they don't. It took 5 days to get an appointment with the principal, and after they placate you with the meeting, nothing is resolved. The two teachers that I have had experience with so far have been the only redeeming quality of the school. They both have a passion for teaching, and make the children a priority, which is huge. The mobile classrooms are tiny and dirty, and I am wondering how they pass fire code. With 30-35 people, desks, chairs and educational material it is a hazard, and they are dirty. There are layers of dust hanging off the vents in the ceiling, that our children are breathing in. When asked about occupancy capacity, the teacher had no idea. When a 48 pound 3rd grader can't fit between desk groupings, there is a HUGE problem. I would never recommend this school, as long as the administration that is currently running the school remains. We are currently looking into other options.

Posted April 14, 2014
To the person below. My child has Mrs. Yoshioka as well this year. She has been nothing but amazing! My son loves going to school, and adores Mrs. Y. She is a great communicator, and has let us know about our sons struggles and accomplishiments. She has gone above and beyond to ensure my son gets the extra reading help that he needs. We have nothing but praise for Mrs. Yoshioka!!!! This is our second year at CSE and all three of our children have loved there teachers as well as Clear Sky! We have been very happy with their education!

Clear Sky Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
We are new to the city and school, but the transition for our daughter to clear sky elementary has been seamless. She adores her teacher (Ms. Henn) and her reading and math has significantly improved in just 4 months. My only complaint is that the school is so large, it is hard to get to know other parents. This is especially difficult for us as we came from a small preschool and from out of state. Still, we love how well first grade has gone thus far. Our daughter loooooves school, learning, and being "bison strong" - and that is priceless!

Posted October 31, 2013
To the last parent who wrote in...I'm so sorry for your bad experience. My daughter had Mrs. Sweeney last year and she was a sweetie who really loved her students!! As a teacher myself, there is NO excuse for bad teaching and cruel behavior...I don't care how many students you have in a classroom. Both my children have had an awesome experience but then again we didn't have Mrs Y. I do agree with you and something should be done! So sorry for how your child was treated.

Clear Sky Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
This school is a perfect fit for my daughter, who is going into 1st grade and her second year at Clear Sky. The teachers are always open to speak with you and beloved by the kids. My only issue has been with the office secretaries who seem to be rude but they are still helpful. The kids are rewarded for good behaviors and anti-bullying is actually made part of the curriculum with student made posters all over school. Love this school and I'm looking forward to the next 6 years here.

Posted May 03, 2013
My children have been attending CSE for 5 years, and we could not have asked for a better school experience. Funny that other posts have mentioned that there are so many kids--there are--BUT, the number of children in each class are equal to, or, in many cases LESS, than other schools in the county. The majority of classes have not only a main teacher, but a full-time assistant teacher, greatly lowering the student-to-teacher ratio. This year the school made the switch from Everyday Math to Envision Math, which we LOVE! Also, all classes do ability grouping (which they have done from the start), and you will constantly see resource teachers, EAs, or parent volunteers working in the hall with children who need extra time and attention. Speaking of which, unlike Charter Schools, volunteering is NOT required at CSE, yet we consistently are one of the top schools with parent volunteer hours, and that is only based on hours that are volunteered in the school, not on providing snacks, meals for teachers, or supplies for the classroom--those extra things are done out of love and support for our school, not because we need to log volunteer hours. We LOVE Clear Sky Elementary!!!

Clear Sky Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2013
Disappointing. We have only spent one year at Clear Sky, so our perception is admittedly skewed. But in the one year, we have seen an overcrowded school, lackluster administration with poor communication, and scarce parental involvement. Our child did have very good teacher and we definitely saw improvement throughout the year. But my overall feeling is that the school is just getting by, not thriving.

Clear Sky Elementary School
1470 Clear Sky Way, Castle Rock, CO  80109
Last modified Clear Sky Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clear Sky Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top