Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted December 02, 2015
My child has attended kindergarten and 1st grade here. I'm very please with how friendly and helpful the staff is. I come from a long line of teachers and I've never experienced a more hands on principal than Mrs. Roe. I am so impressed with how involved she is with getting know the kids, PTA events and helping with greeting the students in the morning as the enter the building. My child has had good teachers that paid attention to detail in her learning style and learning level. Her reading skills have improved tremendously in just a few short months. I also appreciate the opportunity to volunteer when I like. It allows me to get to know her classroom, classmates and teachers. I feel that the school takes safety seriously. They do drills to prepare the students in the event of emergencies. I like that the building also feels safe and nobody can just enter at free will. Sadly, we have to take these things into consideration. I'm very pleased with our experience at Clear Sky.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 22, 2015
Very communicative! I know what my son has been up to before I even pick him up from school.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 22, 2015
I personally don't think that grade schoolers should have homework. I didn't have homework until middle school, and I am still an intelligent woman. I find that homework leaves very little time for extra-curricular activities and family time. School gets out at 4, and squeezing in sports or music + dinner + homework + showers, resonable bed time, etc., leaves no time to be a kid and relax with family.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 22, 2015
I agree, but didn't say "strongly agree", because there have been a few times that I thought my son could have been held to a greater accountability regarding quality of work that he turned in.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2015
I get the sense that the teachers genuinely care for every student. They do not rush to judgement, and exude compassion.

Posted May 04, 2015
I couldn't be more happy! The principal is very involved in day-to-day activities, staff is very friendly and helpful, teachers are attentive and communicative and families are very involved. I feel that the school strives to meet every child's individual learning needs. Bravo, Clear Sky! My only criticism is the barrage of fundraisers. However, every organization, whether school or otherwise, seems to be on a fundraising rampage. I prefer to donate money (the recipient keeps 100% of the donation) when there is an apparent need.

Posted April 01, 2015
We moved to Clear Sky this year and have had the most wonderful experience! Coming from a charter school in our previous town, we weren't sure what to expect. We have 3 children currently at Clear Sky and can say that the classrooms are smaller than at our charter (all under 25). The teachers are amazing and really care about the students! The principal is so involved and is always available if you have concerns. The school has a very "community" feel. My kids love the project based learning! I have 3 very different children and I notice that each of their needs are getting met at this school (one struggles in math, one is super advanced, etc). I've been absolutely blown away by this school and we feel very blessed to be at Clear Sky!

Posted December 17, 2014
My experience at CSE has been wonderful! I cannot deny the fact that the classroom sizes are huge, but this truly is a wonderful school. My son is a kindergartener this year and has been struggling with developmental delays. We recently moved here from Dallas- I can not even begin to explain how awful inner city Dallas schools are. His teacher at CSE has been a tremendous advocate for my son- thanks to her, my son is receiving speech therapy, occupational therapy, and he is working with a reading specialist and a learning specialist. They do a fantastic job of keeping me informed and have help multiple multidisciplinary meetings with me to discuss his progress. My son adores his teacher and I am thrilled with his growth.

Clear Sky Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2014
Terribly overpopulated. The environment the children learn in is filthy. No one cleans that school! Children fall through the cracks because the classroom population is extremely too large. Some of the teachers I've spoken with are overwhelmed and underpaid. A child was hit by a car last year because of the mass exodus of cars picking children up from this school. The crossing guards are out helping children for only 5 minutes. Do not allow your kiddos to walk to this school. If they arrive 6 minutes early, there is no crossing guard. My children will not be returning next year.

Posted September 28, 2014
We have had an amazing experience at CSE. Yes it is over crowded but that's not the school fault it's all the new building that's gone up. The District is to blame they need to rewrite boundary lines. I'm so sorry to read the previous posts so I wish to address them This school year we do have a huge enrollment & the 3rd graders are in the trailers. The last few years it's been the 5th or 6th graders. So I think personally that having 3rd out there is better cause they are smaller bodies. ideally if we didn't need them it would be better but with all the housing growth in the meadows it's inevitable. Regarding Mrs Y I don't know your experience but ours was nothing short of amazing my daughter loves & misses her. We had her last school year. I love all of the staff & couldn't ask for better administration they work so hard for the CSE families with over 800 students they are stretched thin but even with all that on there plates they are amazing & sorry to hear you feel different. I just feel it's so sad that our society is so quick to post the negative reviews & the people who are happy don't speak up. We are extremely happy we have been at CSE for 3 years & they have been great.

1470 Clear Sky Way, Castle Rock, CO  80109
Last modified Clear Sky Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.