Posted April 11, 2014
CRE is a fantastic school! They are doing project based learning and my student loves it! The school does a great job of communicating with parents and my kids love going to school. The teachers are top notch. They treat the kids like they are their own.

Castle Rock Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2013
Administration has no school pride. I cannot complain too much because the teachers we had were really nice people but there is no consistency in the curriculum from different classes in the same grade. Some had almost an hour of homework every night and others had a little bit every month. The playgrounds are always full of trash even after comments from parents. I hated to see birds outside eating plastic on an almost daily basis. To me it seems like the administration is only there because they are paid to be and they think teaching at a DCSD school makes them look good. I had one child attend Lewis Palmer Elementary School for 6 years and it was a dream compared to this. (Can't say enough good things about LPES!) I feel that if I have my two younger children attend CRE any longer they will never have the ability to reach their full potential. I am going to do everything I can to change schools before next year.

Castle Rock Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2012
Today 10/9/2012 my 1st grade son was punched in the face so hard the school had to call due to a large swollen lump on his cheek bone. He was punched at recess and I picked him up from school at 1PM. The school had not yet even identified the assailant. My son only saw he had a red shirt on and since his recess is only with other 1st graders that leaves just 2 classrooms the puncher could have come from. I was told they would look into the matter further and call me. Well at 4PM after school was already let out they still had not called me back, so I called them. I was once again told they were working on figuring out who punched my son. Other student also told them it was a kid in a red shirt, but they somehow were unable to identify a boy in a red shirt from just 2 classrooms. I feel that they are not taking this serious at all. I was warned about bullying at this school before enrolling...I wish I would have listened. I will update this review if I get results, but I doubt it.

Castle Rock Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2012
I moved my kids from this school because of the principal, Kelly Ursetta. The teachers there are wonderful, but morale has suffered greatly since Mrs. Ursetta came on last year. Teachers are leaving, parents are pulling thier kids and changing schools...it has gotten so bad that there is actually a petition going around, organized by upset parents, in an effort to get Mrs. Ursetta fired as the principal. I would strongly caution any parent considering going to CRE to re-think that decision if Mrs. Ursetta is still the principal.

Posted April 11, 2012
We love it here. The new Principal has been great! We came in mid-year and have been made to feel very welcome by the students and staff. My children are getting challenged academically. They are getting science everyday, as well as all of the other subject areas. The parent community has been wonderful as well. Very down to earth friendly people. I am so glad we made the move to CRE!

Castle Rock Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2012
We open enrolled our child into this school because our neighborhood school had such poor reviews. I immediately got a bad vibe from the new principal, Kelly Ursetta. She continued to disappoint when I had emailed her regarding an issue that we had. She has a better than everyone type of attitude that really shines through. We have also noticed a huge lack of parent involvement. The parents don't seem friendly whatsoever & there is no parent support in our child's classroom. We have just been very disappointed in lots of ways, too many to list here. The only good thing about this school is our child's teacher, whom we absolutely adore. I probably would have taken our child to another school midway through the year had it not been for her.

Posted January 19, 2012
The school is very advanced and the principal and staff are excellent. I would recommend this school to all. We will continue in this school and tell all our friends with younger children to enroll in Castle Rock Elementary.

Posted October 21, 2011
sI moved my kids from another school into CRE last year. I now have 2 kids there, and 1 has gone on to middle school. I love this school, as do my kids. At the other school, my oldest child was so bullied, I feared for his safety. When everything is said and done, I was blessed to be able to get my children into this school. The teachers adore the kids. The office staff knows each kid by name. So far the new principal has been doing a great job. She did have some pretty big shoes to fill. My two kids that are there now are so happy. At the previous school when I picked them up at the end of the day, they were ALWAYS in tears. Now they're laughing, and I have to wait forever for them. I also see all of the teachers hug all their kids on their way home. I am so happy my kids are here. Their grades have gone up, and during summer, and fall break, they spent most of their time reading books. I am so proud to be a part of this school.

Castle Rock Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2011
The principal is to "everything is wonderful, there are no problems" when the problem is her. My kids were at the school the first three and first two years of the elementary careers. They had great teachers except for the older child. The final teacher he had allowed movies every Friday in the classroom and one of them being Hannah Montana, PG13! Not appropriate. That teacher was also going through a principal apprenticeship. I was disappointed that the great teachers were not rewarded and two of them moved on due to poor upper leadership.

Posted August 07, 2010
When I was in this school, I loved it. The teachers are amazing and the principal was very nice and helped out.

Castle Rock Elementary School
1103 Canyon Dr, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Castle Rock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle Rock Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top